Sometimes it feels like the world is against you in your love of single life. However, these being single quotes that celebrate the ups and downs of alone time can help you feel secure in your solitude.
Funny Being Single Quotes
Whether you're purposefully single or have found yourself without a partner, finding the time to laugh about the quirks of your extended alone time is important. These funny quotes about being single will not only make you laugh but will also remind you of the benefits of being by yourself.
- When you're single, you get to pick out your own nicknames for yourself.
- At least I've never had to kick my dog out of my bed for snoring.
- The only person I have to share my food with is me.
- Being single means getting to drink the whole bottle of wine.
- When you're single, you don't get woken up early by your partner's alarm they forgot they set.
- The only person that holds the key to my heart is the banker that deposits my check in my account every week.
- You're never better at the art of patience than you are when you're single.
- Jewelry has never quite looked so good on you than when you've bought it for yourself.
- Being single gives you the courage to make your own appointments.
- In-laws, who needs 'em?
- You'll never know true strength until you have to look your grandmother in the face and tell her that yes, you're still single.
- Dinner for two? Sounds more like leftovers to me.
- I'm single because I never got the memo that I was supposed to half of a person and not my whole self.
- Happily Ever After: the story of me and my dog.
- Some people may be a prize to be won, but me? I run the whole show
Celebrating Self-Love Quotes
Quotes about being single don't always have to be humorous as these heart-felt quotes expressing the joy of single life can attest to.
- Being single means making yourself your number one priority.
- There's no vacation like a solo vacation!
- No one can love you as unapologetically as you can yourself.
- When you don't have an 'other,' you're more open to feeling the love from everything around you.
- Being single means taking the time to make time for yourself.
- Singledom gives you the time to clean up your life before letting someone else in.
- Being single is like setting your life on simmer; your meal just needs longer to cook.
- On your birthday, you get to buy the gifts you actually wanted.
- Only when you're single do you get to not do laundry for two weeks and not feel bad about it.
- You get to stay out as late as you want when you're single.
- You learn that you can weather any storm when you're single.
- I may not be half of a relationship, but I am the whole package.
- You never have to share your pets with anyone when you're single.
- You enter and leave this world alone, so you might as well go ahead and get comfortable with the solitude of life.
Being Single Quotes About Digging Deep
Admittedly, being single can be hard from time to time, but these quotes can remind you that this time in your life gives you an incredible opportunity to get to know yourself better than ever before.
- When you're not investing in someone else, you've got double the time to invest in yourself.
- Learning to love yourself first is the smartest thing you can do for any relationship
- Being single means leaving the lights on for yourself.
- Love must first take root in yourself before it can blossom with someone else.
- You can stretch farther to reach for your dreams when you don't have something tying you down.
- Love is not kept in the heart of just one person.
- Your emotional well will never dry up when you're the only one drinking from it.
- Single life lets you search the whole world over to find yourself.
- Being single means never having to settle for less than you deserve.
- You're not single because you're hard to love, you're single because you love yourself harder than anyone else.
- True bravery is knowing that you have to fight for yourself before you can fight for someone else.
- Part of the path of finding yourself is knowing that you have to walk it alone.
- Being single isn't a life status, it's a stepping stone.
Notable Quotes About Being Single
Occasionally, it's best to leave everything to the experts. So, here are some celebratory and thoughtful quotes about being single from some of the most notable people around.
- If you truly want to be respected by people you love, you must prove to them that you can survive without them. - Michael Bassey Johnson
- Being brave enough to be alone frees you up to invite people into your life because you want them and not because you need them. - Mandy Hale
- Discover why you're important, then refuse to settle for anyone who doesn't completely agree.- Fisher Amelie
- You are the flame, not the moth. And your job is to burn with conviction. -Hedie Priebe
- He sleeps fastest who sleeps alone. - Richard Avedond
- The most profound relationship we'll ever have is the one with ourselves. - Shirley MacLaine
- I don't like to be labeled as lonely just because I am alone. - Delta Burke
- My alone feels so good, I'll only have you if you're sweeter than my solitude. - Warsan Shire
You Are the Most Important Person in Your Life
In a society that wants to constantly push people into relationships, it can be easy to forget how fulfilling being single can be. Remember to let these quotes bolster you in your single journey as you discover who you are and what that means for your future.