Show off the strength you see in store for your little girl with one of these fierce and fearless girl names that mean "warrior." From Aesira to Ziana, these strong girl names are all about bravery and feminine strength.
Strong Female Warrior Names
No matter what part of the world you are in, your culture is likely to have more than a few girl names that mean "warrior" or "strong." These choices might all come from different corners of the earth, but they all share the commonality of containing meanings that are equal parts strong and stunning. Arm your girl with a female name that means warrior or highlights the coveted trait of strength, and watch her rule the world with her tiny fist.
- Adira - This simple and lovely Hebrew name means "strong."
- Ailith - A beautiful Old English option, this name means "warrior."
- Alessia - This lovely Italian name means "defending warrior."
- Aloisa - A German name for "renowned warrior." This is a beautiful and classic choice.
- Alvara - Another pretty name from Italy that means "magical elf warrior."
- Audelia - A gorgeous English option meaning "strength and nobility."
- Audrey - This French name means "noble strength."
- Avyanna - American name meaning "strong and beautiful."
- Bellatrix - This strong Latin name means "female warrior."
- Breanna - This powerful Irish name means "strength."
- Bridget - A Gaelic name for girls, meaning "strength."
- Dina - Scottish name meaning "sea warrior."
- Ebba - This German name means "girl with animal strength."
- Jaiyana - This Arabic name means "strength."
- Keren - A Hebrew name meaning "strong and powerful."
- Lenna - This powerful German name means "lioness strength."
- Maia - This Maori name means "brave warrior."
- Maliha - This Islamic name means "beauty and strength."
- Malou - This unique French name means "bitter, famous warrior."
- Marcheline - This gorgeous French name translates as "warrior."
- Moxie - An American name meaning "boldness and strength of character."
- Valentina - This Latin name means "strength and vigor."
Girl Names With Battle Meanings
Life is full of battles to be fought and won. You can express confidence in your little girl's strength, no matter the future battles she may face, with one of these brave names.
- Bathilda - This Norse name means "battle."
- Brunhilda - Another Norse option that means "armed for battle."
- Casey - This American name means "brave in battle."
- Clotilda - This unique German name translates to "battle famous."
- Edwige - A French name meaning "war." This is a unique option for parents looking at rare and less familiar names.
- Gesine - This German girl's name means "strong spear."
- Gertrude - A German option meaning "spear of strength."
- Griselda - This old-fashioned German name means "grey battle."
- Gudrun - This Scandinavian name has a strong sound and means "battle."
- Gunilla - This Swedish name means "battle maiden."
- Hereswith - A beautiful and unique English name meaning "army strength."
- Imelda - An Italian option meaning "all-consuming fight."
- Kelly - An ancient Irish surname meaning "war."
- Marcella - This Italian name means "war-like."
- Marcia - Polish name also meaning "war-like."
- Marciana - An ancient Latin version of "Marcia." This beautiful name also means "war-like."
- Martina - Another "war-like" name hailing from Spain.
- Mathilda - A classic German name meaning "battle-mighty."
- Maude - Another German name meaning "mighty in battle."
- Odile - This French name means "prospers in battle."
- Shamara - An Arabic name meaning "ready for battle."
- Sigrid - Scandinavian name meaning "beautiful victory."
- Valda - This strong German name for girls means "battle heroine."
- Wyetta - The feminine English name means "war-strength."
Girl Names That Mean Brave and Courageous
May your daughter grow to be brave regardless of the obstacles she might face, and may she act with courage amid all challenges. Both are qualities parents all over the world hope their little ladies will someday harness.
- Amandla - This strong African name means "powerful, brave woman."
- Andrea - This lovely Greek classic name for girls means "brave defender of men."
- Anoud - An Arabic name for girls meaning "brave and courageous."
- Bern - This simple French name for girls means "brave."
- Charlisa - This pretty German name means "brave woman."
- Drea - Greek name meaning "courageous."
- Dhriti - An Indian name meaning "courage."
- Elfrida - A rare English name for girls meaning "power of the elves."
- Gala - A beautiful Hebrew girl's name that means "happy and brave."
- Gerarda - This rare English name means "brave woman with a spear."
- Gi - This pretty Korean name means "brave one."
- Keena - A lovely Irish name meaning "brave girl."
- Luria - This English name means "brave lioness."
- Nadezhda - German name meaning "courage of a bear."
- Ondrea - Slovakian name meaning "courageous."
- Rilea - An Irish name for girls meaning "valiant woman."
- Valerie - This classic French name means "brave woman."
- Yashica - This Hindu name for girls means "brave, smart, and successful."
- Yong - Korean name meaning "courage."
- Ziana - This unique Malayalam name means "bold and brave."
Fearless Girl Names for Fighters
Maybe she has fought her way to make it safely to your arms, or you simply know she will be born with a fighting spirit. Whatever the case, fearless female fighter names are excellent options for parents to think about. These girl names that mean fighter will undoubtedly give your baby a leg up when it comes to strength, fearlessness, and tenacity.
- Aesira - This Islamic name for girls means "brave, powerful fighter."
- Binsa - Hindu name meaning "fearless."
- Emine - Islam name meaning "fearless."
- Evin - English name meaning "young fighter."
- Imelda - Latin name meaning "powerful fighter."
- Juliane - Hindu name meaning "young and fearless."
- Leontios - Greek name that means "fearless."
- Louisa - A German name meaning "renowned warrior" or "fights with honor." This is a traditional and strong option.
- Nyathera - African name meaning "she survived." Perfect for a fighting female who has already beaten some odds.
- Thyra - Norse name meaning "Thor's fight."
- Truda - German name meaning "fighting woman."
- Zelda - This German name means "grey fighting maiden."
- Zoe - Popular name of Greek origin meaning "fighter"
Female Warrior Names for Games
These names of princess and queen warriors work for baby names as well as for characters in all sorts of games and settings.
- Artemisia - Warrior queen of Caria in Asia Minor
- Aud - Viking warrior princess
- Boudicca - Powerful warrior queen of the Icini tribe in Britain
- Cleopatra - Greek name meaning "glory of the father," Famous Egyptian queen and warrior
- Lozenv - Apache warrior princess
- Yennenga - Princess who lived during the 12th century in present-day Ghana and trained as a warrior
- Zenobia - Warrior queen of the Palmyrene Empire
Look to Mythology for Fearless Female Warrior Names
If you need even more options for girl names that evoke the fighting spirit of a warrior, consider mythological girl names like "Alcmene," meaning "moon strength, " or "Athena," meaning "goddess of wisdom and warfare." Myths and legends from around the world are excellent sources of unique names for strong baby girls. Your daughter's name is something she will carry with her always, so be fearless and confident in your choice!