Pisces is the most mystical and other-worldly sign of the zodiac. A Pisces' world can't be perceived with your five senses, it's a world of dreams, imagination, and fantasy. Pisces people are the ethereal and whimsical chameleons of the zodiac. Below is a collection of Pisces quotes, some original and others that were collected from a variety of sources.
A Pisces can be the most confusing person you'll ever meet, and if you're confused, imagine how confusing they are to themselves.
- "There's an ephemeral, now you see them now you don't, quality to a Pisces." author Patricia Lantz - A Pisces has escapist tendencies and can be elusive.
- "Can't see all the haters when I have my love glasses on." Anonymous - A Pisces sees through the eyes of love and has the ability to see the best in others.
- "A Pisces knows no boundaries and dances with their limitlessness." Patricia Lantz - The mundane world often gets pushed aside for the limitlessness of what a Pisces can imagine.
- "Hold fast to your dreams, for without them life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly." Dreams, Langston Hughes - For a Pisces, a life without dreams is like a bird that can't fly or a day without sunshine.
- "Here today and gone tomorrow, a Pisces lover can drive you crazy." Patricia Lantz - A Pisces lover is fascinating. Love is their forte, but they're fluid, evasive, and can't be controlled. If you hang on too tightly, they'll slip away forever.
- "I am a Pisces, a fish out of water, searching for a way back home." James Kidd - A Pisces lives in the world but is not of the world and is often directionless.
- "A Pisces has soft, tender, empathetic eyes with an almost melancholy look that can melt your heart." Patricia Lantz - A Pisces most defining physical feature is their sleepy dreamy eyes.
- "Pisces live in a surreal world, they have plenty of questions but few answers." Patricia Lantz - The absence boundaries allow Pisces the perspective of several lives lived at once.
- "If it feels good, it can't be that bad." The Changemaker Mindset, Ilja Grzeskowitz - A Pisces often believes if something makes them feel good it's the Universe's way of saying, go for it!
Funny Quotes About Pisces
Every Pisces has some humorous traits that can make you shake your head, smile, or even laugh.
- "Excuse me while I have a Pisces moment." Patricia Lantz - A Pisces can often seem to be staring off into space when you're talking with them, but it's not because they aren't interested, they're just lost at the moment.
- "When you look at the world through a glass of wine everyone and everything is beautiful." Patricia Lantz - A Pisces' sensitivity can lead them to want to escape their harsh everyday reality in whatever way they can.
- "A Pisces is genetically predisposed to stay camouflaged." Patricia Lantz - The Mutable Watery nature of a Pisces allows them to conform and blend into their surroundings.
- "Someday my Prince will come, until then I'll keep kissing frogs." Patricia Lantz - Pisces are romantic and have faith that one day their soul mate will come along, unfortunately, they often only see the good until it's too late.
- "To pretend to be two people! Why there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!" Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carrol - A Pisces can stretch themselves thin trying to be all things to all people.
- "Pisces is the sign of the fishes, but Sharks and Parana are also fish." Patricia Lantz - A sweet and gentle as a Pisces seems, push them too far and you'll get on their hit list. Don't ever underestimate the damage a Pisces can do.
- "I'm a Pisces, and people say that Pisces make the best the best lovers. That's because Pisces are fish, and it's like my grandpa always used to say, "The next best thing to making love to a mermaid, is having sex with a fish." There Are Two Types of People, Jarod Kintz - A Pisces lover has no fear of depths and will happily cater to a lover's every need. Making a lover happy is their greatest desire.
Motivational Quotes for Pisces
Pisces is the astrological sign of Universal love. Peace, love, and compassion are what all Pisces aspire to, but to reach these heights they often go through hell.
- "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined." - Henry David Thoreau
- "Imagination is the voice of daring. If there is anything Godlike about God, it is that he dared to imagine everything." - Henry Miller
- "Trust your Imagination; it is a gift from God. When you're desperate for a solution, sit still, wait, and to let their imagination guide you." - Patricia Lantz
- "I believe in everything until it's disproved. So, I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?" - John Lennon
- "And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." - Holy Bible: NIV, 1 Corintians 13:13
- "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive." - Dalai Lama
- "Step out of the circle of time, and into the circle of Love." - Rumi
Pisces Quotes From Literature
The world of literature is full of inspirational, moving and funny quotes about Pisces.
- "Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes." Song of Myself, Walt Whitman - Pisces is the very last sign of the zodiac, as such, all the other signs are contained within it.
- "I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir," said Alice, "because I am not myself, you see." Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll - A Pisces can be swayed by their surroundings; they can appear one way but be something quite different.
- "So, come with me where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things and your heart will fly on wings forever in Never Never Land." Peter Pan, James M. Barrie - a Pisces is free-spirited, mischievous and often escapes to their own Never Never Land.
- "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte - A Pisces wants nothing more than to become one with their lover.
- "We are such stuff as dreams are made on, and our little life is rounded with a sleep." The Tempest, William Shakespeare - Pisces understand the transitory nature of life and the ephemeral realm of the spirits.
- "The Answer to the ultimate question of Life, The Universe and Everything is?42!" The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams - A Pisces understands the meaninglessness of this answer.
Quotes Only Pisces Will Understand
There are things a Pisces feels that only they understand.
- "But it makes you wonder, doesn't it? Just how normal are we? Just who are the people we nod our hellos to as we pass on the street?" The Twilight Zone, Rod Sterling - Most Pisces believe in ghosts, spirits, and aberrations, pretty much anything from the Twilight Zone.
- "True Pisces don't need weed to get high. We were born this way." Anonymous - Pisces live in a surreal world and often have altered time and sensory perceptions.
- "I do wish I hadn't drunk quite so much!" Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll - Excesses in drinking and staying up late can play havoc with a Pisces' life.
- "?I'm afraid that I will disappear; Slip slidin' away; Slip slidin' away?" Slip Slidin' Away, Paul Simon - A Pisces often imagines they can simply drift away and gradually disappear, leaving no trace.
- "I don't see a distinction between you and me or romance, love, and sex; it's all merged into one and can't be separated." Patricia Lantz - A Pisces is prone to lose themselves in their lover and in all aspects of love.
- "Dreams are as close to reality as I get." Patricia Lantz, interpretations of Unknown variations - When a Pisces dreams, they enter a world that is real to them.
Quotes From Well-Known Pisces
The Pisces world is one of dreams, schemes, and magical things, where anything is possible.
- "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein
- "Believe in love. Believe in magic. Hell, believe in Santa Claus. Believe in others. Believe in yourself. Believe in your dreams. If you don't, who will?" - Jon Bon Jovi
- "She eyes me like a Pisces." - Heart-Shaped Box, Nirvana/Kurt Cobain
- "It's tougher to be vulnerable than to actually be tough." - Rihanna
- "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells." - Dr. Seuss
- "Kisses, even to the air, are beautiful." - Drew Barrymore
- "I'm crazy, I'm nuts. Just the way my brain works. I'm not normal. I think differently." - Justin Bieber
Astrologers' Quotes About Pisces
Pisces is the Mutable Water sign of the zodiac that's ruled by the planet Neptune. Its symbol is two fishes swimming in opposite directions. Those born between approximately February 19 - March 20 are Pisces. The following quotes by three well-know astrologers in their books reveal the almost undefinable complexity of Pisces.
"Pisces was born tired. It's little wonder that the Fish is a trifle spiritually fatigued, considering all he's seen throughout so many incarnations ... all the power and the glory, the ugly and the beautiful, the horrifyingly unspeakable - and the ecstatically indescribable. It's exhausting." - from Linda Goodman's Love Signs
"Two fishes is a queer way to regard Pisces the sign of true love, faith, and inner peace. Perhaps one fish helps others and meditates while the other finds peace in the bottom of a bottle of Jack Daniels. Pisceans enjoy this choice between saint and slut."- from Debbi Kampton-Smith's Secrets From a Stargazers Notebook
"The Pisces endpoint? A realization. A subtle reorientation of the mind. A reorientation that changes nothing but changes everything. It is the knowledge that wherever we go, whatever we do, whatever we see, we can meet only one inescapable reality: our own consciousness." - from Steven Forrest's The Inner Sky
Pisces are creative thinkers who can see, as William Blake describes it, "a world in a grain of sand, heaven in a wildflower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand and eternity in an hour." Having a Pisces in your life is like having a special key to imaginative worlds and flights of fancy. Not a Pisces? Discover more astrology quotes.