Need some good conversation starters to use with friends and family? Play a game of asking fun Yes or No questions to inspire more interesting (and hilarious) topics of discussion. You'll learn things about each other that might not come up in everyday chit-chat. Questions like these give others the opportunity to share their experiences, beliefs, and outlooks on life. Whether you're looking for funny or more serious questions, choose from over 100 of the best Yes or No questions to ask at the dinner table or when hanging out with your pals.
Ask simple or random questions as icebreakers, or get to know your close friends even better with tricky or juicy, or even embarrassing ones. There are no wrong answers; just like with other classic question games like Truth or Dare, with some good Yes or No questions there's nothing but fun.
Funny Yes or No Questions
Ask funny Yes or No questions to hear some hilarious stories from your friends and family. Or, you might learn about some of their weird quirks and talents, like wiggling their eyebrows or sleepwalking. Funny questions are some of the best when it comes to getting to know people or just having fun; sometimes the deceptively simple questions reveal more than you realize! The fact that it keeps everyone laughing makes it a prime choice to add to your list of fun activities for any teen. Make sure you share your answers, too, to keep it fair and playful.
- Have you ever pulled off an elaborate prank?
- Do you have any unusual obsessions or hobbies?
- Have you ever had gas at an inopportune moment?
- Have you ever gone TPing?
- Have you ever sleepwalked?
- Can you wiggle your eyebrows?
- Have you ever participated in a food-eating contest?
- Can you sneeze with your eyes open?
- Are you really a good driver?
- Have you ever been so tired you felt delirious?
- Would you eat a worm if you were dared?
- Can you curl your tongue?
- Have you ever laughed so hard, you peed your pants?
- Do you always laugh at your own jokes?
- Have you ever been mad at someone because of a dream you had?
- Do you like to sing loudly when you're by yourself?
- Are you gullible?
- Have you ever been startled by an inanimate object?
- Can you make yourself burp?
- Have you ever lied to a teacher about why you didn't finish an assignment?
Random Yes or No Questions
Random Yes or No questions are a fun way to pass the time and get some laughs. Whether sitting around the dinner table with family or hanging by the pool with your best pal, these questions are fun to ask anybody. Sometimes it's the offbeat or arbitrary questions that get the people talking. Start with these and be inspired to come up with your own weird or unexpected questions to challenge your friends and family.
- Do you like sharing food?
- Do you tell your pets everything?
- Do you talk in your sleep?
- Would you ever want to be famous?
- Do you know how to swim?
- Are you afraid of spiders?
- Have you ever stayed up all night long?
- Do you know how to play poker?
- Have you ever been on TV?
- Do you floss daily?
- Have you ever been skiing?
- Do you like the Kardashians?
- Can you name any constellations?
- Do you like running?
- Can you speak in Pig Latin?
- Are you a good cook?
- Have you ever gone viral?
- Can you moonwalk?
- Have you ever won a contest?
- Can you name every U.S. state capital?
Juicy and Embarrassing Yes or No Questions to Ask Friends
Get the scoop by asking some of these juicier Yes or No questions to your friends. These go well with sleepovers or long road trips, when you and your friends will be in the mood to spill some tea. You might learn that your buddies have more dirt to dish than you realized!
- Do you have a crush on someone?
- Would you dance in public with no music for 10 minutes for $100?
- Have you ever gone a week without showering?
- Have you ever ghosted someone?
- Have you ever tripped and fallen in public?
- Have you ever started or shared a rumor?
- Have you ever been caught in a lie?
- Have you ever been asked out?
- Have you ever lied to your parents about something major?
- Is there anything you secretly nerd out about?
- Do you like to gossip?
- Have you ever told a crush that you liked them?
Simple Ice Breaker Yes or No Questions
Use these lighthearted ice breaker questions to get to know someone better. Perfect for group activities where not everybody knows each other, these won't be too difficult to answer yes or no to. Using Yes or No questions to get to know someone takes the pressure off, too. They don't have to share their life story if they're not ready to, but you can still get a better sense of who they are with a few simple questions in a fun game format.
- Have you traveled out of the country?
- Are you an extrovert?
- Do you like scary movies?
- Do you have a favorite restaurant?
- Do you ever do karaoke?
- Are you a morning person?
- Would you like to live in a big city?
- Do you like pineapple on pizza?
- Have you ever seen a live play?
- Do you like to read?
- Do you listen to music while you sleep?
- Do you play any instruments?
- Do you play any sports?
- Were you born in this state?
- Have you ever met anyone famous?
- Have you watched any good movies lately?
- Do you like thunderstorms?
- Are you a coffee drinker?
- Would you ever go skydiving?
- Do you have any hidden talents?
Tricky Yes or No Questions
Ask a Yes or No question that will make your friends and family think a little before they answer. While these aren't overly deep or serious, they still might be a little confusing or hard. They'll help improve brain power, keep things fun, and are likely to spark interesting conversations.
- Would you ever move to another country?
- Do you think you're funny?
- Do you like to cancel plans?
- Would you ever do a polar plunge?
- Do your friends know who your crush is?
- Could you run a marathon today without stopping for 1 million dollars?
- Are you a people person?
- Could you win an arm-wrestling tournament with your friends?
- Could you ever give up sweets for life?
- Would you date you?
- Would you live in your dream house if it meant you could never live anywhere else?
- Do you know what you want to be when you grow up?
- Are you usually the smartest person in the room?
- Would you go back in time if you could?
- Is there one movie you could watch every day?
- Do you like your job?
- Do you know why you were given your name?
- Is there something you can do better than most people?
- Do you want to have kids someday?
- Do you want to go to outer space?
- Have you ever failed a test?
- Have you ever snuck out of the house?
- Do you have any irrational fears?
- Have you ever gotten sick in public?
- Have you ever accidentally shared a secret?
- Have you had your first kiss?
- Have you done anything illegal?
- Have you ever been catfished?
Deep Yes or No Questions
If you're looking for something even more thought-provoking, try asking these deep Yes or No questions. Save these for when you're feeling really pensive. The person answering may learn things that they didn't know about themselves - even if that person is you.
- Have you experienced true love?
- Do you try to make every day count?
- Is there anything you've done that you wish you could take back?
- Do you believe in God?
- Does money equal power?
- Is there life after death?
- Are people inherently good?
- Do you believe in soul mates?
- Can you think of your earliest memory?
- Do you believe in fate?
- Is there life on other planets?
- Is greed the root of all evil?
- Do spirits walk among us?
- Do we do enough for the environment?
- Do you tell your loved ones you love them every day?
Different Ways to Play a Yes or No Questions Game
While just using a good list of Yes or No questions casually with friends or family is always fun, there are other ways to make it more of a game. Try these ideas to keep boredom at bay:
- Write some of your favorites down and add them to a jar to make it into a game where the person has to answer the question they drew.
- Print out the whole list and let everyone pick which question they'd like to ask.
- Consider combining the Yes or No questions with Would You Rather or Never Have I Ever questions to make it extra interesting.
- Use a timer with individuals or groups to make it more competitive and see how quickly players can get through a list of questions.
- For groups, divide people up equally and see which group can answer rapid-fire Yes or No questions first, or who can answer the most questions in a certain time period.
- Use the simple questions for an icebreaker youth group activity.
- You can also make it into a reverse game of Don't Say Yes or No. To play this way, simply make it a rule that the person can't say yes or no - they have to answer with specific details without saying the words yes or no. You can deduct points or award points to the other person or team if people accidentally say yes or no.
Discover Funny and Thought-Provoking Yes or No Questions
You may not always need a list of predetermined talking points when hanging out with friends and family, but a list of good Yes or No questions can be an easy and super fun way to change things up. From hilarious options that might just make everyone laugh out loud to basic questions to ask to help break the ice and get to know people, there's no limit to the way you can use random closed questions next time you're bored or get together with friends or family. No matter how you decide to use them, Yes or No questions are a simple way to add more fun and excitement to the conversation. If you're looking for more entertainment along the same lines, try some would you rather questions for teens to keep the fun going.