We can all use a pep talk every now and then. Whether you're feeling down or could just use a little nudge, 'note-to-self' quotes are a great place to start. These positive and motivational phrases serve as much-needed reminders that you are worthy, loved, and absolutely crushing it at life. Note to self: read through the entire list (we promise it's worth it!).
Unless otherwise noted, all quotes are original and written by LoveToKnow staff.
Positive 'Note-to-Self' Quotes
Uplifting words can have a huge impact on mood and mindset, but more often than not, you're less likely to believe them if they're coming from another person versus coming from within you. That's why 'note-to-self' quotes are so powerful. They're messages from you to you that can act as reminders to reignite that fire of self-love and self-confidence. If you don't believe us when we say how incredible you are, maybe you'll believe yourself.
- You are doing a great job.
- You are loved, you are cherished, and you are special.
- You should be so proud of the progress you've made.
- You are pure magic in human form.
- You are capable of incredible things.
- You are even stronger than you know.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- You matter.
- It's enough to do your best.
- Keep going.
- You're exactly where you're meant to be.
- You get more awesome every single day.
- You make a difference in the world.
- You are everything you need right now.
Put your favorite 'note-to-self' quotes where you'll see them as daily reminders. Write one on a post-it note and stick it to your bathroom mirror, pop one on your mouse pad, or make one the lock screen for your phone.
Notes to Your Future Self
Looking ahead to the future can inspire a lot of people. If there's something you want to achieve, whether that's peace, happiness, or just getting through the day, you can use a note-to-your-future-self to embody the sentiment.
- You're going to look back on this season and smile.
- It was all worth it.
- You'll be so glad you pushed through.
- Don't forget who supported you along your journey.
- I can't wait to see how far we've come.
- Younger you will be so proud of what you've accomplished.
- I hope you're living your best life.
'Note-to-Self' Quotes to Keep You Motivated
Keeping yourself motivated can be tough, especially if you can't see the immediate fruits of your labor. Push through that murky middle or inspire yourself to make a big decision with motivational 'note-to-self' quotes.
- You can do big and scary things.
- Everything is figureoutable.
- Small actions can have a massive impact.
- Take one step at a time.
- It's OK to do things your own way.
- If you want it, you need to work for it.
- It doesn't need to be perfect; it just needs to be started.
- You don't need to do things just like everyone else in order for them to work.
- You are in charge of your life.
- You have the power to make your dreams come true.
- You can tackle any task you put your mind to.
- Your mindset can change everything.
'Note-to-self' quotes are similar to positive affirmations, which are proven to reshape how you think about yourself. If you say it enough, you'll begin to believe it!
Inspiring 'Note-to-Self' Sayings When You're Feeling Stuck
Did you just go through a bad breakup? Receive a rejection letter? An inspiring 'note-to-self' reminder can help you shift any negative thoughts into hopeful ones.
- Obstacles are really just an invitation to grow.
- It's not too late, and you're not too old.
- Never give up on your dreams.
- Now is not the time to doubt yourself.
- Every ending is really just a new beginning.
- You can't wait until life gets easy to be happy.
- Trust the process.
- You decide what story you tell yourself.
- Don't get distracted by what others are saying.
- Your mistakes help you learn and grow.
- Rejection is just redirection disguised.
- You're not for everyone, and that's OK.
- You have this dream for a reason.
- Leave the past in the past.
- Every day is a fresh start.
- Don't let others determine your worth.
- You can create your own little pockets of joy.
- Social media breaks are a form of self-care.
- It's safe to follow your gut.
Gentle 'Note-to-Self' Reminders for Off Days
Off days are inevitable. Sometimes you might wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or someone might rub you the wrong way. Use positive, gentle 'note-to-self' quotes to remind yourself that you're doing the best you can, and that's more than enough.
- It's OK to have bad days.
- Your feelings are valid.
- This feeling won't last forever.
- You've made it through every bad day before this; you'll make it through today too.
- Embrace the full human experience, feelings and all.
- Life ebbs and flows; things will get better.
- You are enough.
- Be gentle with yourself; you're still healing.
- You deserve love, care, and support.
- It's OK to slow down and rest.
- Things will always get better with time.
- You're doing the best you can, and that's enough.
- Self-care is not selfish.
- Tomorrow is a new day.
'Note-to-Self' Quotes Can Brighten Anyone's Day
Just in case no one has told you today, you are an incredible human, and we're so glad you exist. Think someone else needs to hear that too? Send them your favorite 'note-to-self' quotes, so they can receive a reminder and feel like the rockstar you know they are. Life is too short not to spread the love far and wide.