When you're talking to a kid dealing with a health challenge (or those kids' parents), it's just not always easy to find the right words. These positive quotes for kids with serious medical conditions or those dealing with a critical illness can help you show your support and love when you're not totally sure what to say.
Inspirational Quotes for Kids Dealing With a Serious Illness or Medical Condition
Sometimes, an encouraging or inspirational quote can help lift the spirits of someone dealing with childhood cancer or another serious illness. These words might help:
- A superhero is someone who faces tough times with the bravest heart.
- Being scared or sad doesn't mean you aren't the bravest person in the room. You are.
- I see your hidden strength, even when you might not know it's there.
- When you worry or feel tired, know there's a team of strong and smart people behind you.
- The littlest people sometimes face the biggest challenges with incredible grace.
- Your bravery is bigger than a brontosaurus.
- A cloudy day makes the sunshine feel brighter and warmer.
- You are stronger than a giant.
It's important to remember that an inspirational or positive quote doesn't have to tell a kid that everything will be okay or that something good always comes out of something bad. Reflect on their strength now, rather than your predictions for the future.
Positive Quotes for Kids & Families Dealing With Health Challenges
Being the parent of a kid dealing with sickness, injury, or other medical issues can be isolating and uniquely challenging, and it's important to show your support to both the kids and those who love them. Acknowledging the bond can help, and these are a few ways to do that:
- For a sick child, the love of a parent is the ultimate comfort.
- Love is a superpower, and your family has it.
- A mother's kiss can't fix everything, but it can make hard things feel a little easier.
- When someone we love is suffering, our love heals their hearts and calms their souls.
- Parents find their strength within when their children need it most.
- "Love" is a small word for the power of a parent to comfort a child who needs it.
Powerful Childhood Cancer Quotes
Childhood cancer is one of the most challenging experiences in the world, and it can be really hard to know what to say to someone going through that. These are a few quotes that can help you put your support into words:
- True strength is a child who fights cancer and still sees the world as a child.
- A child with cancer can be stronger than a superhero.
- Not knowing what the future holds can be scary, and I'm in awe of your strength.
- If you want to know true bravery, look at a child who confronts cancer.
- No one is strong until they have to be, and I see the strength in you.
- You are a T-Rex, and cancer is a tiny mouse.
- I've never known anyone so brave.
Supporting a child with cancer can mean sharing an inspiring quote, but it can also mean donating your time or money to an organization that will make life a little easier for kids fighting this battle. One great charity is JZips, which makes shirts for kids with cancer that can be unzipped at the neck to access a port. This lets kids feel more like themselves and avoid having to change into a hospital gown every time they get treatment.
Famous Quotes for Kids Dealing With Challenges
Famous writers, politicians, and others have had encouraging words that can help support a child dealing with a health challenge. These are some great famous quotes to share when a child is in the hospital or at home dealing with a health challenge:
- "The best way out is always through." - Robert Frost
- "Inside all of us is hope. Inside all of us is fear. Inside all of us is adventure. Inside all of us is...a wild thing." - Maurice Sendak
- "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." - Christopher Robin (A. A. Milne)
- "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light." - J.K. Rowling
- "Courage is found in unlikely places." - J.R.R. Tolkein
These sayings are also great to put on a card or note in a DIY care basket for a child dealing with a health challenge. It's a small gesture, but it can be a meaningful way to show support to a child in your life.
Empowering Sayings for Children Can Help Offer Support
Saying the right thing to a kid who is sick is mostly about expressing your vision of their strength and the ways you see them showing it. Positive quotes for kids dealing with cancer and other illnesses aren't the same as "get well" messages or reminders to stay hopeful. Allow kids to have whatever feelings they have and focus instead on their bravery and the love surrounding them, and you can't go wrong.