It's a wonderful quality to always care for your family, friends, and loved ones, but you must never forget to look out for number one! It is true that if you don't practice self-care you cannot be your best for others. Remind yourself to stay centered with these self-care quotes.
Self-Care Quotes Reminding You to Relax and Breathe
Even if it is five minutes each day, make space to breathe deeply, devoting precious moments to you and only you.
- A spare minute of self-care can be the difference between motivation to move mountains and massive meltdowns.
- You only need five minutes per day to create a connection with the person who needs it most: You.
- Breathe in. Breathe out. Feel the fire in your soul grow. Release the dragon.
- Take a few breaths each day and remind yourself you are never alone. You have you.
- Find a space made only for you. Be still in there for a minute and ask: Am I doing enough for me?
Famous Self-Care Quotes
Immerse yourself in these famous quotes on self-care to help you breathe deeply, reset your mind and give yourself a little love.
- "An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly." - Unknown
- "The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the relationship with yourself. " - Steve Maraboli
- "Take the time today to love yourself. You deserve it." - Avina Celeste
- "Taking care of yourself is the most powerful way to begin to take care of others." - Bryant McGill
- "Don't sacrifice yourself too much, because if you sacrifice too much there's nothing else you can give and nobody will care for you." - Karl Lagerfeld
- "The care, therefore, of every man's soul belongs unto himself." - John Locke
- "Self-care is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation." - Audre Lorde
- "Mind. Body. Soul. These are the three things self-care is all about." - Kathy Sledge
- "Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including yourself." - Annie Lamont
- "Resting is a part of the process, even if it's not a part of the plan." - Carley Schweet
Funny Quotes on Self-Care
Making a wisecrack about self-care doesn't mean that you don't take it seriously. It just means that you can love yourself and see the humor in the world around you at the same time.
- It should be illegal to view napping as a waste of time.
- If you don't know how to best care for yourself, start with pizza and a pair of fuzzy socks.
- Love yourself because you are stuck with yourself for life.
- The relationship with yourself cannot be toxic because you cannot very well kick yourself to the curb.
- Decide what you are worth and never offer a discount.
- It is productive to practice self-care. This means binge-watching Netflix, ordering takeout and staying on the couch is actually a productive series of actions!
Quotes to Help You Put YOU First
You love your family and friends, but giving all of yourself all the time can be draining on a person's emotional and mental state. Remember to put yourself first, and once you are taken care of, then you can return to being the amazing lover, supporter, and giver that you are.
- When there is no time for "me" time, make time.
- Learn to listen to your mind, body, and soul. What does she need from you to be whole?
- "Me time" costs you nothing and gives you everything.
- Never rationalize putting yourself first. It should be understood.
- When you feed the flame inside yourself first, you then possess the power to light up the world.
- I don't know who needs to hear this today but, you are as important as everyone you value.
Self-Care Quotes About Starting Over
If you find yourself at a place of starting over, you absolutely need to lean into self-love. Give yourself the love, patience, and space to grow into your best self.
- Care for yourself, love yourself, and love will find its way to you.
- If all you accomplish in a day is taking care of yourself, then you indeed spent your time doing something incredibly important.
- Lay boundaries like bricks and build your life as you envision it.
- Go on an epic adventure to find yourself and love yourself.
- If you are looking for the real love of your life, start with a mirror.
- Wanting to love yourself isn't enough. Love is an action.
- Starting over takes time and courage. Take the time to support yourself on your journey to heal.
Inspiring Self-Care Quotes to Boost Self-Esteem
When you are feeling down and don't feel deserving of some self-love, that is when you need to tap into self-care the most. These self-esteem boosting self-care quotes scream, "You are worth it!"
- Believe you are worth everything, and everything will come to you.
- Think five good things about yourself each day. Treat yourself to positivity.
- Find what inspires you, makes you whole, and feeds your soul, and do it often.
- If you look to outside influences for validation in life, you are looking in the wrong place.
- Your very best self is already inside of you. Nurture, love, and encourage that self to shine.
- No one's opinion of you matters more than your own.
- It is essential to take care of you because you are important.
Self-Care Quotes for Parents
No one knows the draining feeling of never having time for themselves like a parent. Their entire universe revolves around caring for their young, and any extra moments are usually devoted to trying to catch up on the other million tasks that surround them every day. Parents have to care for themselves, hard as that task may seem, and these parent-based self-care quotes are excellent reminders why.
- Kids need happy parents. Do what makes you happy and see the joy reflected in your kids.
- Taking care of yourself isn't selfish. You can devote time to the kids and to you. It is possible.
- Putting yourself first isn't the same as putting the kids last.
- When you are empty, you have nothing to give your family. Keep your cup full.
- Your kids will never look back and say, "It was a shame mom and dad took care of themselves."
- Be a model to your children in all things, including how to love and care for yourself.
- You're a gift to your kids. Don't hand them an empty box.
- Learn your needs and tend to them. Recognizing and addressing needs is what you do, for you are a parent.
- On your daily list of important things, be sure you are at the top.
- Taking the day off from parental duties to care for yourself doesn't make you a bad parent. In fact, it makes you the opposite.
Everyone Deserves Self-Care
It can be hard to carve out time to focus on yourself, but it is highly important. Recognize that as crucial as it is to care for those around you, it is equally important to prioritize yourself and give yourself what you need to thrive. A little self-care can go a really long way for you and the people around you.