New Year's Eve is a time of new beginnings and reflection, and it's totally the perfect moment to raise a glass with friends and family. There's no need to stress about what you'll say either. Whether you want something meaningful and inspirational or something that cracks everyone up, these example New Year's toasts will help you get inspired. Bring on the Champagne or sparkling juice!
Short and Inspirational Toasts for New Year's Eve
These short and simple toasts are perfect when you want to keep it quick but meaningful. You can easily memorize these, which can take some of the stress out of the big moment.
- Here's to the year ahead. May we rise to meet its challenges and take the time to be truly present in its moments of joy. Happy New Year!
- As the clock strikes midnight, I'm reminded of all the possibilities that lie ahead. This year can be anything we want, so let's make it a good one.
- There's nothing like one year ending and another starting to remind us that time passes so quickly. Let's make the most of it and enjoy this evening and the year ahead to the fullest.
- Here's to the friends who love us no matter what. May the year ahead be one of joy for all.
- Let's make this year like last year, but way better!
- To making a difference in the world and in the lives of those we love! Happy New Year!
- May you meet every challenge and enjoy every moment!
Funny Toasts for the New Year
Make your friends and family laugh with a funny toast this New Year's Eve. You can poke fun at yourself, them, or whatever makes everyone smile.
- May your joy in the new year last longer than this resolution I'm about to make.
- It's New Year's Eve, which means no one's diet has started yet. I'd like to take this moment to appreciate not counting calories. Happy New Year!
- As I look around tonight, I know I'm surrounded by friends and family who have seen me at my best and also at my worst. There may not be all that much difference between the two, but those of you who know me best love me anyway.
- Happy New Year, everyone! Once again, it's time for me to write the wrong date on forms for way too long into the new year. Here's hoping you learn faster than I do!
- With any luck, we'll all be another year older next year. Except me. I might be two years older the way I'm going. Here's to all of you!
- Let's all indulge our vices for one night before we make those resolutions! I'm going to head off and do that right now. Happy New Year!
- This year, may you keep your resolutions and your good looks!
Simple Toasts to the Past, Present, and Future
New Year's Eve is a time to reflect on what was, where you are now, and what's to come. These toasts sum this up beautifully.
- Let us take a moment to remember the joys and challenges of the old year as it passes. Let's look around with gratitude at the friends and family here tonight. And let's look with hope to the future year; may it be one of magic and meaning.
- This is the moment when last year is ending, and next year is about to begin. Right here, right now, I'm grateful for all of you. Happy New Year!
- Let us toast the past with gratitude, the present with appreciation, and the future with hope.
- Last year was a mixed bag, and next year is an unwritten book. But tonight we know; tonight is filled with joy and togetherness. Let's celebrate with gratitude!
- Here's to the past, the present, and the future. Here's to friends and family here tonight and near and far away. Happy New Year to all!
- As the new year dawns, I want to reflect with gratitude on the year that's ending and on the joy of sharing this night with all of you.
- Here's a toast to new beginnings as we watch the past year draw to a close.
- As one year ends, another begins. Happy New Year! May the year ahead be full of good things.
What to Say When Raising a Glass at Midnight
It's traditional to toast the new year at midnight, but what you say is up to you. Whether you're serving champagne, sparkling juice, a New Year's cocktail, or a delicious mocktail, sharing a toast and a drink is considered good luck on New Year's Eve. Here are some things you can say as you lift your glass:
- Happy New Year! I'm so grateful for all of you. Cheers!
- To the year that has passed, to the new year ahead, and to those gathered here tonight. Happy New Year!
- Lift a glass with me to toast the year ahead. May it be one of joy!
- Cheers to you! Happy New Year!
- To a joyful year ahead and to all of you!
- Here's to the year ahead! May it be a good one!
- To auld acquaintance and the days of auld lang syne!
Longer New Year's Toasts
Sometimes, you need a toast that's more than just a few words. These examples can help inspire you.
Toast for Times of Challenge
The past year has been one of challenge and also reward. I know it hasn't been easy for everyone here tonight, but I hope you all feel the support and love in this room. We're in this together, no matter what the new year brings. My family, my friends, I love you so much and am so grateful to share this night and this life with all of you. Happy New Year!
New Year's Eve Toast to Mindfulness
New Year's Eve is an important milestone every year, that moment when the number on the calendar changes and we realize that time is passing so quickly. The past, with all its joys and challenges, has already happened. The future, with its possibilities and hopes, has yet to come. But this moment, right now, is what is real. Let's all take a deep breath and just be in this moment with these people. I'm grateful to be sharing this New Year's Eve with you.
New Year's Toast to Future Success
The past year is over. The mistakes, the hard times, the triumphs, and the moments of joy - those all exist in the past. Tonight is our chance to look forward. Here's to a year of tackling challenges and of coming up with innovative new ideas. Here's to a year of persistence and perseverance. With enough determination, we can do anything. Here's to the year ahead! May yours be one of success, however you define it. Happy New Year!
Your Toast Will Be Great
No matter how you're celebrating, it's fun to usher in the new year with the perfect toast. If you still need some ideas, look into New Year's quotes from famous people. These can offer extra inspiration for your toast. And remember, no matter what you say, it's going to be great.