Sweet Popcorn Toppings
These are the perfect popcorn additions for the crunchers who like life to be on the sweeter side of snacking.
- Sweet Cinnamon: Add a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.
- Salted Caramel: Drizzle some caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Chocolate Drizzle: Use melted dark or milk chocolate.
- Honey Butter: Mix melted butter with honey.
- Nutty Almond: Add a drizzle of honey and almond slivers.
- S'mores: You know how this goes - toss in some mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and crushed graham crackers.
- Cinnamon Bun: Add cinnamon sugar, a drizzle of icing, and a sprinkle of chopped pecans.
- Marshmallow Drizzle: Step one - melt marshmallow. Step - drizzle.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate: There's a reason it's a classic. Add a drizzle of melted peanut butter and either chocolate chips or a drizzle of chocolate.
- Maple Bacon: Popcorn for breakfast? Don't mind if we do! Crumble some cooked bacon and add a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Caramel Nut: Drizzle some caramel and add mixed crushed nuts. Want it to be more like a Snickers bar? Add some melted chocolate or chocolate chips, too.
- Toffee Crunch: Drizzle toffee sauce and toss in some crushed toffee pieces.
- Dark Chocolate Sea Salt: Drizzle popcorn with melted dark chocolate and add a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Maple Pecan: Drizzle in maple syrup and add chopped pecans.
- Caramel Apple: Add a drizzle of caramel sauce and dried apple bits.
Salty and Savory Popcorn Toppings
Some of us (ahem) can't get enough of savory flavors. And, if you're like me, these will tickle every last salt-craving tastebud.
- Cheesy Garlic: Add garlic powder and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Italian Herb: Sprinkle dried oregano, thyme, and basil with grated Parmesan.
- Taco Flavored: Add taco seasoning and a squeeze of lime.
- Ranch: Toss with dry ranch dressing mix.
- Butter: Go with a classic - melted butter with salt.
- Rosemary Garlic: Sprinkle in some dried rosemary, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Cheesy Cheddar: Add a sprinkle of cheddar cheese powder.
- Nacho Cheese: Add nacho cheese powder and a sprinkle of jalapeno powder.
- Pizza Flavored: Sprinkle some tomato powder, garlic powder, oregano, and grated Parmesan. You won't be sorry!
- Old Bay: Toss in a sprinkle of Old Bay seasoning.
- Truffle: Drizzle truffle oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Cheesy Dijon: Add some dijon mustard powder and grated Parmesan.
- Garlic Parmesan and Black Pepper: Sprinkle with garlic powder, grated Parmesan, and fresh-cracked black pepper.
Everything Bagel: Toss with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, and a pinch of salt.
Spicy Popcorn Toppings
Raise your hand if you've ever dipped your popcorn in hot sauce. Now that I'm typing with one hand, here are a few other ways to get that heat.
- Spicy Chili Lime: Add chili powder, lime zest, and a dash of salt.
- Buffalo Style: Drizzle with buffalo hot sauce and a sprinkle of blue cheese.
- Curry Spiced: Add curry powder, turmeric, and a dash of salt.
- Zesty Lemon Pepper: Sprinkle in some finely grated lemon zest and black pepper.
- Mexican Chocolate: Toss with cocoa powder, a touch of cinnamon, and a dash of cayenne.
- Wasabi Soy: Add a sprinkle of wasabi powder and a drizzle of soy sauce.
- Honey Sriracha: Whisk together some honey and sriracha and drizzle. Add finely grated lime zest if you'd like a hint of lime (trust me, it's good).
- Spicy Cajun: Add cajun seasoning mix.
- Smoky BBQ: Toss with BBQ seasoning mix and a dash of smoked paprika.
Healthy and Lighter Popcorn Toppings
Popcorn by itself is pretty healthy - it's loaded with fiber, but what you top it with matters. Keep your popcorn on the healthy side with these toppings.
- Nutritional Yeast: Sprinkle nutritional yeast over freshly popped popcorn for a non-cheese cheesy flavor.
- Lemon Zest: Grate the zest of a fresh lemon over the popcorn.
- Herbs: Crush the dried or fresh herbs between your fingers to release their flavors and sprinkle over the popcorn.
- Citrus Juice: Squeeze a splash of lemon, lime, orange, or grapefruit juice over the popcorn.
- Seaweed: Sprinkle crushed seaweed sheets or furikake over the popcorn.
- Trail Mix: Toss popcorn with a handful of trail mix such as pretzels, chocolate bits, and dried fruit.
Adventurous Popcorn Toppings
Unusual? Possibly. But these are some unique popcorn toppings that'll quickly become your flavor-ite.
- Coconut Sugar and Vanilla: Add a mix of coconut sugar and vanilla bean powder.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly: Add a drizzle of melted peanut butter and a dollop of your favorite jelly.
- Mint Chocolate: Drizzle melted dark chocolate and add a sprinkle of crushed mint candies.
- Chai Spice: Sprinkle with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and sugar.
- Gingerbread: Add ground ginger, cinnamon, and a sprinkle of sugar.
- Pumpkin Spice: Toss with pumpkin spice seasoning and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
- Birthday Cake: Add a white chocolate drizzle, rainbow sprinkles, and a touch of vanilla extract.
- Toasted Coconut and Lime: Add toasted shredded coconut and finely grated lime zest.
- Sesame Soy: Toss with toasted sesame seeds and a drizzle of soy sauce.
- Dill Pickle: Add chopped or dried dill weed and a sprinkle of vinegar powder.
- Jalapeño Popper: Add jalapeño powder, cheddar cheese powder, and a sprinkle of bacon bits.
- Espresso Cocoa: Toss in an espresso powder and cocoa powder mix.
- Balsamic Glaze: Add a drizzle of sweet balsamic glaze.
- Thai Spice: Toss with a mix of red chili flakes, lime zest, and chopped cilantro.
Buttering Up to Popcorn Toppings
Let's face it, life's better when you're a little bit corny. And life is a whole lot better when you dress up your popcorn. Grab your ingredients, absolutely don't forget the napkins, and settle in for a treat.