If a wedding reception is jam-packed with activities, you may need to provide guests with a wedding reception program. If you need wedding reception program ideas for how the event will run, consider spending some time crafting a comprehensive program for the wedding reception to ensure all the activities appear appropriate and entertaining to everyone involved.
Printable Wedding Reception Program
This free printable program is customizable with your names and dates and will help guests understand the order of the events at your wedding reception. Click on the image to download the PDF to your computer. If you have any questions, these tips can help.
Printing Your Own Reception Program
Once you download the printable, making the program is easy. You will need a reliable printer and regular letter-sized paper or printable cardstock, as well as a count of how many programs you want to make.
- Customize the details with your own names, dates, and other information.
- To start, you may wish to make one printed program to be sure everything looks good and prints properly. Check over the test copy and make any adjustments.
- Print the desired number of copies.
- Use scissors or a paper cutter to cut the programs out.
Having Your Program Professionally Printed
If you don't want the task of printing the programs or don't have a printer you like, hire a professional. Many print shops will print your program on your choice of paper on their professional grade printers, giving you an even more luxurious look. This can also save you time.
Wedding Reception Programs Allow for Fun
The reception portion of a wedding is the time when the bride and groom can show their unique style and personality. Receptions are often more celebratory than formal, and offering a program that outlines the wedding reception itinerary is helpful for guests. Programs also give a fun format for listing the names of the bridal party, officiating ministers and other wedding participants. When the party is over, guests will have an elegant take-home keepsake to remind them of memorable moments from this special day.
- Unlike the official wedding stationery, namely the invitations, reception programs do not have to cost a lot or be too complicated.
- Assign ushers or servers the task of handing out programs to guests as they arrive at the reception.
- Keep a program tucked safely aside for the bride and groom too.
Example Itineraries for Wedding Reception Programs
While receptions often feature many of the same activities, the order in which they occur often varies. If you plan to incorporate something unique into your reception, such as a wedding reception game, it is helpful to see examples of how to plan the itinerary that ends up in the program.
Wedding Reception Order of Events #1
- Receiving guests
- Father of the bride speech
- Best man speech
- Matron of honor speech
- Reception dinner
- Cutting the cake
- First dance
- Cocktail hour
- Karaoke hour
- The send off
Wedding Reception Order of Events #2
What Else to Include in the Reception Program
Besides printing an itinerary of what to expect at the wedding reception, the program will allow the bride and groom to thank guests and family members. Other things you may wish to add to the program are as follows:
- Romantic quotes
- Inspirational message
- Words of wisdom from the fathers of the bride and groom
- Special prayers
- Formal thank you's
- Song dedications
- The couple's new address
- Wedding couple photos
- The names of wedding participants
- A timeline of events including cutting the cake, fireworks or throwing rice
Perfect Program TIps
In years to come, the keepsakes from a wedding like the wedding reception program will stir fond memories. Take plenty of time and care to create the right program for the new couple. Avoid using complicated fonts that are difficult for everyone to read. As a precaution, allow the wedding coordinator or the bride to review the program before printing out a large number. It is always good to have a second pair of eyes to catch misspelled names or inaccurate information.