You don't have to live in the same town or — or even the same country — as your best friend to maintain a strong friendship. Even so, it can be challenging to live far away from your favorite people. Use long-distance friendship quotes to share your thoughts and feelings, or use these sayings to let your BFF know you're thinking of them from afar.
Unless otherwise noted, all quotes are original and written by LoveToKnow Staff.
Short Long-Distance Friendship Quotes
Want to remind a friend who's far away that you'll always be close, regardless of physical location? Send a quick text with a short quote or caption a photo of your friend group.
- Together in spirit.
- Friendship is everywhere.
- Our friendship is a fixture.
- Friendship outshines distance.
- True friendship never fades.
- Friendship endures distance.
- Friends know no boundaries.
- Geography can't keep us apart.
- Togetherness is a state of mind.
- Forever friends, no matter where.
Meaningful Quotes About Long-Distance Friends
The relationship between friends doesn't have to be dissolved by distance. These heartfelt quotes express that friends can stay connected even when separated by the miles.
- Friendship isn't based on geography.
- Miles only stretch the bond of our friendship further.
- Our friendship is not location-dependent.
- Love is the bridge that binds our friendship.
- Miles can't diminish the strength of friendship.
- The miles melt away when I hear your voice.
- Being far apart in miles doesn't dampen our smiles.
- Geography doesn't matter in a friendship like ours.
- Distance can't weaken the unbreakable spirit of our friendship.
- When we visit in person, the months apart will melt away, and it will be like we just saw each other yesterday.
- Every mile that separates us is a reminder of how strong our bond really is.
- You may be far away, but our hearts are closer than ever.
Quotes for Your Best Friends When You're Miles Apart
When you live far away from your closest compadre, long-distance quotes can let your true bestie know how you feel.
- Wherever life takes either of us, we will always be best friends
- No matter how far apart we are, you will always be my best friend.
- It's time to book a round trip for some best friend companionship!
- Best friends forever, always together, wherever either of us may go.
- True friendship is an emotional connection; it's not based on location.
- Best friends like me and you, we're stuck like glue our whole lives through.
- We might be separated by miles, but we are joined by deep and abiding friendship.
- You might not be my closest friend when measured in miles, but you're the closest to my heart.
- Distance can't change the memories we shared or the bond we built. We will always be best friends.
- Acquaintances may come and go, but best friends never leave your heart, even when they move away.
Sad Quotes About Missing Your Faraway Friends
Even though distance won't cause you to stop being friends with someone, it's okay to feel sad when you can't be together. Bittersweet long-distance friendship sayings can express how you feel.
- I wish my homie could come back home.
- I miss being able to just drop in for a visit.
- I miss being in your presence, my faraway friend.
- I know you're there for me, but I wish you could be here with me.
- Texting helps keep us connected, but it just isn't the same as being together in person.
- I am so happy for you and the life you've built, but I'm sad that it's so far away from me.
- Phone calls are great, but I long for the days we can share laughs and stories face-to-face.
Funny Long-Distance Friendship Quotes to Share the Laughs
For a more upbeat tone, consider sharing some cute quotes about being friends with someone who lives far away from you.
- Zoom will keep us together.
- Photoshop can bring us together.
- Let's Webex-ercise our friendship.
- You won't get rid of me just by moving away!
- We may be better together, but we're also awesome apart.
- I could really use a hug from you, but an all-night text session will have to do.
- Friends don't let friends go too long without a video chat.
- We’re proof that friendship knows no bounds, not even Wi-Fi signals.
- If thoughts were miles, we'd be right next door!
Create a fun Reel or TikTok with funny photos and videos of you and your long-distance bestie together. Post it and tag them as a fun surprise that'll definitely brighten their day. Don't forget to include a cute caption!
Sweet "Thinking of You" Quotes to Send to Friends
Sometimes all you want to do is wrap your arms around your best friend and let them know everything will be okay. If they’re not close enough for you to do that, send a sweet and caring message to let them know you’re thinking of them. Kind of like a hug for the soul.
- Sending you a long-distance high-five and lots of love.
- Life’s journey may have taken us down different paths, but our friendship remains as strong as ever. I love you, friend.
- You might be far from me physically, but you’re never far from my mind. Thinking of you!
- I’m thinking of you and the adventures we’ve shared, even though we’re miles apart.
- Reminders of you always bring a smile to my face!
- Our friendship is like a cozy blanket that keeps us warm no matter where we are.
- Just like a postcard, my thoughts of you travel across the miles. You’re in my heart and on my mind, friend!
- Sending you a pocketful of sunshine and warm fuzzies today.
Famous Quotes for Long-Distance Friendships
Music and literature can be great resources for meaningful words that express hard-to-say emotions. These sayings are particularly appropriate for long-distance friendships.
- "How I wish, how I wish you were here." - "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd
- "I'm only one call away/ I'll be there to save the day." - "One Call Away" by Charlie Puth
- "The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected." - The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
- "Wherever you go/ Wherever you may wander in your life/ Surely you know/ I always want to be there." - "Let Me Be There" by Olivia Newton-John
- "True friends stay with you no matter the distance or time that separates you from them." - Pop Salvation by Lance Reynald
- "Although we are miles apart/ If you ever need a helping hand/ I'll be there on the double just as fast as I can." - "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
- "Real friends were the kind where you pick up where you’d left off, whether it be a week since you’d seen each other or two years." - One Plus One by Jojo Moyes
- "When you're down and troubled/ And you need some lovin' care/ And nothin', nothin' is goin' right/ Close your eyes and think of me/ And soon I will be there." - "You've Got a Friend" by Carole King
Friendship Across the Miles
When you and your friends are separated by distance, the relationships will inevitably change. That doesn't mean that they'll fade or weaken, though. They may even grow stronger if you all commit to staying in touch and getting together whenever you can.
Maintaining long-distance friendships takes work, but it's absolutely possible to enjoy strong friendships across many miles, even if you're separated by an ocean or on different continents. Let your long-distance friends know how much you care by sharing special quotes, and look to "I miss you" quotes for even more sentiments.