Stay true to your Celtic heritage and send Irish Christmas cards as holiday greetings this year. These cards are the perfect way to say "Beannachtaí an tSéasúir" (Season's Greetings).
Free Printable Irish Christmas Cards
You can download and print these free cards onto cardstock right at home. Simply click on the image of the card you want, and download the file. If you need help downloading, check out these helpful tips. Once printed, fold the cards and write your own message on the interior.
Modern Irish Christmas Card
This beautiful card features a wreath of soft, delicate greens on the front, giving it a festive, yet modern look. These would look pretty folded and sent as regular Christmas cards, or attached to gifts as gift tags. You could even print one out and frame it to give your holiday decor an Irish touch.
Traditional Irish Christmas Card
For more traditional tastes, this card features gold reindeer ornaments against a green backdrop with the Irish Christmas greeting in a tasteful script font. This is a wonderful choice for your family Christmas card.
Cartoony Irish Christmas Card
For a more playful touch, consider this Irish Santa, dressed in green instead of his customary red, with a fun little Christmas greeting. This would also make a nice addition to your holiday decor, printed and framed or tucked onto a shelf.
Irish Peace Card
The green in this card fits perfectly with the holiday green of the Christmas season, and it's also symbolic of Ireland. The beautiful Celtic knot background gives a subtle Irish flair to the simple image of a white dove of peace. This is a classic, lovely option for everyone on your holiday greetings list.
Celtic Christmas Blessings Card
Send Irish blessings to your friends and family with this printable card. The Celtic knot is elegant and classic, making this an ideal traditional choice for a Christmas card.
Ideas for Personalizing Your Irish Cards
You can give your Irish Christmas cards a personal touch in lots of ways. Try the following:
- Use a glitter pen to outline the writing or Celtic knots on the cards.
- Print a family photo to include inside.
- Add an Irish blessing to the inside of the card.
- Use a shamrock stencil to create a pretty design on the back or inside.
- Write the words to an Irish Christmas carol inside the card.
Where to Purchase Irish Holiday Cards
There are many online retailers where you can order Irish Christmas cards, including:
- The Printery House: The Printery House offers a selection of Irish holiday cards with Christian messages. There are usually 18 cards and envelopes to a box, depending on the selection.
- IrishShop.com: IrishShop.com has a nice selection of Christmas cards with Irish themes. Most are simple, with traditional images such as wreaths or knots combined with statements such as Irish Christmas prayers. Average box quantity is 25 cards and envelopes.
- Cafe Press: Featuring lots of Irish-themed designs, from Irish setters to Celtic blessings, Cafe Press has something for everyone. Cards start at about four dollars each, but you can get a discount for ordering multiple cards.
Send an Irish Blessing
Let your Irish heritage show during the holiday season with an Irish Christmas card. Download one of the free cards, or purchase a box to send; either way, you're sure to send some Irish blessings to those you love.