- Special Education Teacher
- Michigan State University: Bachelor's Degree in Education: Learning Disabilities
- Michigan State University: Master's Degree in Education: Emotional Impairments/Behavior Disorders
Certifications and Awards
- Elementary K-5 All Subjects (K-8 Self Contained) Certificate State of Michigan
- Emotional Impairments (K-12 Special Edu) Certificate State of Michigan: Learning Disabilities (K-12 Special Edu) Certificate State of Michigan
Affiliations and Memberships
- National Association of Writers
An Unexpected Career Change
It was during those years at home, caring for four young daughters, that Kristin's writing career unexpectedly began. She started a humor/mom blog, chronicling her often messy journey through motherhood, to better connect herself to other parents. The blog did more than simply provide a creative and emotional outlet for Kristin. It led to her having work published across varying websites, including Her View From Home, Sammiches & Psych Meds, Red Tricycle, and countless others. Guest writer opportunities later led to freelance writing opportunities with Parent Co. and various Valnet channels, such as Babygaga.com, TheThings.com, and Screenrant.com. What started out as a passion and a way to connect all moms and dads in the trenches of parenthood evolved into an unexpectedly wonderful career path. That path has landed her here at Lovetoknow.com, a perfect place to mesh her vast knowledge of family, children, and education with her love of writing.
More About Kristin McCarthy
Kristin's first self-published work, A Writer's Badass Guide: Branding, Blogging, Social Media, which she co-wrote with Nathalie Laitmon, can be found on Amazon. She has also had work published in the hilarious compilation: We Need to Talk About the Conditions of My Imprisonment, also available on Amazon.