- In a cocktail shaker, combine the pineapple juice, vodka, and vermouth.
- Add ice and shake until chilled.
- Strain the mixture into a martini glass and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
Substitutions and Variations
Pineapple is a fundamental ingredient in mixology as it partners well with so many different liquors, liqueurs, and syrups. This makes the number of ways you can customize a pineapple martini for yourself truly endless.
- Replace vodka with coconut flavored rum and omit vermouth.
- Replace vermouth with triple sec for a sweeter martini.
- Replace dry vermouth with ginger syrup for a spicy take on this martini.
The classic garnish is a pineapple wedge, but feel free to get creative:
- Add a sugar rim to the glass.
- Garnish with a citrus twist.
- Skewer a cherry and pineapple on a drink umbrella for a nice dash of kitsch.
About the Pineapple Martini
Martinis are one of those classic cocktails whose cultural legacy perhaps eclipses its historic popularity, and variations on the classic formula, like the pineapple martini, help keep this old-fashioned drink interesting for modern audiences. Brightly colored and richly flavored, the pineapple martini won't overpower any meal you make to accompany it; rather, it'll give you a hint of the sweetness of the best desserts without any of the regrets. Here are a few pineapple martini recipes to keep you inspired and get you started.
Take a Slice out of a Pineapple Martini
If you like tropical flavors but prefer a sophisticated presentation, then the pineapple martini is for you. So get out your cocktail shaker and mix up this modern classic.