Sometimes it's hard to find the perfect words to express your Thanksgiving wishes. Whether you're wishing someone a happy Thanksgiving over text, sending a card, or sharing your holiday greetings online or in person, there are lots of Thanksgiving quotes and sayings you can use to make everyone's holiday happier.
Thanksgiving Sayings to Share With Friends and Family
Send your Thanksgiving wishes to the people you care about the most with these quotes:
- As I consider the many things I'm grateful for this holiday season, you're one of the first that comes to mind. Happy Thanksgiving.
- Sending you love and warm wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving.
- My heart is filled with thanks for you this Thanksgiving.
- Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. When I think of all the wonderful times we've shared this year, I'm so grateful.
- As our family gathers around the table this Thanksgiving, you are with us in spirit, even if you can't be here in person.
- So thankful we are family this holiday season.
- Happy Thanksgiving to the ones I love the most in this world. I'm so grateful for you.
- I count you among the treasures of my heart this Thanksgiving Day and always.
- My dear friends and family, may your Thanksgiving be full of joy this year.
- Sending you love and good wishes this Thanksgiving and always.
Thanksgiving Wishes for Co-Workers and Business Associates
If you're sending a Thanksgiving card for your business, want to offer your holiday wishes to co-workers or clients, or are hosting a Thanksgiving fundraiser, it helps to have a few quotes to use:
- With warm wishes and appreciation for your business, happy Thanksgiving.
- We're thankful for your business, and we wish you a happy Thanksgiving.
- Wishing you a holiday season of plenty. Happy Thanksgiving from all of us.
- We're grateful to all our partners and clients this Thanksgiving. You are what makes us great.
- Happy Thanksgiving! We're grateful for the chance to work with you.
- This Thanksgiving, we are thankful for the gift of your business and friendship.
- In this season of gratitude, our hearts turn to you, our employees.
- Thank you for helping us grow our business this year. Happy Thanksgiving!
- As we focus on the many blessings and joys we have experienced this year, your partnership is among them.
- With wishes for a joyful Thanksgiving and gratitude for your continued support.
Short Thanksgiving Quotes for Everyone
No matter who your audience is, these simple and short quotes will help you express your Thanksgiving greetings:
- Wishing you a Thanksgiving filled with all the things that bring you joy.
- Sending you joyful wishes this Thanksgiving.
- Thinking of you with a grateful heart this holiday.
- I'm counting you among my most treasured blessings this Thanksgiving.
- May your heart be as full as your tummy after Thanksgiving dinner.
- Wishing you an abundance of joy this Thanksgiving and always.
- Here's to a Thanksgiving Day filled with food, family, and friends!
- Wishing you a Thanksgiving filled with joy.
- Thank you for making a difference in my life this Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving is a time to count blessings, and you're one of mine.
Thanksgiving Messages to Share Online
If you're sharing Thanksgiving photos on Instagram or posting an update on Facebook or another social media site, these are some great quotes to use to use when you share your holiday thank you messages with friends and followers:
- Even if we can't gather with you in person this year, we're thinking of you with love and gratitude this Thanksgiving.
- Sending you wishes for simple joy and family togetherness for Thanksgiving.
- Hoping you have more blessings this Thanksgiving than there are beautiful leaves in autumn.
- Wishing you a Thanksgiving filled with all the things that make life good.
- Today is the day to be grateful for all of it.
- Wishing you a full table and a grateful heart.
- From our Thanksgiving table to yours, here's to a day of gratitude!
- These little turkeys want to wish you a happy Thanksgiving.
- Have a joyous Thanksgiving holiday, no matter where you are this year.
- Wishing you the best Thanksgiving ever!
Funny Thanksgiving Quotes to Make People Laugh
- This Thanksgiving, my strategy includes elastic waist pants and ear plugs.
- Here's hoping your turkey is better than usual this year.
- I'm grateful for you this year. And pie. I'm grateful for pie too.
- Thanksgiving: that beautiful day when no one is on a diet.
- This year, my big Thanksgiving secret is that I'm more excited to see the pumpkin pie than my extended family.
- Thanksgiving: the holiday when your dysfunctional family spends a whole day together.
- No matter what you cook for Thanksgiving dinner, don't forget to add plenty of wine for the person cooking.
- It's Thanksgiving: time to discuss politics with people who share your DNA.
- Hope you're counting your blessings and not your calories this Thanksgiving!
- Thanksgiving: a challenging holiday for people who don't like their food to touch.
Good Thanksgiving Sayings to Prompt Gratitude
Thanksgiving is a holiday that's all about gratitude, so these quotes focus on that theme:
- As the weather turns chilly, gratitude for you warms my heart.
- In gratitude for the bounty of the earth and another year we have shared upon it.
- Let our gratitude be as plentiful as the food that fills our table this Thanksgiving.
- A grateful heart is a blessing in itself, and it is the soil from which more blessings grow.
- This year at Thanksgiving, may your gratitude build on itself until your life is filled with joy.
- Let us choose to recognize our blessings on Thanksgiving Day and every day.
- Appreciating all the little things that make life beautiful this Thanksgiving.
- Gratitude can transform the blessings we have into a multitude of joys.
- This year at Thanksgiving, I hope to notice and appreciate all those small joys I take for granted.
- Gratitude is a choice, and it's one I choose to make this Thanksgiving Day and every day.
Words to Use in Happy Thanksgiving Texts
If you can't be together in person, you can still wish friends a happy Thanksgiving with a great text:
- Just wanted you to know, I'm so grateful for you today.
- Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so glad we're family.
- Hope you're having a delicious Thanksgiving feast right now!
- Just thinking about how much I have to be grateful for. You immediately came to mind.
- Hope you are having an awesome turkey day!
- Just want you to know we're toasting you right now. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Happy Thanksgiving! Sending you love and turkey leftovers.
- I hope you're having a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. I miss you!
- Happy Thanksgiving from our overstuffed table to yours.
- We're having a wonderful Thanksgiving, but it would be even better with you here.
Famous Thanksgiving Quotes
Even though Thanksgiving may not have been celebrated when Shakespeare was alive, he had a lot to say about gratitude. Try one of these famous quotes:
- "Be present in all things and thankful for all things." - Maya Angelou
- "Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast." - William Shakespeare
- "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire
- "Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life." - Rumi
- "I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "For my part, I am almost contented just now, and very thankful. Gratitude is a divine emotion: it fills the heart, but not to bursting; it warms it, but not to fever." - Charlotte Bronte
- "Rest and be thankful." - William Wordsworth
Inspirational Thanksgiving Quotes for Challenging Times
Some years, Thanksgiving is a good time to express gratitude despite hardships. If it's been a hard year for you or for someone you care about, these quotes can offer inspiration:
- You make hard times a little easier, and I just want you to know how much I appreciate you this Thanksgiving.
- Gratitude helps us navigate difficult times, and this Thanksgiving, I'm so grateful for you.
- In gratitude for all the times we've faced our challenges together this year. Happy Thanksgiving.
- This year hasn't been easy, but I'm so thankful for you and all the support you've given me.
- I know this has been a difficult year for you and your family, and this Thanksgiving, I just want you to know how grateful I am to have you in my life.
- In times of challenge, gratitude matters even more. I'm so thankful for you.
- Thank you for all you've done for me during this challenging year. Happy Thanksgiving!
- Your support is one of the blessings I appreciate most. Happy Thanksgiving.
Religious Messages for Thanksgiving
Express your faith and your gratitude with these religious Thanksgiving quotes:
- Wishing you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving holiday.
- I thank the Lord for you this Thanksgiving and every day.
- Lord, help us to see and be grateful for the many ways we are blessed this Thanksgiving.
- In gratitude for what God has given us this year and always, I wish you a happy Thanksgiving.
- Lord, please help me see your many blessings this Thanksgiving Day and always.
- On this Thanksgiving Day, I offer a prayer of gratitude for the bounty of food on my table and joy in my heart.
- Let us live our lives in a way that shows our gratitude to God, this Thanksgiving Day and every day.
Multicultural Thanksgiving Sayings
Although Abraham Lincoln made Thanksgiving a national holiday back in 1863, the story of the pilgrims and the Native Americans who helped them isn't a simple one. In fact, some Indigenous Peoples consider Thanksgiving a day of mourning, while others choose to celebrate their gratitude on this day. Here are a few quotes that express some of the cultural complexities of Thanksgiving:
- I am grateful today and every day for the culture and customs of Indigenous Peoples, who have endured incredible challenges.
- Let us be grateful this Thanksgiving Day for the bounty of nature and the beauty of multiple cultural perspectives.
- On this day, we recognize and appreciate the generosity of the Wampanoag people who brought food to the white settlers in their time of need.
- On this Thanksgiving Day, we appreciate the land on which we stand, and we commit to learning more about the complex history of our presence here.
- Let each day be one of Thanksgiving; and let today be one of remembrance and expanded perspectives.
Appreciate Family This Thanksgiving
No matter how you choose to express your Thanksgiving wishes, this is an important day for many people. If you're celebrating in person, give some thought to how you'll make your family Thanksgiving a success. With proper planning and an appreciation for different perspectives, you can keep the focus on gratitude and family bonds.