Remember the days of the set it and forget it infomercial? These dump cakes have the same exact idea, and isn't that beautiful? It is if you're someone who loves dessert, can never replicate a recipe without burning it, or you just don't want to measure and sift flour for half an afternoon, then the dump cake is your new best friend. These are the best slow cooker dump cakes to get you started. And absolutely none of them require you to keep track of how many times you've stirred anything. Let's get cooking!
What Is a Dump Cake?
Not unlike a cobbler or crisp, the dump cake requires no mixing. You're also going to use a cake mix, store-bought, to give you that crunchy, sweet crust instead of oats or pie dough.
It's a simple one-two-three recipe with no stirring, no mixers, and the only thing you're scooping might be some ice cream. Spend the day browsing slow cooker dump cakes on TikTok, and your stomach will be rumbling before long.
Slow Cooker Cherry Dump Cake
Three ingredients stand between you and a cherry dump cake that'll rival any cherry dessert. And all without tearing pie dough or burning it.
- 42 ounces cherry pie filling
- One box yellow cake mix
- ½ cup butter, cut into thick pats.
- In your slow cooker, add the cherry pie filling.
- Sprinkle a box of yellow cake mix over the top.
- Top it all with the pats of butter, spread evenly on top of the cake mix.
- Set your slow cooker to low for four hours if you're patient, or pop it on high for two hours if you're ready for dessert.
@homesteadwithhayes #easyrecipes #desserttiktok #crockpot #slowcooker #summer #cherry #fyp #simple #quickdessert #bake #easydesserts #recipe #recipesoftiktok #AerieREAL ♬ Send Me on My Way - Vibe Street
Slow Cooker Apple Dump Cake
Scratch the itch for apple pie or apple crisp with something that's a little easier - without ending up with flour covering every square inch of your kitchen. This easy recipe from Salty Side Dish will not only be an instant hit, but your friends will beg you for your secret.
After adding the apple pie filling, but before you sprinkle the cake mix, add a cup to two cups of caramels cut into squares to make a caramel apple dump cake.
Slow Cooker Blueberry Dump Cake
Some of us have fingers perpetually stained purple from eating blueberries all summer long. If you're dreaming of those blueberries, why not enjoy a dump cake to hold you over until summer?
- 42 ounces blueberry pie filling
- Yellow cake mix or vanilla cake mix
- 1 stick butter, cut into pats
- Dump 42 ounces of blueberry pie filling into your crockpot.
- Sprinkle yellow or vanilla cake mix over top of the blueberries.
- Complete the layers evenly spacing the squares of butter over the cake mix.
- Cook your soon-to-be-completed dump cake on high for three hours or step away and allow the magic to work on low for five or so hours.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside-Down Dump Cake
Allow the slow cooker to make you a delicious and juicy pineapple upside-down dump cake recipe by Recipes That Crock while you make yourself a pineapple upside-down cake martini.
To make the recipe for your slow cooker, simply add it in layers to the slow cooker and set it on low for 4 hours or high for 2. Boom. Dump cake.
Slow Cooker Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
Take a bite out of a juicy peach. A juicy peach dump cake, that is. If you're anything like me, you can't get enough of peaches even when they are in season. Thank peaches for this recipe.
- 32 ounces canned peaches in heavy syrup, undrained
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, sliced
- Into your slow cooker, dump the peaches and syrup.
- Sprinkle on the yellow cake mix.
- You know the drill, evenly spread the butter over the cake mix. You can even melt the butter and pour it over the top.
- Allow those flavors to mingle on high for about two hours or low for about four.
Mix in some pecans or walnuts with the peaches! You can add more once it's done cooking by sprinkling overtop. Don't forget the ice cream and a pinch of cinnamon.
Fast Dump Cakes in a Slow Cooker
It may seem counterintuitive, but it's the lack of prep time in assembling these slow cooker dump cakes recipes that makes them so quick despite the long cook time. Dump your ingredients and then go on about your day while the dump cake takes care of itself. If only all desserts could be this easy.