This recipe serves 6 people.
- 2 and 1/2 pounds potatoes (Yukon gold or redskins, your choice)
- 4 strips cooked bacon, chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped small
- A few sprigs of chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large pot of salted water, bring the uncut, unpeeled potatoes to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and continue cooking the potatoes until they're tender when poked with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool for about 45 minutes. Once cooled, either peel them or leave the peels on, as you prefer, and cut them into bite-sized pieces, adding them to a large mixing bowl as you go. Refrigerate them for about two hours uncovered.
- While the cut potatoes are chilling, fry the bacon until it just begins to turn crisp. Remove the strips to a plate covered with paper towels and let the bacon drain. Chop the bacon into small pieces and add them to the bowl of potatoes. You can skip this step entirely if you don't want to add bacon to your salad.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, mustard, salt, and pepper and stir. Add the peas, eggs, and onions and stir again.
- Pull the bowl of potatoes (and bacon) from the fridge, scrape the mayo mixture into it, and gently stir everything together. Cover the bowl and return it to the refrigerator and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- When it's time to serve, transfer the salad to a serving bowl and sprinkle the parsley over it for garnish.
© 2023 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.