ExpertisePet Expert,Restaurant Manager,Houseplant Enthusiast,Paranormal Experiences,Child and Adolescent Expertise,Volunteer Coordinator,Blogger
Affiliations and Memberships
- Girl Scouts of the USA
- Family Promise Toledo Chapter
- African Violet Society of America
- American Orchid Society
If an animal has fur, fins, feathers, or scales, she has probably kept, bred, or shown it at some point in her life.
- She is a former breeder of Shih Tzus, Chihuahuas, and Poodles.
- She was a professional dog show handler who specialized in Toy and Non-Sporting group breeds until the demands of a growing family took precedence. As a handler and breeder, she was also responsible for training and grooming client dogs as well as her own.
- Over the years, she has also bred various types of exotic birds, including parakeets, cockatiels, lovebirds, and Green Cheek Conures. Her personal flock also includes an Amazon parrot and a Lesser Sulfur-Crested Cockatoo who she has owned for over 25 years.
- As a hobby shared with her oldest son and daughter in their younger years, she bred and showed cavies (Guinea pigs).
- Kelly has kept tropical fish occasionally over the years as well, and she has a particular love for bettas, also referred to as Siamese fighting fish.
Food and Cocktails
Kelly has 15 years of experience in the restaurant industry, both as a cook and a restaurant manager, and she has overseen numerous events both large and small.
Kelly is also a houseplant enthusiast and a past member of the African Violet Society of America and the American Orchid Society. She has fond memories of attending the famous Chicago Orchid Festival, sitting in on growing seminars, and collecting her favorite varieties. These days her interests are mainly concentrated on cacti and other succulents.
Kelly has had several first-hand, unexplained experiences in a relative's purportedly haunted home that have given her a firm belief that there is more to this world than meets the eye.
Kids and Teens
Kelly is the mother of four and has plenty of practical experience and common sense advice to share. She is also a former Girl Scout Troop Leader, School Recruiter and Service Unit Training Coordinator, and she has taken numerous trainings on working with youths provided by that organization. She also took the Protecting Youth seminar which was provided by her children's school and required of all parent volunteers.
Kelly is married to a hospice chaplain, so it's only natural that she would wind up helping out as a volunteer. She is trained to visit with patients as well as help assist with various tasks at the office. She also helps out with the Bereavement department.
In the past, Kelly worked as the Volunteer Manager of the Toledo chapter of Family Promise, a charity that helped homeless families get a fresh start in life. She carried out the initial intakes and background checks on families seeking to enter the program. She was also responsible for recruiting churches to participate in the program and helping them form teams from their congregations to host several families at each church for a week on a rotating basis. She was responsible for scheduling host weeks and keeping each volunteer team informed with pertinent info about each of the families they would be hosting.