The lucky aspects in a natal chart bring ease and opportunities into your life. Still, it's up to you to take advantage of them. Why? Because those who have primarily lucky aspects in their birth chart often take them for granted. They don't push themselves to take advantage of the talents they bring or the opportunities they offer.
Examples of Lucky Astrology Aspects
The astrological aspects describe the angular relationships between the planets or points in a birth chart, and they are measured in degrees. The Lucky aspects in a natal chart are the conjunction (0°), sextile (60°), and trine (120°).
Conjunctions involve planets and points within plus or minus 8° of each other in the same astrological sign. Conjoined planets act almost like turbo-charged energy. This is particularly true of stelliums. Much depends on how closely conjoined the planets are and how well the plants function as a team. As an example:
- Venus conjunct the sun in a birth chart indicates an individual with many friends and enjoys a life of relative comfort --if not wealth. Additionally, they have the ability to attract what they desire. Gordon Ramsay, Oprah Winfrey, Ted Turner, and Leonardo DiCaprio have sun conjunct Venus in their birth charts.
- On the other hand, Venus conjunct Saturn in a birth chart indicates an individual who can feel unloved and not valued by others. They may feel they must work very hard for love and money. However, with patience, hard work, and determination, these individuals will be rewarded. Bill Gates, Chris Evert, Donald Trump, Steffi Graf, and Kurt Cobain have Venus conjunct Saturn in their birth charts.
Planets or other important points 60° apart (plus or minus 3°) are in signs with compatible elements (fire and air or earth and water.) A sextile is expressive and energetic. When planets are sextile, they spur each other on, and their joint effort creates opportunities for an individual. Examples:
- Mars sextile Uranus describes an electric magnetism that is physically, sexually, and intellectually attractive to others. They trust their instincts, aren't afraid to take risks, and inspire others through their actions. Paul McCartney and Marlon Brando have Mars sextile Uranus in their horoscopes.
- Mars Sextile Venus produces a zest for life. Individuals with this lucky aspect are self-promoters who are confident and assertive in chasing their desires without being threatening. They are charming and charismatic individuals who have a positive influence on others. Matt Damon, Gordon Ramsay, Robin Williams, and Orlando Bloom have Mars sextile Venus in their birth charts.
Planets or other important points are 120° apart and in signs of the same element (fire, earth, air, or water.) The trine aspect creates ease because the planets support, harmonize, and have a smooth relationship with one another. Trines are experienced as talents and advantages that are often taken for granted. This means that a person may lack motivation and could be letting these talents and advantages slip by unnoticed.
- Venus trine Mars in birth charts indicates an individual who instinctively knows exactly how to appeal to others emotionally and physically. They are sexually exciting and gifted with good looks and strong creative talents. Mick Jagger, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Britney Spears, Jayne Mansfield, and Greta Garbo have Venus trine Mars in their birth charts.
- Individuals with moon trine Sun in their birth chart are generally at ease with themselves. These are friendly, happy people who can look forward to lucky life experiences, success, and admiration. Michael Moore, Timothy Leary, George Takei, Sheena Easton, and Tammy Wynette have moon trine sun in their birth charts.
Jupiter is considered a very fortunate planet since it always brings expansion into whichever area it appears in your chart. It's commonly believed that expansion is a positive action that brings other gifts that come in the shape of opportunities followed by success in specific endeavors. A positive aspect will amplify Jupiter's beneficial energies and be viewed as very lucky.
Luckiest Planets in Aspect
The trine is the most fortunate planetary aspect, and the planets Venus and Jupiter are the lesser and greater benefits. Venus trine Jupiter, a birth chart, is one of the luckiest planetary aspects in astrology. Even when a chart is otherwise challenging, Venus trine Jupiter will lessen the hardships and bring love and joy into life. Venus rules money, and Jupiter rules wealth, so financial benefits are often seen when a person has Venus trine Jupiter. Willie Nelson, Elizabeth Taylor, Giorgio Armani, and Tobey Maguire have Venus trine Jupiter in their birth charts.
Lucky Astrology Placements
- Jupiter in the second house is often lucky in matters of money, wealth, and personal possessions.
- Jupiter in the eighth house is likely to inherit money.
- Jupiter in the twelfth house is said to have a lucky angel sitting on their shoulder.
- Uranus sextile or trine Jupiter or Venus can indicate sudden strokes of luck and unexpected windfalls.
- Pluto sextile or trine Venus or Jupiter can indicate great wealth.
- Venus conjunct, sextile, or trine Jupiter can marry money.
- Saturn trine or sextile Venus can indicate stable finances.
The Luckiest Sign of the Zodiac
Sagittarius is considered the luckiest sign in the zodiac. It's ruled by Jupiter, which is regarded as the luckiest planet of all. Planets in Sagittarius, planets in Jupiter's house (the ninth house), the house where natal Jupiter resides, and the house with Sagittarius on the cusp are all considered lucky placements--unless there are other limiting factors.
Using Lucky Aspects to Your Benefit
There are many ways to use lucky aspects.
Lucky aspects are used in astrological synastry. For example, if you're having a relationship chart drawn for you and a lover, your individual aspects will be analyzed as well as the aspects between your two charts. For example, when Saturn in one person's chart is in a lucky aspect to Venus in the other person's birth chart, their love and commitment to one another are likely to be long lasting. And sun conjunct Jupiter is beneficial in any kind of relationship.
Luckiest Times of Your Life
Even if you have few or none of these lucky aspects in your birth chart, there are times in your life when you have the potential for luck due to transits and progressions. For example, Jupiter takes 12 years to circle your entire birth chart. During that time, it can bring a stroke of luck to each astrological house and forms lucky aspects to each planet and angle in your chart. For example, transiting Jupiter making a lucky aspect to your Venus is one of the most auspicious times for love, relationships, and marriage. It's also a time when you're likely to be fortunate in your finances. Even if you're not aware of it, opportunities for luck do come along during a Jupiter transit. If you want to take advantage of these opportunities, visit a professional astrologer so you'll be ready for these lucky times when they arrive.
Aspects and Your Overall Chart
Astrologers debate whether there are "lucky aspects." While lucky aspects show the potential for luck, most astrologers agree that a person is only truly lucky if there are some challenging square (90°) aspects in their birth chart. This challenging aspect provides the necessary drive to bring the potential for luck to fruition. Of course, then the challenging aspect should also be considered lucky.