Many of us tell our kids to treat others the way they want to be treated, but sometimes they might need little reminders about how powerful their words and actions can be. Like squeezing a tube of toothpaste, once we say something, we can never really put it back — so it can be helpful to encourage kids to say words that are kind, compassionate, and make the world a better place.
These kindness quotes for kids are an easy way to remind kids to be kind and to be the kind of friend they want to have.
"Be the Kind Kid" Quotes
As a kid, popularity is hard to resist, and it sometimes leads us down the wrong path. These "be the kind kid" quotes can help to nudge your children to choose compassion over approval and to become a leader amongst their peers.
- Only judge a person's soul. If they are kind, then nothing else matters.
- You only have one life to live, so make every day count.
- Kindness is contagious. If you want to receive it, then you must give it first.
- The only person whose opinion matters is the person that is looking back at you in the mirror.
- If you want to know the secret to being happy, it is giving kindness.
- People never forget kindness. Share the gift that lasts a lifetime.
- Be a friend to those who have none. Who knows ... they may become your very best one!
- Be kind to those who are mean. Make a dent in their broken hearts and help them to feel truly seen.
- Kindness is free to give, so hand it out like candy on Halloween.
- Try to share kindness every day. It only takes a moment to make a difference.
Short Kindness Quotes for Kids
As all parents know, children's attention spans are limited. This means that you might need to choose kindness quotes for kids that get straight to the point! Don't worry — we have you covered.
- It is beautiful to be kind.
- Kindness benefits all.
- The secret to happiness is kindness.
- Find joy in the happiness of others.
- There is no such thing as being too kind.
- Kindness heals wounds we cannot see.
- Kind is the coolest thing a person can be.
- Change the world with one act of kindness at a time.
- Heroes don't wear capes — they wear smiles.
Showing kindness lets others know that they are not alone.
Inspiring Quotes About Being Kind for Kids
Every morning I tell my kids, "You are loved. You are cherished. You are special." What I now plan to add is "Make someone else feel the same way, too." If we want to inspire our kids to be loving and caring people, then we need to remind them of how important they are in this world. These kindness quotes for kids can help them to see their value and how they can share it with others.
- Never be afraid to give away your smile.
- Be brave enough to be kind, even when others are not.
- Small doses of kindness can make another person whole again.
- Always try to be the hand that helps someone up.
- Sharing isn't limited to items. Give a compliment, offer a smile, and deliver a joke.
- Your heart is your most powerful tool for making a difference in this world.
- Never be afraid to stand up for what is right.
- Paint the world with your kindness and revel in the joy that it brings.
- Strive to share your happiness every day.
- The reason why there are so few superheroes is because most people aren't brave enough to put themselves second.
If you want to give your kids a subtle reminder to show empathy towards others, leave them notes in their lunchbox or lunch bag that contain kindness quotes for kids. These short words can have a long impact and can even inspire them to make someone else feel important.
Meaningful Kindness Quotes for Kids
Everyone in this world matters. Remind your kids that kindness can solve more problems than we may ever know. These kindness quotes for children are a good reminder of the greatness that giving can have on a person's life.
- Be the friend that everyone needs.
- Kind words and actions can change someone's life. Be THAT change.
- Kindness is the ultimate act of charity. Never be afraid to give.
- Be the reason that someone feels joy today.
- In a world of cats, be a dog. Be the ultimate best friend to everyone.
- Make the world a warmer place and share kindness.
- Sometimes showing kindness can inspire others to do the same. Help push your peers to be purposeful.
- Your presence is far more important than presents. Share your soul and bring some joy.
- The opportunity for kindness is always there. Seize the day, every day.
- The most honorable people are those who put others' happiness first.
Children's Book Quotes About Kindness
Most kids love getting lost in literature. These imaginary worlds are so extraordinary, which makes them the perfect source of inspiration! These children's book quotes about kindness will not only remind them about the importance of being considerate and generous, but they will also take you back in time and help you to do the same.
- "A kindness is never wasted." - Æsop's Fables, "The Lion & The Mouse", Aesop
"'Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don’t deserve it. I’ve never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.'" - Charlotte's Web, E. B. White
- "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, J. K. Rowling
- "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye." - The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand." - The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams
- "A person’s a person, no matter how small.” - Horton Hears a Who, Dr. Seuss
- "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." - Winnie the Pooh, A. A. Milne
Teach Your Kids to Spread Kindness Every Day
Children are like sponges, capable of learning anything. Lead by example and show them how to be kind. Kindness quotes for kids are a simple way to keep compassion and empathy at the forefront of their minds and even open up doors for conversations about what it means to pay it forward. Let's help to make the world a better place by teaching our kids how to be caring human beings!