If you can be anything in this world, choose to be kind. You'll never regret spreading love and joy to another human being. These kindness quotes are the perfect little reminders to spread kindness wherever you go — because if there is one thing that the universe can always use more of, it's compassion for others.
Unless otherwise noted, all quotes are original and written by LoveToKnow Staff.
Acts of Kindness Quotes to Help You Think of Others
Random acts of kindness are an amazing way to make strangers and loved ones feel truly seen and valued in this world. By taking the time to recognize another human being, you are potentially changing the entire outlook for their day. These "being kind" quotes can serve as inspiration for engaging in these meaningful types of acts.
- Be the match that lights a fire of change in this world.
- An act of kindness is far more meaningful than any material gift.
- Ripples turn into waves, so never be afraid to throw the rock.
- Be extraordinary with your ordinary acts of kindness.
- Acts of kindness are the seeds of change that the world needs to be a better place.
- When you carry out acts of kindness, the only reward you should expect is joy.
- There is no such thing as a small act of kindness. The impact is always greater than you will ever realize.
- Nothing is more extraordinary than a simple act of kindness.
- When you engage in small acts of kindness, you make a person feel seen, heard, and valued. Sometimes their struggle may seem small, but that decision to act anyway can make all the difference in the world.
Short "Be Kind" Quotes to Keep You Accountable
If you're like me, you need little reminders of all the things you need to do in the day. Short kindness quotes fit perfectly on a Post-it. Write out a few of these "be kind" quotes and place them throughout your home, office, and even in your car. One quick glance can motivate a kind action!
- Above all, we need kindness in this world.
- Be a blessing in someone's life.
- Kindness costs nothing, but is worth everything.
- A small act of kindness often means the world to another.
- Kind people are my kind of people.
- Choose love, always.
- Kindness is the way a person shows their soul.
- Be an artist whose primary medium is kindness. Paint the world with your goodness.
- You will never look back and wish you hadn't been kind.
The world is filled with so much uncertainty, but one thing is for sure — kindness is always welcome.
Inspirational Kindness Quotes to Help You Make a Difference
Kind gestures can be both big and small. For folks who are looking for the motivation to be more charitable throughout the year, inspirational "be kind" quotes can be the perfect spark to ignite a fire of change!
- Kindness looks past a person's surface and focuses on their soul.
- If you want to live in a world that sparkles, sprinkle kindness like glitter.
- A better tomorrow only comes when considerate actions are made today.
- Kindness doesn't just solve simple struggles. It heals the wounds we cannot see.
- Every act of kindness is a flower that grows in the garden of your soul.
- The most meaningful gifts are the ones that come with no strings attached.
- Unexpected moments of compassion are far more valuable than people realize.
- Karma speaks in tongues of kindness. What you put out in the universe will come back to you.
- Until you walk in a person's shoes, you don't know what battles they may face, so be kind and choose to put yourself second.
- If you truly want to judge a person's character, see how they treat those who can give them nothing in return.
- It can be easy to see that someone is struggling, but sometimes we miss when they are drowning, and small acts of kindness can be the breath of fresh air they need to start swimming again.
Positive & Uplifting Quotes About Being Kind on Hard Days
We all have rough days. When you feel as if the world isn't being kind to you, it can make it hard to even consider being kind to others. These kindness quotes can help you look past your situation so that you can spread joy to others.
- Indulge your soul and choose to be kind.
- Don't expect change to happen. Kindness begins with you.
- Be someone's sunshine on a cloudy day.
- There is nothing more beautiful than a kind soul.
- Choose to be the light in someone's darkness.
- Being kind is the ultimate act of inclusivity.
- Kindness is a seed, that when planted, grows a tree, and from the tree stems a forest of love and good.
- If you want to show kindness to a struggling parent, simply tell them they are doing a good job.
- Giving someone happiness when you are lacking joy can actually allow it to multiply.
- Don't think of kindness as what you have to give away, but rather, what you are willing to share.
"Choose Kindness" Quotes to Focus on What Matters Most
There is ugliness in this world, and it comes in unsuspecting packages — popularity and success can many times blur our vision and cause us to only focus on a goal. These kindness quotes are intended to help you look at your entire journey and remember to pause and choose kindness.
The people around you play a role in your story, so be kind along the way!
- Be the rainbow at the end of someone's thunderstorm.
- The most attractive quality a person can have is a kind soul.
- Take a moment to ask yourself every day, "Have I been kind today?"
- Be wise enough to know that kindness should come before anything else.
- Kindness is a gift you can give out every single day.
- Everyone's fighting some kind of battle, so be kind to all. You never know who it will help.
- Kindness is the sun that can brighten up the stormiest of moods.
- Sometimes, the easiest way to show kindness is to merely acknowledge a person's presence.
- You never know what someone else is enduring, so choose to be kind.
- Being kind is not about fixing what's broken, but rather acknowledging that someone could use a little help and just letting them know you are there.
"Spread Kindness" Quotes to Inspire You to Bring Change
Anyone can choose to be kind, but if you want to take it a step further, try to spread it! These "be kind" quotes are a challenge for you to make the world a better place and to let your actions motivate others.
- Kindness is contagious. Spread it.
- Be the stone that makes an endless ripple in the pond of life.
- Giving compassion is the greatest gift a person can grant another.
- Spread kindness like confetti.
- Be like The Rainbow Fish. Share your sparkle and watch the world change.
- Never underestimate the power of a smile. You give one away and many more will shared.
- Always ask yourself, "What can I do today to make someone smile?"
- Don't just look forward in life. Sometimes the greatest joys can be found in the places you are passing by. Once you find them, share them with others.
- Sometimes kindness shared by a stranger has the greatest impact because there is no obligation. #SpreadKindnessEverywhere
World Kindness Day is November 13th, 2023. This year, help to be the change and challenge others to engage in random acts of kindness throughout this November week!
Famous Kindness Quotes to Inspire You to Give Back
These famous kindness quotes are timeless words to live by. Best of all, no matter what your race, religion, or social background may be, most people can agree that choosing kindness is a good decision.
- "To kindness and love, the things we need most!" - Jim Carrey as The Grinch, How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- "Kindness is doing what you can, where you are, with what you have." - Raktivist, Random Acts of Kindness Foundation
- "How do we change the world? One single act of random kindness at a time." - Morgan Freeman and Steve Carell as God and Evan Baxter, Evan Almighty
- "Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel in order to be tough." - Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” - Audrey Hepburn
- "Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person's life." - Jackie Chan
- "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." - Ronald Reagan
- "We are the world, We are the children, We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving." - "We Are the World", U.S.A. for Africa
- "Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud." - Dr. Maya Angelou
- "Confusing kindness for weakness is a foolish mistake. It’s actually a sign of strength." - Jeremy Piven
- "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them." - Matthew 7:12, Bible
- "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, Bible
Find Joy in the Kindness You Show
We all think to be generous around the holidays, but we can challenge ourselves to find little ways to be kind every day. Kindness quotes are a tool for reminding yourself to be thoughtful. If you aim to be kind every day, you might be amazed at how much joy it can bring to your life.