Getting to know someone better doesn't have to be filled with a long list of the standard, boring questions, seeing as the closer you get to someone, the juicier the answers become. Fun questions for couples can keep both of you laughing and engaged with one another, but they can also be surprisingly revealing. While the perfect questions to ask your partner will change from the first few weeks in the relationship to years down the road, making sure you prioritize keeping up to date with their silliest thoughts is a wonderful way to stay connected. An easy way to entertain yourself on late nights, long drives, and those +1 parties you're constantly being invited to is asking each other some fun relationship questions.
Looking for an interesting at-home date night idea or feeling a little competitive? Up the ante by making them into a fun quiz - or play a full-out game like 21 questions for couples. Cute and creative questions are perfect for getting a little flirty with your girlfriend or boyfriend, while the weird and funny ones will show a whole other side of your partner. Whether you like to get into heated debates over your answers to a few fun This or That questions or love to banter back and forth in your own version of a couples question game, this treasure trove of queries made to entertain couples will ensure that your conversations go all night long, no matter what stage of a relationship you're in.
Fun Couples Questions to Ask Each Other When Dating
Whether it's your first date or your thirtieth, you can always use fun get to know you questions for couples to learn more about someone. No matter how well you think you know your partner, there are still new questions to ask them that'll unlock some hidden facet of their past that you've never heard before. In fact, sometimes the best conversations stem from the simplest fun dating questions. While some get to know you questions are more serious, if you want to keep things light or aren't ready to focus on intimate questions, try fun topics like these and let the conversation roll from there. You can even make this into a fun texting game for couples!
- If you had one day left to live, what would you do?
- Where would you most like to go on vacation?
- What would you do if you won $10,000?
- What is the craziest dream you've ever had?
- If you could trade lives with someone, who would it be?
- What's one thing no one knows about you?
- Would you rather go for a hot air balloon ride or bungee jump?
- What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?
- If you could ask me anything and have me answer truthfully, what would it be?
- What keeps you up at night? Or do you go to bed at a reasonable time and go right to sleep with no problems?
- Do you leave your closet doors open or keep them closed when you go to sleep?
- What's your favorite thing to take from a hotel room (shampoos, towels, etc.)?
- What's one interesting ritual you find yourself doing unconsciously?
- What's your go-to dance move?
- If you have to bury treasure, where would you hide it?
If you're itching to see how well your boyfriend, girlfriend, or life partner knows you, you can also make any of the fun relationship questions on this page into a couples question game with a simple twist. Instead of having you and your partner put down your own answers, guess what the other person might put. Then share and reveal. Once you quiz each other on the answers, it's sure to lead to interesting (and potentially funny) conversations.
Fun Questions for Couples to Reflect On
Whether you've been together for two months or 22 years, you've probably amassed enough inside jokes, traveling faux pas, and sentimental memories to fill the pages of a bestselling memoir. If you want to check back in with your partner and see if your tally of your shared time together matches with theirs, break out the romantic nicknames and ask each other these fun questions for couples like you and your beau to look back on your life together:
- What place haven't we visited yet that needs to be on the top of our list?
- What restaurant are you tired of us going to?
- Which area of the house/apartment should we remodel first?
- What's your favorite photo of us?
- If we could move anywhere, where would you want to live?
- What's been your favorite birthday present you've gotten from me so far?
- What's your favorite date we've been on?
- What's the first word that comes to mind when you think about our relationship?
- What's the biggest mistake we made early in our relationship?
- What's the best vacation we've been on so far?
- What's the most embarrassing miscommunication moment we've had?
Random Questions for Couples in Any Relationship
If you've ever sat at a bar surrounded by regulars, you know that people love talking about themselves and sharing little tidbits that make them feel unique. Funny get to know you questions don't have to be just for your dating days; they can also be for long-term couples looking to spice up their conversations. Ask your partner any one of these random questions for couples, then sit back and listen to what weird and wacky responses come out of their mouths. Just remember, that when the tables are turned, you might have some equally zany questions coming your way.
- What song can always make you dance, especially when no one's around?
- Do you sing in the shower?
- Do you have any odd quirks?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
- Do you read your horoscope? Do you do it for fun or do you take it seriously?
- Do you consider yourself an old soul?
- How do you feel about crowds of people?
- Do you hold grudges or forgive easily?
- Do you like when people give you gifts, or does it make you feel awkward?
- If you had to wear one outfit from head to toe every day for a year, what would it be? (You could have more than one of each item so you could wash them and they wouldn't wear out before the year was done, but you'd have to look the same every day.)
21 Questions Game for Couples to Play or Joke Over
Whether it's 10, 20, or 50 of them, playing a game of 20 questions with the person you love can give you a peek into their brain's hilarious inner workings. Learn about how they'd plan a bank heist or about what their secret talents are with a quick 21 questions relationship game. The more out-there the questions are, the more creative and entertaining the responses you'll hear. Take these 21 queries, for example; these couples trivia questions are sure to launch some banter the two of you will never forget. Some of them touch on aspects of your relationship, while others dig into funny personal preferences, so they're perfect questions for new couples as well as those who have been married for decades.
- If we had to keep our house decorated for any holiday year-round, which would you pick?
- If one thing had to go wrong on your honeymoon, what would you want it to be?
- What's the most embarrassing thing your parents have found on your phone?
- If you could be in the Guinness Book of World Records for one specialty, what would it be?
- Have you ever changed your plans because of that week's horoscope?
- What embarrassing musician/band will you stand by for life?
- If you have to do one convincing impression of a famous person to win $10,000, who would it be?
- Have you ever laughed so hard, you peed yourself?
- What '90s Nickelodeon game show would you want to be a contestant on?
- If you were a currency from around the world, which one would you like to be?
- What urban legend is your favorite?
- If you like horror movies, which are your top 3 favorite horror movie villains?
- What classic sitcom would you love to be a cast member on?
- Have you had any supernatural experiences, and if so what was the scariest one?
- Which flavor is superior: pumpkin spice or peppermint?
- If you could purchase any collectible - no matter the price - what would you buy?
- If you taught a university course, what would the class' title be?
- If you could win any award in the world (ex. Nobel Prize, Field's Medal, Academy Award, Pulitzer Prize etc.), which one would it be?
- If you could bring back one discontinued food product, what would it be?
- What drink order do you think's overrated?
- If you could turn into one mythical creature, what would it be?
Creative Questions to Ask Your Boyfriend or Girlfriend
From high femme to stone butch, every girlfriend loves being the center of their partner's attention, and even the most subdued boyfriends clamor for their partner's attention and affection. Show your partner the attentiveness they deserve when you try these fun questions to ask your boyfriend or girlfriend. Showing them you're still interested doesn't have to come in the form of gifts or adventures; sometimes, connecting with your partner can be as simple as asking them a few weird, silly, or unique questions. Drag the answers from your significant other by using these hilarious and creative questions for couples:
- If I were writing a list of "questions to ask my partner," what should the first question be?
- What's the earliest time you remember lying to your parents, and what did you say?
- If you were to enter an eating contest, what food would be your #1 pick?
- What underwater creature scares you the most?
- If you were a gemstone, which one would you like to be?
- What reality show were you obsessed with as a tween?
- Have you ever dyed your hair in reaction to a crazy time in your life, and if so, what color did you dye it?
- What social media site do you get the majority of your news from?
- Which Barbie animated movie is the best one, and why?
- What weird smell do most people hate, but you love?
- Did you ever pull any pranks in school, and if so, what were they?
- What was the coolest name you came up with for one of your childhood stuffed animals?
- If you could redesign Mount Rushmore with any four faces, who would you choose?
- If you could have any pet (regardless of exotic animal ownership laws), which one would you choose?
- What's one word that you can't spell right no matter how many times you look it up?
Potentially Embarrassing Funny Questions for Couples
There's an age-old rule that once you're comfortable farting in front of your partner, you know that you're in it for the long haul. After you've passed this milestone, it's time to break out the weird and potentially embarrassing questions, just to see what answers your girlfriend or boyfriend can come up with. But, before you launch into funny questions for couples that could lead to some embarrassing answers, gauge how your partner's feeling, and make sure they're game for revealing their secrets. If you're relaxed together, feel free to ask these questions and share a few good laughs, but don't forget that you have to take your own turn in the hot seat, too.
- What's your most embarrassing moment?
- What's the one embarrassing memory you replay over and over again in your head?
- What's something you did as a child your parents don't know about?
- What do you think is the dumbest thing you've ever done?
- Is there a silly accomplishment you've made that you're secretly proud of?
- What's a silly habit you have now that you don't tell a lot of people about?
- What's the weirdest thing you have a strong sentimental attachment to (and that you'd never throw away)?
Get to Know You Questions for Couples: Pop Culture Edition
From pop culture moments and viral videos to old film favorites and streaming subscriptions, learning about a person's media preferences can give you a ton of insight into who they are early in a relationship. During the first couple of dates, fun questions for couples like these may feel more comfortable than some other types.
- If you could pick any character from a TV show and pair them with any character from a book for a whole new story, who would you put together?
- What apps are you obsessed with?
- If you ever went viral, what would it be for?
- Which streaming platforms do you subscribe to?
- If you were only allowed to watch one streaming platform for the rest of your life, which one would it be?
- Is there a show you used to watch as a kid that you'd love to see come back?
- Which movie do you most regret wasting two hours of your life on?
- If you could meet any band, past or present, which one would it be?
- What's a trendy word or phrase people use that you just can't stand?
- What's one Y2K fashion trend that's coming back that you'd rather stay dead?
Try a Funny Couples Quiz or Couples Question Games
Asking cute couples questions can be loads of fun, but there's nothing wrong with maximizing your good-natured competitive spirit. While any of these relationship question collections can be transformed into a funny quiz by trying to guess your partner's answer to the question and then keeping score with how many each of you get right, games like This or That Questions or trivia quizzes are tailor-made for some delightful one-on-one battling. Perfect for when you're starting a long road trip or hitting a lull between the seasons of your favorite tv shows, putting each other to the test can be a great solution for staying connected in a playful way, and these are a few fun and interesting question games for couples you'll want to play right away.
Couples Trivia Questions to Find Out Their Favorites
Asking someone what their favorite things are can give you a lot of information in a short amount of time, and it usually won't feel like you're prying (especially if you're both answering the questions) or that you're taking a couples questionnaire. These couples game questions are perfect for when you've only been dating for a couple of weeks, and there's still so much that you haven't learned about each other yet. So, take the time to quiz your new partner about their favorite things in the world using these quick trivia questions:
- Who's your favorite movie star?
- What's your favorite kind of food?
- What's your favorite outdoor activity?
- What's your favorite book?
- What's your favorite time of day and why?
- Who's your favorite superhero?
- What's your favorite color?
- What's your favorite season?
- What's your favorite restaurant?
- What's your favorite sport to watch? To play?
- What is your favorite thing to write or draw with?
- What's your favorite board game?
- What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What's your favorite time of the day?
Fun This or That Questions for Couples
These cute couples questions ask what your partner prefers between two options. Even easy questions like "chocolate or vanilla" can become romantic conversation starters that prompt deeper discussions. Rile your girlfriend or boyfriend up by challenging them with two impossible choices between things like their favorite band members, childhood book series, and so much more. These fun This or That questions for couples are perfect to elicit a few gut-busting laughs at the dinners at fancy restaurants and the rainy days you spend lounging in pajamas.
- Sleep in or rise early?
- Read a book or watch TV?
- Strength workout or cardio?
- Ocean or lake?
- Winter or summer?
- Hang gliding or skydiving?
- Slacklining over a cliff or swimming with sharks?
- Losing your wedding ring or losing your social security card?
- Tripping on stage or ripping your pants at graduation?
- Be attacked by grizzly bears or swarmed by a hornet's nest?
- Give up music or television for a month?
More Question Games for Couples
Keep the fun going with more question games for couples. Questions to ask your boyfriend, girlfriend, or significant other can reveal a ton about their personalities, whether by the sheer volume of the things you ask or by playing relationship question games that offer up the weird, unique, and random offerings that force your partner to venture outside their comfort zone. So the more you ask, the more you'll learn - and the more fun you'll have together.
- Would You Rather Questions for Couples: Browse this list of 150 Would You Rather questions done in a relationship edition. The questions, ranging from flirty to romantic, make a great question game for any couple.
- 80+ Road Trip Questions for Couples: Whether you're heading out for a weekend getaway or traveling across the country, there's plenty of time to kill. Use these road trip questions to make a game out of your travel experience and get to know each other better.
- Dating Game Questions: Inspired by the popular 1960s television show, turn any evening into your own version of The Dating Game with this arsenal of fun questions for couples to ask one another.
- Romantic Couples Games: Find question games, apps, and more romantic game ideas that go beyond questions, all free.
- Wine Trivia Questions: Are you and your sweetheart wine lovers? Break out a great bottle of wine and grab this printable list of wine trivia to see how much of a sommelier you really are.
- Truth or Dare: Wax nostalgic with a round of truth or dare with your partner. These clean and family-friendly Truth or Dare questions are perfect for anyone, whether you're newly dating or have been in a long-term relationship.
Keep Your Partner on Their Toes
Obviously, different questions are most appropriate at different stages of your relationship. But, you can use funny questions to get to know someone for the first time or down the road at any time or place. From cute question games to play with your boyfriend or girlfriend when you're first dating to interesting questions for couples who have been together for decades, there's something for every level. As always, though, you should use your judgment when it comes to asking fun couples questions so that each one you toss out will be met with an incredible response. Questions like these - or a few selections from a list of 100+ random yes or no questions - are great to keep on hand when you need a little inspiration to get you started.