For those of us with a sweet tooth, the familiar struggle of late-night cravings for something sweet is all too real, and the last thing we want to do is whip up a batch of cookies in the middle of the night. Luckily, we have a one-minute microwaveable brownie recipe just for you. All you need are a few ingredients you already have at home, and you'll have a delicious (and chocolately) dessert in no time — well, one minute to be exact.
One-Minute Microwave Brownie Recipe
This recipe uses an 1800-watt microwave and fits a small mug. For larger mugs, double the recipe. This recipe is one serving.
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Line the bottom of the mug with graham cracker crumbs.
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients and mix until a batter forms.
- Pour batter into a mug.
- Microwave for 60 seconds.
Doubling the recipe may impact cooking time. Experiment in 15-second bursts to find the perfect time for your brownie.
Delicious Add-Ins & Toppings
Turn your microwaveable mug brownies into a fancy dessert. Make different brownies by adding a handful of your favorite fruits, nuts, and other fillings. Here are some mix-ins and toppings that we love.
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries (topping)
- Toffee bits (mix in)
- Crushed almonds (mix in)
- White chocolate chips (mix in)
- Chopped macadamia nuts (mix in)
- Caramel syrup (topping)
- Crushed cookies (mix in)
- Small marshmallows (mix in)
- Chopped chocolate candies (mix in)
- Crushed pretzels (mix in)
Make a Brownie Sundae
Sometimes, a chocolate craving is bigger than a brownie. Since you've already got your spoon out, why not treat yourself to the whole decadent dessert experience? Turn your mug brownie into a delicious à la mode by adding a scoop of your favorite ice cream. Top it off with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate or caramel syrup. That ought to satisfy the craving.
Turn Your Microwaveable Brownies Into a Gourmet Dessert
Who said you couldn't microwave yourself a delightful (and chocolatey) dessert? This easy-to-make microwave brownie is the perfect treat if you ever crave a sweet snack.