- ¼ freshly squeezed ounce lemon juice
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1½ ounces vodka
- 2 to 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 to 4 dashes of tabasco
- Pinch black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Lemon wedge and lime wedge for garnish
- Combine the lemon juice, tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, tabasco, salt, and pepper in a Boston shaker or pint glass.
- Roll the drink by pouring it back and forth between both sides of the shaker or between two pint glasses until it is well-mixed, about one minute.
- Pour into a highball or pint glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with the lemon and lime wedges.
More Bloody Mary Recipes
If you can't get enough of Mary, then try these other tomato based cocktail recipes.
- Try this Bloody Mary punch to serve a crowd.
- A bacon Bloody Mary is the perfect breakfast cocktail.
- Try a spicy tequila version, the Bloody Maria.
If you want to add variety to your Bloody Mary, consider these fun add-ins.
- Add horseradish to taste.
- Add a dash or two of liquid smoke or a pinch of smoked paprika to give your drink a smokey flavor. Garnish with a smoked baby back rib on a skewer.
- Sweeten it up a bit with a tablespoon of brown sugar and garnish with an orange wedge.
- Make a Bloody Geisha by replacing the vodka with sake and garnish with two California rolls on a skewer.
- Replace the tomato juice with clamato juice for a briny version of the beverage and garnish with a cooked and peeled prawn and a lemon wedge on a skewer.
- Add a pinch of onion salt, a pinch of garlic salt, and a pinch of chili powder. Replace the vodka with grapefruit jalapeno vodka. Garnish with a sprig of cilantro and a jalapeno popper on a skewer.
- Add a pinch of cayenne and a tablespoon of pepperoncini brine to the drink and garnish it with a whole pepperoncini.
- Garnish a classic Bloody Mary in a glass rimmed with garlic salt with a sprig of basil.
- Use bacon-infused vodka or turn up the heat with jalapeño-infused vodka.
There's Something About Mary
Bloody Mary is a popular cocktail, and it's not hard to figure out why. With so many flavor and garnish variations, you can create the perfect Bloody Mary for almost any theme.