Losing your grandmother is a heartbreaking experience. It can be extremely difficult to find the right words to express how you are feeling following the death of such an important person in your life. These quotes may provide you with the inspiration you need to talk about her and begin grieving your loss.
Short Rest in Peace Quotes for Grandma
There are many ways to share your desire for your departed grandmother to rest in peace. Consider these short but meaningful examples.
- Rest easy, sweet grandmother. You left the world better than you found it.
- Grandma, you were a force of nature and I love you fiercely. May you rest in peace.
- What an incredible life my grandmother lived. May she rest in peace.
- You have been a beacon of strength for our family for decades; may you rest in peace.
- You have taught us well; your work here is done. You have earned the right to rest in peace.
- It is our turn to shine your light on the rest of the world, so you may rest in peace.
- Our family lost a matriarch, but heaven gained an angel.
- She may be resting in peace, but she's still hard at work in my heart.
- My heart is heavy, but my soul is strong, for I know my grandma is at peace.
Tribute to Grandmother Quotes
Short quotes are lovely, but you might find you need more words in order to pay a meaningful tribute to your grandmother's life.
- My grandmother made me who I am today, and she will continue to influence the person I become tomorrow. Every day of my life, her legacy will live on through me.
- Everyone should be so fortunate to have an incredible role model like my grandmother. She was a shining example of love and integrity for our family. Her strength lives on in me and the rest of our family.
- When I reflect on all that my grandmother overcame in her life, I am awestruck by her unwavering love and strength. Being her grandchild is the greatest honor of my life. I am proud to call her grandma.
- What can you say about a woman whose heart held all the love in the universe and the strength of every army on earth? She was my rock, she was my soldier; I hope to become more and more like her as I grow older.
- If my grandmother loved you, you knew it. She loved hard; she loved fiercely, and she loved without reservation. Everyone should be so lucky to have the power of that kind of love as a legacy in their life.
- My grandmother never met a stranger, but she always put family first. Her values shaped my life and gave me the strength to weather any storm. I would let her down if I let grief break me. Instead, I will focus on making sure she lives on in me.
- Wisdom comes with age, my grandmother always said. Even when I was a know-it-all-kid, I always knew that my grandmother was a wise woman. I should be so lucky if I have half her wisdom. How fortunate I am to have known her.
- To have been loved by my grandmother is to know how it feels to be loved fiercely for all that you are, while also being held to the highest standards by someone who is certain that you can do anything.
- No one could listen like my grandma. No one could cook like my grandma. No one could love like my grandma. She was truly one-of-a-kind and lived a unique life. How did my family get so lucky to have her for all this time?
Missing Grandmother Quotes
It takes a long time to work through grief. You might find yourself needing words to express how much you miss your grandmother long after she has been laid to rest, especially around the anniversary of her death. These sayings may help you heal.
- I know she is with me in my heart, but I want her by my side. I miss my grandma.
- I know it was your time to go, but not having you here makes me sadder than you will ever know.
- Time passes too fast; decades go by in a flash. I wish with all my heart I could have her here for just one more day.
- Grandma, I would give anything for one more call, one more cuddle, one more late-night kitchen huddle.
- How is it possible that it hurts to think about the fact that grandma passed away, but hurts so much more to not think about her?
- There is a grandmother-sized hole in my heart that I don't think will ever heal.
- When I miss you, I close my eyes and remember what it felt like to be hugged by you.
More Ways to Express Grief for a Grandmother
Coping with the death of a grandparent can be very painful. As you move through the process of mourning, you may find it comforting to use quotes like the ones above as reflective writing prompts or as inspiration for writing poems about your grandmother. Writing about your love for her and how you feel about losing her can be a healthy way to help you heal.