To those following the Christian faith, baptism is a major religious event. It signifies the forgiveness of sin and the start of life as a member of the Christian faith. These baptism quotes capture the special meaning behind the sacrament, and the significance of baptism for faithful followers.
Baptism Quotes to Celebrate the Holy Event
Baptism is a day to celebrate and rejoice. These baptism quotes are full of faith, happiness, and the spirit of rebirth and renewal. Use them in baptismal invitations, thank you cards, gifts, and face-to-face congratulatory messages.
- Rejoice! For today is the day you take your first steps with the Lord. Walk beside Him always and you shall never lose your way.
- Dear child of God, you may be small, but today you took a major leap in your faith.
- May you grow to understand your place in His Kingdom and His place in your heart.
- Be blessed in this journey as you enter the Christian faith. Be peaceful in knowing that you are never alone, not in spirit, soul, or heart.
- Emerge a believer, casting aside all sin and giving your heart to the Lord.
Beautiful Famous Baptism Quotes
These quotes about baptism are beautiful sentiments to share on a person's special day. They capture the essence and meaning behind one of Christianity's most celebrated sacraments.
- "Jesus made saving repentance possible, and He made baptism meaningful." - John H. Groberg
- "The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- "We are called to live our baptism every day, as new creatures, clothed in Christ." - Pope Francis
- "Your baptism is a step of obedience, a leap of faith and the beginning of a walk with the Lord that will last forever." -Author Unknown
"Baptism is bowing before the Father and letting Him do his work." - Max Lucado
Baptism Quotes From the Bible
There is no better place to find specific baptism quotes than in the Bible. These religious lines are some of the most widely recognized and used baptism quotes in the Christian faith.
- "Blessed are those who have not seen Him and yet believe." - John 20:29
- "And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized, and wash your sins away, calling on His name." - Acts 22:16
- "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good, to give you a future and a hope." - Jeremiah 29:11
- "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." - Ephesians 4:4-6
- "You are a child of God, you are wonderfully made, dearly loved, and precious in His sight." - Psalm 139
Sweet Baptism Quotes From a Parent to a Child
For Christian parents, baptism day is an emotional and exciting one. If you are baptizing a young child, consider writing down the day's events along with your feelings and thoughts, so your child can later learn about this major event in their life. Use these sweet baptismal sentiments in a letter to your child or on a baptism page of a baby scrapbook.
- You, my child, are proof that the Lord is full of blessings.
- Be blessed on this day and in this life, my child.
- From today on, you shall walk beside the Lord. Fear nothing, love all, and follow His ways in everything.
- On your baptism day, my heart swells with love, joy, and pride.
- Darling one, be cleansed of all original sin, be strong in your devotion to your faith, and be one with the Lord, our Savior.
Happy Baptism Quotes for Cards
If you are fortunate enough to witness or partake in a baptism, you will want to extend your well-wishes via a baptism gift or a card. Share your heartfelt congratulations with the person being baptized by saying Happy baptism!
- May your day be filled with joy and your life be filled with love and faith.
- To be baptized into the Lord's home and heart is a once-in-a-lifetime gift.
- Congrats and blessings on this day that is as special as the person celebrating it.
- Follow your heart, follow your faith, and you shall always end up where you were meant to be.
- Rejoice in the new, be cleansed in His love, and be joyous in your rebirth into the faith.