Everybody's favorite childhood bubblegum in a shot? We're all about reliving childhood memories through a boozy, adult lens. And boy does the Bazooka Joe shot let us do just that. Sadly, no comics come with this shot, so you'll have to bring your own.
How to Make Bazooka Joe Shots
We were all about the bubblegum when we were kids. And frankly, we probably don't get enough of it as adults. So while you can't technically blow bubbles with this shot, it's still going to taste like you could. Hello, nostalgia.
- ½ ounce blue curaçao
- ½ ounce banana liqueur
- ½ ounce Irish cream
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, blue curaçao, banana liqueur, and Irish cream.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into a shot glass.
Variations on the Bazooka Joe Shot
The Bazooka Joe shot requires a fairly exact list of ingredients, but there's still room to experiment.
- Use a fruity banana vodka for a boozier kick. You can buy it from the store or easily infuse your own banana flavor into vodka at home.
- Instead of plain Irish cream, use strawberries and cream for a fruitier bubble gum flavor.
- Although the proportions make this an easy-to-build and well-balanced cocktail, there's room to experiment with a quarter ounce more banana liqueur and a quarter ounce less Irish cream, for example.
- Layer the shot instead of shaking! Start by adding the banana liqueur to the shot glass. Follow this by pouring the Irish cream slowly down the back of a bar spoon to create a second layer, and finish by following the same step with the blue curaçao.
Garnishes for the Bazooka Joe Shot
Complete the look of your Bazooka Joe shot with any of these garnish suggestions, or use them as a jumping-off point for your own creation!
- Pierce a banana slice on a cocktail skewer, balancing it across the rim of the shot glass.
- Add a lemon or lime wheel or slice to the rim.
- Rub the rim with a lemon wedge and dip the rim in sugar for an even sweeter-tasting shot.
Bazooka Joe: The Blue Shot
Some may be surprised to order this shot, anticipating a bright pink shot, only to find a beautifully blue shot awaiting them. More surprising yet — it has that distinctive bubble gum flavor. Now that you're in on the secret, why not surprise your friends with this tricky yet delicious shot?