Before you hop into your Memorial Day celebrations, it's important to remember the reason Americans commemorate this occasion. Take a moment to show your respect and gratitude for the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for your freedom. Try a few original, patriotic Memorial Day quotes on a card or social media post.
Memorial Day Messages to Share With Everyone
Memorial Day is more than just barbeques and a day off. It celebrates the heroes who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Celebrating these brave individuals includes everything from parades to moments of silence. Honor the departed veterans in your life by posting a heartfelt quote.
- Celebrate the quiet heroes who gave their lives for our freedom.
- Recognize the importance of the sacrifice the fallen heroes gave us.
- We celebrate the courageous heroes who never came home.
- Today we celebrate the brave souls who gave us our freedom.
- It's the day to honor those who gave everything, even their very lives, to their country.
- Take a moment to remember the bravest heroes and all they sacrificed.
- It is the courage of the fallen that keeps our country free. It is their sacrifice we remember today.
Honoring Fallen Soldiers Quotes for Americans
An exciting day of backyard festivities or a day on the water is fun. However, Memorial Day is a moment where we pause to honor the veterans who have given their lives to protect our freedoms and country. Honor these fallen soldiers on your Instagram, Facebook, or Snapchat with an inspiring quote. You might even add these meaningful quotes to a gift for the veteran in your life.
- Freedom is never free. Its cost was the lives of the bravest Americans.
- It is an honor and a privilege to celebrate those who died for our freedoms.
- Offer a word of thanks and gratitude to those who gave their last breath for America to remain free.
- By honoring their memory in our hearts, the fallen will never be forgotten.
- The bravest of us never die; they live on in the heart of their country.
- Heroes leave a legacy that's forever written on the soul of this country.
- Celebrate the courageous spirits who became our heroes.
- Our todays are built on the courage of the heroes we lost in our yesterdays.
Never Forget Memorial Day Quotes to Honor Veterans
The fallen soldiers that sacrificed for their country should never be forgotten. That's the reason we celebrate them on the last Monday in May. Never forget the sacrifices they made. Before you choose to celebrate your day, take a moment to remember them.
- Never forget the heroes who kept our freedoms strong with their blood, sweat, and tears.
- The fallen must never be forgotten. They are the reason we have the freedoms we enjoy each day.
- The brightest lights burned out much too soon. We will never forget the fallen.
- Never forget their sacrifice, their bravery, their courage.
- Honor the fallen soldiers and never forget the importance of their sacrifice.
- Because they were, we are. Never forget them.
- Never forget the fallen are the roots of the country that allow the branches to sway freely in the wind.
Meaningful Famous Memorial Day Sayings to Honor Fallen Heroes
Some of the greatest minds in our country have taken a stance on the importance of Memorial Day. Enjoy their famous words and share them with the world.
- "There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country." - Nick Lampson
- "What I can do for my country, I am willing to do." - Christopher Gadsden
- "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering."- Theodore Roosevelt
- "The patriot's blood is the seed of freedom's tree." -Thomas Campbell
- " The brave die never, though they sleep in dust, their courage nerves a thousand living men."- Minot J. Savage
- "There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured with what is right in America." - William J. Clinton
- "Heroism is not only in the man but in the occasion." - Calvin Coolidge
A Day to Remember Their Sacrifice
Pause in your life to celebrate military personnel. Memorial Day is a time to think about the patriots who made the greatest sacrifice. Share their courage and service through your own sentiments.