Once you're over 21, candles on a cake become more and more of a fire hazard. So boy, do we have a hack for you... a boozy birthday cake martini. This sweet and creamy drink is just as festive as a birthday cake, but it's fire safety-approved no matter how old you are.
How to Make a Birthday Cake Martini
We love the blissful creamy flavors in this festive martini. It's the perfect way to celebrate your next birthday.
- Simple syrup and sprinkles for rim
- 1½ ounces whipped cream vodka
- ¾ ounce amaretto liqueur
- ¾ ounce white crème de cacao
- ½ ounce half and half
- Chill a martini glass or coupe.
- To prepare rim, dip the rim of the martini glass or coupe in a saucer with simple syrup.
- With the sprinkles on a second saucer, dip either half or the entire rim of the glass in the sprinkles to coat.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, whipped cream vodka, amaretto, white crème de cacao, and cream.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
Birthday Cake Martini Variations and Substitutions
Just like actual birthday cakes, a birthday cake martini comes in many flavors and colors.
- Use a brown crème de cacao instead of white to mimic a chocolate birthday cake.
- Instead of whipped cream vodka, use vanilla voka and add a splash of banana liqueur for a yellow batter birthday cake.
- Include a half-ounce of strawberry, peach, or raspberry liqueur for a fruitier flavor.
- A splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice will brighten up your birthday cake martini.
As unique as a beautifully decorated birthday cake, consider your garnish a stand-in for the frosting on birthday cakes.
- For a chocolatey garnish, drizzle chocolate syrup in a swirl pattern on the inside of the glass.
- You can also drizzle caramel syrup or even honey on the inside of the glass to sweeten your drink.
- Dip the rim of your glass in frosting. You can enjoy it on its own or dip the frosting into some sprinkles.
- Drop in a pinch of rainbow sprinkles for a colorful swirl as the sprinkles melt.
Slice Into a Birthday Cake Martini
Birthday cake tastes best with a candle on top, but when you can't make that happen, a birthday cake martini is also a perfectly good option. And don't think it needs to be your birthday, either. With the birthday cake martini, it can be your birthday any day.
Can't get enough boozy birthday cake? Try birthday cake pudding shots!