Whether you think of the winter solstice as a sacred time or simply want to note the shortest day of the year with a greeting, there are lots of ways to wish friends and family a happy winter solstice. Occurring on December 21st or 22nd in the Northern Hemisphere and June 21st or 22nd in the Southern Hemisphere, the winter solstice is the day with the fewest hours of daylight. From inspiring quotes to poetic sayings, let these examples light your way on the darkest day.
Happy Winter Solstice Greetings for Friends and Family
Wish friends and family a happy winter solstice with these quotes. You can add them to greeting cards or share them on social media.
- Here's to making the most of every moment on the shortest day of the year!
- On the longest night of the year, may you and yours find warmth and peace together.
- Here's to the peace of cozy winter evenings and ever-brighter days. Happy winter solstice!
- Happy winter solstice! Hoping your heart gets lighter as the days get brighter.
- Wishing you and yours a warm, bright, and happy winter solstice.
- Warm wishes for the winter solstice.
- Even the darkest night ends with a new dawn. Happy winter solstice.
- This is a time of awakenings and new beginnings. Happy winter solstice!
- Hoping your winter solstice is filled with warmth and joy.
- On the longest night of the year, I hope you are surrounded by coziness and love.
Spiritual Winter Solstice Sayings for a Blessed Holiday
As a religious holiday, the winter solstice is also known as Yule, and celebration of this day predates Christianity. While Druids, Romans, and Norsemen all celebrated the sacred nature of the solstice centuries ago, many modern Pagans and Wiccans still consider this an important religious holiday. These Pagan winter solstice quotes can help you share your best wishes with friends and family on this holiday.
- Wishing you blessings this yuletide and every day.
- This Yule, may you and yours enjoy the blessings of the season and the joy of rebirth.
- As the light is reborn this winter solstice, may your heart lift with the joy of new beginnings and nature's blessings.
- May you and your family enjoy a blessed Yule.
- The winter sun will get warmer every day. Feel the earth move and sense the new beginnings this yuletide.
- Wishing you a blessed solstice and the joy of light returning.
- On this dark night, a miracle happens and our beautiful earth moves just enough to bring the light back to us. Wishing you a blessed Yule.
Inspiring Winter Solstice Quotes About Light
The winter solstice is all about the way the light changes with the seasons. This is the moment when the longest night happens and the light begins to return. These inspiring winter solstice quotes can help you celebrate.
- It only gets lighter from here. Happy solstice!
- The winter solstice isn't a time of darkness but of new beginnings. Here's to brighter days.
- As winter begins, let the light return to our lives.
- With every moment of daylight we gain from here, let us feel renewed and at peace.
- From out of the cold and darkness, a new light and warmth are dawning. Happy winter solstice to you and yours.
- As the light returns this winter solstice, may you have the time to reflect in peace and joy.
- Embrace the long winter night and the slow return of light and life to the world.
- Winter darkness is a time of gathering strength. My your joy grow as steadily as the light that returns.
- You've waited through the darkest days and longest nights. It's your turn now to find yourself as the light returns.
- Welcome the light as it returns to our world.
Nature Winter Solstice Sayings
The way the light changes on the winter solstice is a reminder of how connected everything is in the natural world. These sayings can help you sum up that connection.
- This is the time of long tree shadows on snow and short days. As the light returns to the natural world, so too may it return to your home and heart.
- Be one with all the creatures who sense the light getting warmer and the days getting longer.
- All the new growth of spring begins in this moment when the light starts to return.
- In the depth of winter, all nature's creatures are waiting for the return of the light. Happy winter solstice.
- Let your heart emerge, as all the wild things do, with the return of the light.
- There is beauty in frost and darkness, just as there is loveliness in light and warmth. Embrace it all this winter solstice.
- All of nature's creatures know that the darkest night holds within it the promise of a new dawn.
Mark the Moment When the Light Returns
While these quotes are perfect for greeting cards and social media posts, they can also decorate an invitation to a winter party. The longest night of the year is a great time to enjoy a bonfire with friends, hang some winter solstice decorations, and try some warm and cozy cocktails. No matter how you celebrate, marking the moment when the light returns is a positive and fun way to enjoy winter.