If you're a fan of sipping on a sweet and tangy beverage, then you'll love this delicious and gorgeous pomegranate martini. Soaring to popularity in the 90s, alongside the appletini, espresso martini, and other flavor-forward drinks, this pomegranate martini has the refreshing balance of sweet and tart. Add that fruity splash to your cocktails, and you'll have a drink with the best of both worlds.
How to Make a Pomegranate Martini
Pomegranate juice and pomegranate liqueur offer the much sought-after sweet yet tart essence to the flavored martini. The cutting and dry notes complement the orange liqueur and agave sweetness to keep the martini well-balanced from start to finish.
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 1½ ounces pomegranate juice
- ½ ounce orange liqueur
- ¼ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Lemon wedge for garnish
- Chill a martini glass or coupe.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, vodka, pomegranate juice, orange liqueur, and lemon juice.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into the chilled glass.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Skip the pomegranate juice in favor of pomegranate liqueur for a boozier twist, or use a little of both in equal parts. Punch up the pomegranate flavors with pomegranate vodka.
Variations and Garnishes
If some of these ingredients aren't for you or you don't have them on hand, there are other options for shaking up a pomegranate martini.
- For a tarter flavor, add additional lemon juice and opt for lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- A splash of simple syrup can add sweetness.
- Instead of a lemon wedge, use a lemon wheel, peel, twist, slice, or ribbon for a colorful pop.
- For a stronger touch of lime, use a wedge, wheel, or slice.
- Skip the lemon in favor of a lime peel, twist, or ribbon.
Virgin Pomegranate Martini
Skip the booze and turn this delicious martini into a pomegranate mocktail. Substitute the alcohol component with 1½ ounces of orange juice and 1 ounce of ginger ale to top off or even a homemade lemonade. This adds a bit of tasty carbonation to your drink that's also a refreshing twist.
A Pom of Flavor
Other flavored martinis don't hold a candle to the pomegranate martini. Its tart and dry flavors are a unique and incredible burst of sweetness and citrus. Go ahead and shake this up. You'll blow away your friends and family with this tasty cocktail.