Throughout your life, your sister is by your side, supporting you in the good times and bad. She'll always have your back, and the best sister quotes can spell that love out in a unique way. When you're young, she'll wake up early with you on Christmas morning to go see all the presents. When you're older, she's who you call to vent after a rough day at work. You can count on her to laugh at your jokes, and she cracks you up more than anyone you know. She is the only other person who understands your crazy family like you do. Most importantly, she knows your darkest secrets and your best qualities.
Let your sister know how much she means to you with funny and meaningful quotes about sisterhood. From humorous to thoughtful, these short sister quotes celebrate sisters and how they shape us through sweet, inspirational, and beautiful words.
"I Love My Sister" Quotes
Is your sister also your best friend? She's your trustworthy confidant who knows how to make you smile, and even when she annoys you, the love is still there underneath. We'd call that best friend material. Tell her how much you adore her with sister love quotes that touch on the personal aspects of your relationship. Sometimes those more emotional sister quotes are just right for a special occasion, or as a more meaningful way to say "I love my sister."
- Sister, I love our differences as much as our similarities.
- People come and go from our lives, but sister love lasts longer than any other love we know.
- Sister, I love you anyway.
- If all I have in my life is a sister who loves me, I consider myself rich. Life would be so barren without a loving sister to share the many precious moments.
- She's my steadfast friend, my support when I am weak, and my cheerleader when I am discouraged. I can't imagine life without my best friend, my confidante, my sister.
- I love my sister because she is all the things I'm not, and she brings out the things I am that she isn't. I bring out the best in her, and she brings out the best in me. It is one of the few, lifelong relationships that completes who I am.
- We bonded over games, late-night movies, pillow fights, and making fun of Mom and Dad. I can't imagine life without you, dear sister. I love you more than words could ever express.
- A sister is like a magical mirror where we can see who we truly are on the inside. She sees the best in us and brings out the strongest of emotions. She is often the first person our age that we love and is a friend for life.
- When we were little, you loved to get into my stuff. How many tubes of lipstick did you ruin trying to look like your big sister? How many times did you beg and plead until I'd play with you, even when I was too grown up? I took you along with me even though sometimes I didn't want to because I knew we were growing up and I knew that one day my little sister would have friends and activities of her own and I would no longer be such a hero to her. Today, we are both grown and I'm so glad we had those moments. Even though we drove each other crazy at times, I have always been proud to call you sister.
Short But Meaningful Sister Quotes to Show Your Support
No one supports each other like a pair of sisters. While she has your back, it's also your job to have hers. You'll be her strength in her darker moments, and vice versa. Use these meaningful sister quotes to tell her you're there when she needs you. These inspirational sayings evoke the beautiful nature of sisterhood in fresh words, calling out the love and support sisters share in a powerful way.
- If you mess with one sister, you should know there's another sister out there who has her back.
- Having a sister means I always travel with back-up.
- Sister, no matter how difficult it gets, no matter how much we fight, I'm your forever friend.
- Relationships come and go, and sometimes, people don't recognize our beauty and worth. But sister, I'll always be here to tell you how you shine.
- Sister, when we stand together, nothing else stands a chance.
- Sometimes, a good talk with my sister is all the therapy I need.
- A sister is the person you can turn to who will support you, but still be honest.
- Sister, there is no problem we can't solve when we're together.
- Going through a rough time in life has one great advantage; it teaches you how much your sister really has your back.
- Sister, I've seen your strength all my life, and I will never stop believing you can slay dragons if you wish to.
Cute and Sweet Sister Quotes
It's okay to get sentimental when it comes to your sister. Some of the best sister quotes are the ones that get a little sappy; after all, there's tons of emotional energy and big feelings from years of the two of you going through life's ups and downs together. Though you may laugh a lot and occasionally bicker, it's still important to get serious once in a while and remind her that she really does mean a lot to you. Add these sweet and cute sayings to your arsenal of cute family quotes to give her some love and tell her how you feel.
- Sisters may drive you crazy, get into your stuff and irritate you. However, if anyone else dares say so, a sister will defend you to the death.
- A sister is the best person to call if you need to sing and dance your worries away.
- There's no such thing as boredom when you have a sister by your side.
- Sisters help make the hard times easier and the easy times more fun.
- My life got a whole lot better the day my sister was born.
- If you're ever feeling lonely, your sister is just a call away.
- You can have a full conversation with your sister without uttering a word.
- Sister, no matter how old we get, being with you is like being a little girl again.
- The best gift Mom and Dad ever gave me was you.
- She's not just my sister, she's my best friend.
- Sister, you are my human diary. You know all my secrets and the deepest wishes of my heart.
- We start our sentences with "remember when" and end our days with a chat on the phone. As children, we fought and argued over everything, but as adults, we are the very best of friends. You are the one person I have always been able to count on and I love you more with each year that passes, my first and dearest friend.
- Sister, we share so many moments that no one else will understand. We laugh at inside jokes, have our own catchphrases, and understand each other's joy and pain. I can't imagine anyone who would make a better best friend than you, and I'm so happy to have you in my life.
Short and Funny Quotes for Sisters
One of the best things about having a sister is that you usually find the same things hilarious, and all it might take is a few short quotes about sisterhood to get her laughing so hard she's crying. Does your sister share your sense of humor? If she loves funny sibling quotes and poems, make her laugh with these short sayings. Don't hesitate to use a favorite nickname for your sister if you have one, too, as you share these funny quotes about sisterhood.
- I know what you did, and I will tell Mom!
- As far as sisters go, you're the best there is, but I'm still the favorite.
- If you think I'm high maintenance, you should see my sister.
- Little sisters - the only person in the world you can blame for the things you did and get away with it.
- A sister is like a great bra - totally beautiful and super supportive.
- You're my sister and my best friend. If you think otherwise, just remember I know all your secrets.
- If you trip and fall in life, I will be there to help you up - after I quit laughing.
- When you have a sister, you never truly forget the past. If you do, she'll be happy to remind you of all your stupidest mistakes.
- Our crazy family tree - we're just two nuts who survived it together. Love you, sis.
- No matter how hard you try, sisters are the friends you can never get rid of.
- Yeah, my sister scares me a little bit, but that's part of what I love about her.
Beautiful and Inspirational Sisterhood Quotes
There are lots of reasons why family is important, and sisters have a meaningful bond. These beautiful words for your sister will warm her heart and make her feel loved. A special occasion might call for a saying like this, or you might just be feeling nostalgic about your childhood or sentimental about the things the two of you have gone through together in life. Share one of these emotional sister quotes that reflect on a bond that's unlike any other.
- When you're feeling lost, your sister will help guide you home.
- Being without your sister is like being without your heart and soul.
- A sister is a special type of angel on earth who brings out your best qualities.
- My sister is an angel always looking over me.
- A sister reaches a place in your heart that no one else can access.
- No matter how high the mountain, your sister will be there climbing next to you.
- A sister knows exactly what you're feeling, even when you try to hide it.
- When seeking guidance, you need not go any further than to your sister's doorstep.
- A sister sees you in all your different phases of life, and loves you through each of them.
Big Sister Quotes and Sayings
Don't stop with cute or witty sister sayings; personalize nice things to say to your sister with a tailored phrase that speaks to the beautiful dynamic of your relationship. After all, the big sister-little sister relationship really is something unique and special. The big sister might be in charge, and usually has to set a good example for her little sidekick. These older sister quotes describe it well. No matter what you've been through together, these quotes about a big sister can bring it to life:
- You better watch out! I have a big sister, and I'm not afraid to use her!
- I've learned so many great lessons in life by watching my big sister make mistakes.
- A big sister is your role model from the day you are born.
- When we were little, you always watched out for me, big sis. You protected me from others, played with me even when you'd outgrown play time, let me tag along even though you didn't really want to, and were simply the best big sister ever. I love you and am so glad that we are sisters.
- My big sister is my hero.
- Being bossy is just how big sisters show their love.
- An older sister is a protector and a confidante, the one who has your back no matter what.
- Having an older sister lets me stay the baby sister all my life.
- Annoying your big sister is just another way to show your love.
- Another year, and you're still older than me! Ha ha!
- I'm the big sister, and I make the rules.
Little Sister Quotes
Whether you are the little sister or you have one, you know that little sisters can be misunderstood at times. They usually just want to hang out and be as cool as their older siblings! These little sister sayings speak to the special position of being or having a younger sis.
- As your little sister, it's kind of my job to push your buttons sometimes.
- Your little sister is always the best audience for your jokes.
- A little sister teaches her older siblings responsibility and a whole lot of patience.
- My little sister is my mini-me, and it's my job to show her the way.
- Little sisters might be annoying sometimes, but we can't help but love them!
- You can always count on your little sister to be your number one fan!
- Even if your little sister is different from you, she'll be your bestie for life if you let her.
- A little sister is first in line to be your best friend.
- Though your little sis can be a pest, she probably just wants to impress you.
- Being a little sister is hard. You just want to be as cool as your older siblings.
- As your little sis, I thank you in advance for letting me borrow your cool clothes.
- The younger sister might have less life experience, but she can gain a lot of wisdom just from watching her older siblings.
- Little sisters get what they want, so you should probably keep yours on your good side.
Step-Sister Quotes to Show Your Love
Having a step-sister means having a sister relationship that isn't defined by blood. That doesn't mean you won't be just as close as related sisters, in fact, sometimes the step-sister bond is even stronger. Use a sister love quote just for that special step-sister relationship to express how you feel and let her know how glad you are that she's part of your family.
- When our parents got married, we're the ones who got a wedding gift: each other.
- Step-sister, you are the sister of my soul.
- Some kinds of sister-love are stronger than blood.
- Sister, we've made our own family, and I'm so lucky to have you in it.
- Sister, you may not share my DNA, but you share my heart.
- Finding each other has been a journey, but you'll be my sister for the rest of my life.
- Happiness is having a step-sister like you.
- Chance brought us together, but nothing will ever tear us apart.
- Even though we're joined by choice instead of blood, you're the best choice my mom (or dad) ever made.
- Step-sister, I am there for you every step of the way.
Sweet Brother to Sister Quotes
Brother quotes can be powerful and meaningful, too. Brothers and sisters have a unique and sometimes hilarious relationship. You'll likely be each other's pests at times, but you'll also be each other's biggest fans. If you're looking for nice things to say to your sister, but can't quite find the words to share your love, use these short sister quotes for inspiration.
- I know we tease each other all the time, but I'm serious when I tell you that my life is better with you in it.
- Being your brother means being there for you. Period.
- Sister, I know I tried to sell you in third grade, but I'm so glad no one was willing to pay five dollars. You're worth a lot more to me now.
- Being your brother is an honor I didn't ask for, but I'm proud of it every day.
- My sister has an awesome brother.
- Sister, you taught me how to fight and how to love.
- Without a sister like you, my childhood would have been boring.
- My sister is my best friend.
- Sister, you laughed at me so much growing up. Because of you, I know how to laugh at myself.
- My sister defines what it is to be a strong, beautiful person.
Famous Quotes About Sisters
Famous people have sisters too, and some of them have shared words of wisdom about this important relationship. Check out these sweet words from celebrities and notable women about the special bond of sisterhood.
- "We have our own unspoken language--a look that makes one of us fall on the floor laughing or the slight inflection in our voice that conveys everything. Someone who sees you exactly as you are and thinks that is enough." - Barbara Bush
- "As I grew up, one of my strongest allies was my sister." - Patti Smith
- "I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at." - Maya Angelou
- "My sister taught me I should speak my mind." - Beyonce Knowles in Flawless
- "There's nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister." - Tia Mowry
- "She's the toughest player I ever played in my life, and the best person I know." - Serena Williams
- "A sister is both your mirror and your opposite." - Elizabeth Fishel
- "I grew up believing my sister was from Neptune and had been sent to earth to kill me." - Zooey Deschanel
- "Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship." - Margaret Mead
- "My sister and I are as different as night and day and we look at the world differently. But, we listen to each others' complaints and the joys with open arms. I am there for her and she is there for me and there is an unbreakable bond." - Angela Cartwright
- "She's (Mary-Kate) the most grounded, brutally honest and compassionate person … and my best friend. She's loving and consistent." - Ashley Olsen
Discover Beautiful Quotes About Sisterhood
Finding the perfect words to describe how you feel about your sister can take time because every relationship is unique. Whether you want to show your sister your love on her wedding day in a speech or card, send her a special birthday message, or use beautiful quotes for sisters in a scrapbook, there are lots of options to choose from. You might want to share an emotional sentiment with an inspirational quote for a little sister from a big sister, or make your BFF laugh with funny sister quotes. Start off a sister bonding activity by sharing your love through meaningful "I love my sister" quotes, or shoot off a short, cute sister saying in a text when she's having a bad day. Read through each of these quotes celebrating sisterhood, and then decide what feels most like you and your sis. After all, such a special relationship deserves a special saying.