Who among us doesn't occasionally close our eyes and imagine we're on a tropical island somewhere? And while we don't always have the time, vacation days, or budget to head someplace where the sun shines all year round, we can definitely invoke the feeling with a breezy cocktail. How, you ask? Try our tropical blue breeze cocktail and get ready to feel the wind in your hair.
How to Make a Tropical Blue Breeze Cocktail
So, first things first. This drink is blue. And boy do we love a blue cocktail. Somehow, a cocktail that reminds us of a beachy vacay always tastes better than if it was any other color. Just us?
- 2 ounces coconut rum
- ¾ ounce pineapple juice
- ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ ounce blue curaçao
- ½ ounce cream of coconut
- Orange slice and cherry for garnish
Blue Breeze Variations
Try any of these swaps to make your cocktail the best for you.
- Make the blue breeze into a fizzy treat by topping off with a lemon-lime soda, or keep it a little drier with a flavored club soda such as orange, pineapple, coconut, or berry.
- For a less coconut-forward cocktail, skip the cream of coconut. On the other hand, add additional cream of coconut for a bolder flavor.
- Swap coconut rum for coconut vodka or tequila, whichever you prefer.
- Use lime juice in place of lemon juice. You can even use a lime cordial instead.
Blue Breeze Garnishes
Allow your imagination to dream or keep your blue breeze garnish simple with any of these ideas.
- Include a pineapple leaf to complete the tropical look.
- Pierce a cherry and pineapple wedge with a cocktail skewer.
- Keep it super simple with a single garnish using only a cherry or only an orange slice.
- Opt for a dehydrated orange slice for a modern look on a classic drink.
A Welcoming Breeze
Some days, a breeze wouldn't be so welcomed, but in the case of this cocktail, a blue breeze is one you'll greet with open arms. Settle into a comfortable chair beneath an umbrella or plop yourself in the sun and get swept away with the breeze.