- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 unwaxed cucumbers
- 1/2 ripe honeydew melon
- In a medium bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, and salt and mix with a wire whisk until blended.
- Stir in the chopped fresh mint.
- Rinse and dry the cucumbers. Peel the entire cucumbers, or peel several lengthwise strips for a pretty edge on each slice.
- Slice the cucumbers into 1/8" slices and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- Cut the melon half into fourths lengthwise and remove the peel.
- Slice the melon into thin pieces and then slice each piece into fourths. Add to the dressing.
- Toss the cucumbers and melon in the dressing gently with your hands.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Store the salad covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Tips and Variations
Switch things up by following these tips.
- Some cucumbers are sold with a waxy coating that can be unpleasant to eat. The wax is edible, however. If you can only find waxed cucumbers, just remove all the peel.
- English cucumbers can be substituted for regular cucumbers. The English variety has fewer seeds, which can be bitter.
- Chopped celery is a nice addition to this cool green salad.
- Other herbs can be substituted for the mint. Try chopped fresh dill or basil for a different taste.
- If you can't find fresh mint, you can use 1/4 teaspoon dried mint leaves. Rub the dried mint between your fingers briefly to release the aroma.
© 2023 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.