We love a sweet-tart and refreshing glass of lemonade in the spring and summer months (or really any time of year, if we're being completely honest). And you know what makes lemonade even better? Blueberries and vodka. It turns our favorite summer sipper into a juicy, sweet-tart treat that tastes just like summer.
How to Make Blueberry Vodka Lemonade
Sure, you could just pour some vodka into blueberry lemonade and call it good. Or, you could make ours, which is even better.
- 2 ounces blueberry vodka
- 4 ounces lemonade
- ¼ ounce blueberry liqueur
- Lemon slice and mint sprig for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, blueberry vodka, lemonade, and blueberry liqueur.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into a cocktail glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and a mint sprig.
Blueberry Vodka Lemonade Variations
There are many ways to jam a little blueberry flavor into your cocktails.
- Use a pink lemonade in place of traditional lemonade.
- Skip the blueberry liqueur and use a blueberry simple syrup for a sweeter touch.
- Make your lemonade a bit more sour by adding up to ¾ ounce of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Muddle several fresh blueberries with a splash of simple syrup or lemon juice before adding and shaking with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add another level of flavor by including a splash of vanilla or whipped cream vodka.
Add a layer to your perfect blueberry vodka lemonade with the right garnish.
- Pierce several blueberries on a cocktail skewer or allow them to float freely within the cocktail.
- Instead of mint, use a rosemary or thyme sprig.
- Use a lemon wheel or dehydrated lemon wheel as a garnish.
- Sprinkle a bit of lemon zest over the top of the drink or any herb garnish.
Blueberry Infused Simple Syrup
Sweeten any lemonade (boozy or not) with some blueberry simple syrup. It's super easy to make.
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- In a small saucepan, heat the blueberries, sugar, and water on medium-high heat until it simmers.
- Reduce the temperature to low heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for six minutes.
- Cool completely and strain. Replace the blueberry liqueur in the drink with ¼ cup of your simple syrup.
- Store in a resealable container in a refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Make Blueberry-Infused Vodka
You can easily make your own blueberry-infused vodka at home that'll surpass any store-bought flavors or colors. Craft a more complex flavor for your blueberry vodka lemonade by following the traditional instructions, but also add a clean, whole-sliced lemon to the mix along with the blueberries.
Dreaming of Summer
It may be a farfetched dream to hope for a garden with an abundance of blueberries and lemons, but that's exactly what this cocktail tastes like — a garden overflowing with fruit and berries. It doesn't matter how you arrive at your ingredients for a blueberry vodka lemonade. The dream is within reach.