Imagine you're in your fave bikini down at the shore. The coconutty scent of suntan lotion is in the air, and the sun warms your skin. Seagulls call in the distance, and you can hear the waves lapping against the beach. Now, what's missing from that dream? Why, a beachy bikini martini, of course.
How to Make a Bikini Martini
No matter how brief your best bikini is, the bikinitini is the perfect accessory. With tropical flavors of coconut and pineapple plus a splash of sunshine, it's the beachy drink you never knew you needed — until now.
- 1½ ounces coconut rum
- ½ ounce vodka
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- ½ ounce grenadine
- Orange slice for garnish
- Chill a martini glass or coupe.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, coconut rum, vodka, and pineapple juice.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into the chilled glass.
- Slowly pour grenadine down the side of the glass, allowing it to settle and create a layer.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
Bikini Martini Variations and Substitutions
There are actually a few different bikini martini recipes, including one that results in a blue color! Consider trying a few of these swaps.
- For an ocean blue bikini martini, use one and a half ounces of dry gin, a three-quarters ounce of blue curaçao, and a quarter ounce each of peach liqueur and freshly squeezed lemon juice. Shake to chill and serve in a martini glass with an orange slice or orange peel.
- Use equal parts orange juice and pineapple juice.
- Instead of plain vodka, use a flavored vodka such as vanilla or whipped cream.
- Skip the vodka entirely and use a silver rum or tequila in its place instead.
Garnishes for the Bikini Tini
The bikini martini practically demands a tropical garnish.
- Pierce a pineapple wedge on a cocktail skewer.
- Drop in a maraschino cherry to emphasize the red grenadine layer.
- Alternate maraschino cherries with a pineapple wedge on a cocktail skewer for a tropical and colorful-looking garnish.
- Rub the rim of the glass with a lime wedge and dip the rim in shredded coconut.
Slip Into a Bikini Martini
Slip into something a bit more comfortable than your usual rum punch or margarita in favor of something a little lighter: the bikini martini. It's up to you whether you enjoy this in pajamas or something a little more warm weather.