Next time you awake to the sound of raindrops hitting your window, don't retreat back under the covers. Throw those sheets back and look forward to the cleansing rain and allow it to get you through the dreary day. Rain is cause for celebrating and nothing more!
Inspiring Rain Quotes to Help You Through Tough Times
Hard times happen. They are just a part of life, not a pleasant one, but a part nonetheless. When the bad times descend upon you, look to the rain to inspire you, motivate you, and wash away those troubles. The rainy days are what you make of them, so choose to view them as nothing but good!
- A guarantee of rain always comes with a promise of sun, in weather and in life.
- Rain reminds us that we cannot stop what can't be stopped. The world will turn, the seasons change, the rain falls, and life goes on.
- Wash away the fears and anxieties as the rain washes away the dust dirt. All can become new again, just like that.
- Rain promotes growth. Flowers grow from it, as does your soul.
- You can dread the rain, or you can love it. The choice is yours. Learn to look forward to things you used to dread. See them differently.
- Rain reminds you to get out there and get wet.
- As the rain fell all around me, it whispered, "And this too shall pass."
- The sun will come out; it will dry the rain and dry your tears.
- Rain serves as a quiet reminder to take a minute and take care of yourself. Drink tea, read a book, curl up for a nap. Do things that only rain seems to encourage.
- Everyone wants to be a ball of sunshine. I want to be a rainstorm, fierce, consuming, unable to be ignored.
Famous Quotes Inspired by Rainfall
These famous quotes are all about a love of the rain, a connection to it, and a feeling of peace that washes over you when the skies open wide.
- "I have always considered the rain to be healing-a blanket-the comfort of a friend." - Douglas Coupland.
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton
"Let the rain kiss you, Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops, Let the rain sing you a lullaby." - Langston Hughes
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass…It's about learning to dance in the rain." - Vivian Greene
"Rain is grace; rain is the sky condescending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life." - John Updike
"Rain showers my spirit and waters my soul."- Emily Logan Decens.
"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain."- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
"I am like the rain: I go where I'm needed."- Alejandro Jodorowsky.
"Being soaked alone is cold. Being soaked with your best friend is an adventure." - Emily Wing Smith
Quotes About the Sound of Rain
Listening to water tumble from the sky is enchanting and mesmerizing. It will relax your senses and lull you to sleep like nothing else in this world can. These quotes about the sounds of rain remind you that rain is nothing to be sad about and everything to look forward to.
- In the early morning hours, you hear the rain beating against the window, and you know it is the perfect day to stay warm indoors.
- Nature is full of secrets, and the rain is always trying to tell you something, so listen.
- Rain, what a beautiful song for which we are fortunate enough to hear.
- Be still and listen to the story that the rain is trying to tell.
- Falling asleep to a warm rain is a true gift.
- Like fingers on a piano, rain tickles the world, creating song and wonder.
- The rain, the thunder, the wind. They all create the most intense performance in nature.
Short Rain Quotes
Short quotes about rain soothe the soul and give a sense of peace to those in need of it. The power and beauty of rain speak for itself, and sometimes a few simple words are all you need to describe the hope and renewal that comes with a good rainfall.
- After the storms come the rainbows of life.
- Rain reminds all things to grow.
- There is no better smell than earth after a heavy rain.
- Rain is cold because it reminds you to go cuddle someone.
- There is so much beauty in the force of a storm.
- Two things you can count on: Rain falling and the sun coming back out.
- Nothing else in nature is as intoxicating as a stormy sky.
- When it rains, the world pays attention. Be the rain.
Cute and Funny Quotes About the Beauty of Rain
These cute quotes about rain will bring a smile to anyone's face. They are like a rainbow after a storm, packed with beauty, joy, and hope for better times.
- Never forget, puddles are for playing in.
- Look for people who smile in a storm and never let them go.
- If you haven't run through a summer rain, then you haven't really lived yet.
- When life gives you rain, pair with a cute set of boots.
- Rain, rain go away, but first, a book and a cup of tea!
- Your parade can't be rained on if you have the right mindset and a cute umbrella.
- Find someone to walk through the rain with. That's your person.
- The sun calls you to play, but it is the rain that beckons you to party.
Quotes About Dancing in the Rain
Something about dancing in the rain awakens the spirit and fills a person with life. These quotes are all about the freedom that dancing in the rain brings about.
- Don't shy away from the storms, dance in them.
- Dance in the rain. Twirl, and lift your face to the crying skies. This is real freedom.
- A good friend will hold your umbrella. A best friend will toss it down and dance in the rain with you.
- If someone looks at you sideways for dancing in the rain, dance harder.
- If you need to feel alive, dance in the rain.
- Step into the rain and spin until you're dizzy. Dizzy with joy, dizzy with hope, and dizzy with energy.
Rain Quotes That Harness Happiness
Oftentimes people associate rain with sadness, but that doesn't have to be the case. Rain can signal joy and new beginnings. It can remind you that you always have the power to start fresh and choose happiness.
- Choose to smile into the rain and let your heart be joyous.
- The rain doesn't ruin plans; it creates unexpected adventures.
- If rain makes you sad, then you aren't truly paying enough attention to it.
- When it rains, nature cries for you, so you don't have to be sad.
- Rain isn't sadness. It simply means the earth laughed so hard it cried.
- Those who laugh in the rain are not irrational. They just get it.
Rain Quotes That Remind You to Start Again
You only get one life to live, so live that life to the fullest. Let rain be a reminder that all washes clean, and when the sun comes, you have the ability to start new again.
- It won't be dark forever. The rain will stop falling, the skies will brighten, and you'll start again.
- Let the rain wash your messes away, leaving you with a clean slate.
- Rain isn't here to bring sadness. It is here to bring a later promise of sun, newness, and hope.
- Allow your soul to be joyous amidst a storm. For it tells us rebirth is coming.
- Nothing says it is time to start anew like the rain.
- Rain doesn't only fall on you. It singles no one out. We are all existing under the same cloud and will all emerge on the other side.
- You can focus on the storm or focus on the rainbow. The choice is always yours.
- Rain reminds us that there is hope and beauty in everything if we are wise enough to look for it.
Song Lyric Quotes Dedicated to Rain
There is something about rain in a song that captures such raw emotion. These lyric lines are notable for both the feeling they evoke and their rain references.
- "I've seen fire and I've seen rain. I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end." - James Taylor, Fire and Rain
- "Here comes the rain again. Falling on my head like a memory." - The Eurythmics, Here Comes the Rain Again
- "I'm singin' in the rain, just singin' in the rain. What a glorious feeling I'm happy again."- Buddy Holly, Singing in the Rain
- "She's my kind of rain. Like love in a drunken sky. She's confetti falling down all night." - Tim McGraw, She's My Kind of Rain
- "But I set fire to the rain. Watched it pour as I touched your face." - Adele, Set Fire to the Rain
- "Buckets of rain. Buckets of tears. Got all them buckets comin' out of my ears." - Bob Dylan, Buckets of Rain
- "Pray that it's raining on Sunday. Storming like crazy. We'll hide under the covers all afternoon." - Keith Urban, Raining on Sunday
Embrace Rain Just as You Embrace the Sun
The warm rays of the sun are easy to look forward to. Rain can be just as inviting if you view it positively. Embrace the storms just as much as you embrace the warm day. Both make up this crazy thing we call life.