Laura Williams, M.S.Ed.
Laura Williams writes content for a number of LoveToKnow channels including exercise, skiing, teens and women's fashion. After working as a manager in the recreation industry for a number of years Laura began working full-time as a freelance writer specializing in fitness, fashion, beauty and lifestyle. She and her husband are developing GirlsGoneSporty, a website designed to help the sporty woman live the sporty life. Laura holds a master's degree in Exercise and Sport Science from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor as well as a number of professional certifications in aquatics and recreation. In addition to her work with LoveToKnow, Laura contributes articles to a number of other print and web publications.
- Exercise: Laura holds a Master's in Exercise and Sport Science, has managed fitness facilities for five years and has been published in scholarly research journals
- Women's Fashion, Shoes, Jewelry, Lingerie and Handbags: As an exceptionally tall woman, Laura has spent her entire life trying to dissect and assimilate fashion to make it work for her, and in the process has developed a keen eye for helping other women do the same. She has written fashion articles for a number of websites and has worked as the Tall Women's Fashion Contributing Writer for a major online resouce
- Teens: As a manager in the recreation industry for eight years, most of Laura's adult life has been spent around young adults between the ages of 15 and 22. This close contact has given her insight into teen fashion, trends and hot topics.
- Swimsuits: Laura has worked in and around aquatic environments for more than 14 years and has a lot of knowledge about swimwear fashion, trends and resources.
- Business/Jobs & Careers: Before becoming a full-time freelance writer, Laura worked as a manager for eight years, completing her run as the Director of Programs for a large fitness center managing more than 140 staff members in five separate areas. She has interviewed hundreds of people, written job descriptions, business proposals and more. Her business experience also includes opening two large fitness/recreation centers, planning major events and performing hands-on marketing and advertising. Her undergraduate degree included a minor in business administration and she has participated in and led business training seminars.