Thank you, veterans! Those three small words carry a lot of meaning for the everyday heroes who chose to serve, protect, and defend. Honor our soldiers and sailors this Veterans Day (and every other day) with quotes and captions that let them know how much we appreciate their work, sacrifice, and courage.
Thank You Quotes for Veterans Day
Beyond the barbecues and family fun, Veterans Day is full of meaning. Take a moment to tell the veterans in your life how important they are. Share these thank you quotes on Facebook, Snapchat, or other social media spaces.
- On Veterans Day, it's important to remember those who have served. The ones who helped keep our nation full of promise and wonder.
- Remember to say thank you to those who fought for your freedom.
- Thank you to the soldiers who gave their service to this country and sacrificed a piece of themselves for us.
- Say thanks to those who took honor, duty, and country to heart.
- We are because you gave. Thank you.
- Today is a day to tell all those who served thank you.
- The gratitude that veterans deserve can't be expressed with words. But still, thank you.
- We are a nobler country because of the sacrifice you have made by serving. Thank you.
- Our great nation would be nothing without our veterans.
- You fought the glorious fight and sacrificed for our nation. Thank you, veterans.
Inspirational Veterans Day Thank You Quotes to Salute Our Nation's Heroes
Veterans inspire people every day. They're the reason that we have the freedoms we do. Share an inspirational quote for these champions of change.
- Your sacrifices are a blessing. Thank you for your service to America.
- A country is nothing without the soldiers standing behind it.
- I salute a beautiful heart that worked to keep our country free.
- The service a veteran offers is your freedom. They sacrificed a piece of themselves for you.
- Honor the veterans today. They must be celebrated.
- Heroes come in all shapes and sizes, but it's the ones in uniform that keep our country free. Happy Veterans Day.
- It's important to take a moment to thank the veterans. Their valor and honor made this country what it is.
- You have defended America and given a large piece of yourself for freedom. There are no words to express our gratitude. Happy Veterans Day.
- It's the heart that makes a hero. And veterans are full of heart. Happy Veterans Day.
- You inspire the world with your courage. Happy Veterans Day!
Heartfelt Quotes About Veterans Day to Say Thanks
Nothing hits home more than a heartfelt quote showing your appreciation for veterans. Celebrate Veterans Day by taking a moment to say thanks.
- You loved our country so much that you worked to make it better. Thank you, veterans.
- Your sacrifice is an honor. Thank you to all those who served.
- Our freedoms today are built on the backs of the individuals who served. Thank you.
- We thank you for your sacrifice to our nation. Today, we honor our veterans.
- Happy Veterans Day to every individual who fought for us. Words are not enough to express our gratitude and appreciation for the sacrifice you've made.
- Freedom comes at a cost. And our veterans have paid for it. Thank you, veterans, for giving every American your all.
- It is to the veterans that we owe so much. It feels like "thank you" is never enough.
- A true hero walks through fire for those they love. A veteran is someone who loved an entire nation. Thank you!
- Veterans carry with them a legacy of love. Love for their nation. Happy Veterans Day.
- From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for the courage you gave this nation.
Veterans Day Captions to Share on Instagram
Looking for the perfect saying to share on Instagram for Veterans Day? Snap your patriotic picture and add a short, but poignant Veterans Day quote.
- Veterans: true American heroes.
- We thank you, our national heroes. Happy Veterans Day.
- There are not enough thank yous in the world to show our appreciation for veterans.
- We salute the courage, honor, and bravery of our veterans today, tomorrow, and always.
- Veterans gave selfless service to every American. Today, we honor you.
- No civilian will ever understand the sacrifices our veterans have made.
- Courage = veterans = thank you.
- Because you loved our country, we live a better life. Happy Veterans Day.
- You give hope to our country with your sacrifice. Happy Veterans Day.
- You had our country's back. You are the backbone of our country.
Veterans Day Quotes for Family Members to Share
Many Americans have family members who have served. Tell them how special they are by adding a touching message to a Veterans Day card or gift.
- Strong, courageous, inspiring … the list could go on and on. That's what a veteran means to me. I'm glad to have one in my family.
- I hold a true hero in my heart. Happy Veterans Day.
- To express my gratitude today, I want to tell the veteran in my life I love them in every way.
- I'm so grateful for the sacrifice you made. Thank you for being so brave.
- With determination and grace, you accepted every obstacle and risk. I honor you today.
- Veterans Day means so much more because I have a family member who served. Thank you for all that you gave.
- You kept my freedom alive. Thank you.
- The legacy you carry is inspiring. Happy Veterans Day.
- You are my greatest hero. Thank you for your service to our country.
- Yours is a debt that I can never repay. So instead, I honor you on this day.
Veterans Day Quotes to Remind Us to Be Like a Soldier
Military members make the ultimate sacrifices for the betterment of America. They give up the comforts of home, time with loved ones, their physical and mental health, and many times, their lives. This Veterans Day, we challenge everyone to be like a soldier and put others above themselves. These Veterans Day quotes can serve as a simple reminder to be selfless this holiday.
- Veterans Day is a time to honor the sacrifices of the men and women who fearlessly served our country. Take inspiration from these selfless individuals and find simple ways to make your community a better place.
- One small act of kindness can have an amazing ripple effect. This Veterans Day, honor a soldier and a stranger by showing gratitude for their presence on this earth. Share a kind word, a smile, or a gift. No matter what, the action can have an astounding difference.
- This Veterans Day, be like a soldier. Ask yourself, "What can I do to better the world today?" Be the spark that lights a fire of change.
- Every person who chose to put their country above themselves is a hero. Can you be one this Veterans Day? Find something wonderful to do for another and make our world a better place.
- It is the brave that serve as the backbone of this country. This Veterans Day, be brave, be selfless, be better. Find a way to hold up those who need a helping hand.
- We see Veterans every day. However, their wounds cut deeper than we may ever realize. Don't simply say "thank you." Instead, find ways to give back to the warriors who gave more than they were able to rebuild. Be the change in their tomorrow.
- The "V" in Veterans Day stands for volunteering. Our Veterans volunteered their lives to protect our country. This holiday, consider volunteering your time to a worthy cause to help make your community a better place.
- Heart, spirit, and soul. These are the qualities of a veteran. This holiday, try to embody these attributes and find something worthy to support. Your time can be much more valuable than a simple donation.
- Veterans Day is so much more than simply celebrating the efforts of others. It is about finding inspiration in their selfless acts and choosing to follow suit.
- THEY are the reason for the season. THEY are why we can gather together. This Veterans Day, consider your simple luxuries. What could you give up for a day or a week to make the life of a veteran better? After all, they risked their life for yours without even knowing your name. Consider showing them the same kindness and gifting them with something meaningful.
December may be the month of giving, but just like your Christmas shopping, sometimes it can be best to start early! Find a cause that matters and show some kindness this season. It can actually bring happiness to you!
Famous Veterans Day Quotes
Presidents, authors, and celebrities have a lot to say about their appreciation of veterans. Check out a few of their best quotes for the holiday.
- "Honor to the Soldier, and Sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country's cause. Honor also to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field, and serves, as he best can, the same cause." - Abraham Lincoln
- "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." - John F. Kennedy
- "We remember those who were called upon to give all a person can give, and we remember those who were prepared to make that sacrifice if it were demanded of them in the line of duty, though it never was. Most of all, we remember the devotion and gallantry with which all of them ennobled their nation as they became champions of a noble cause." - Ronald Reagan
- "It's about how we treat our veterans every single day of the year. It's about making sure they have the care they need and the benefits that they've earned when they come home. It's about serving all of you as well as you've served the United States of America." - Barack Obama
- "The nicest veterans [...] the kindest and funniest ones, the ones who hated war the most, were the ones who'd really fought." - Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- "If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn’t fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.
- "Who kept the faith and fought the fight; The glory theirs, the duty ours." - "Memorial Day" by Wallace Bruce
- "In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it." - Barack Obama
- "And I'm proud to be an American / Where at least I know I'm free / And I won't forget the men who died / Who gave that right to me / And I'd gladly stand up next to you / And defend Her still today / 'Cause there ain't no doubt / I love this land / God Bless the U.S.A." - "God Bless the U.S.A." by Lee Greenwood
- "Freedom is a fragile thing and it's never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by way of inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people." - Ronald Reagan
Touching Veterans Day Messages for Appreciation
Veterans Day offers Americans a moment to thank everyone who worked to protect their basic rights. Their sacrifice provides us with hope for a future of freedom. Share these Veterans Day sayings to take a moment to celebrate the meaning of the holiday. You may also find inspiration in these Memorial Day quotes that honor fallen soldiers.