Let's face it - parenting isn't easy. It's an ongoing journey that's filled with ups and downs. As parents, we often need to learn from our mistakes, forgive ourselves, and move on. These parenting quotes for hard times can help lift you up in those moments when you're feeling overwhelmed. Give yourself some slack and remember that those challenging moments won't last forever.
Parenting Is Hard: Quotes That Get Real About It
Parenting is a difficult job, and there's no perfect blueprint or guidebook for all the situations parents face day to day. Use some of these parenting quotes to help you through those tough times with your children, or share with a mom friend who needs a reminder that the struggles of parenting are real, and she's not alone.
- Being a parent is not a competition. Just doing it is difficult enough.
- There's no right or wrong way to be a parent. It's hard enough as it is without comparing yourself to others.
- Our children expect us to be loving, not perfect.
- If your child has never been mad at you, you're not doing it right.
- Children act by example; so act by example, even on the hardest of days.
- Parenting has no handbook.
- If you feel like you're failing, you're probably doing it right.
- Being a parent involves a never-ending sequence of tasks that prevent you from focusing on anything else.
- Parenting means putting your child above everything else in the universe. It's not easy, but somehow parents do it.
Inspirational Parenting Quotes to Get Through the Challenges
Being a perfect parent isn't really attainable; but children need love more than they need perfection. These quotes can remind you that while being a parent is truly hard, you're probably doing so much better than you give yourself credit for. Find inspiration to get through the next challenge with these gentle reminders.
- Parents grow and learn as their children grow and learn. Take it one moment at a time and you'll find an unparalleled connection.
- There's no way to be a perfect parent, but there are plenty of ways to be a caring one.
- Parenthood means experiencing difficulties, but breaking through them anyway.
- There is no bond quite like the one between a parent and their child.
- Don't strive for perfection, strive for tranquility.
- Don't beat yourself up when you have a hard a hard day. Instead, pat yourself on the back and keep going.
- To your child, you are a superhero.
- The way you see yourself and how your child sees you are two very different things.
- Balancing work and children seems impossible, but you do it every day!
Tantrum Quotes for When You Need to Count to 10
Tantrums can be overwhelming, but there are ways to get through them. These quotes can help you remember that the meltdowns won't last - and they're not always a bad thing!
- When your child has a tantrum, remember how you feel inside your own head on the hard days.
- Tantrums are a child's way of expressing how they feel.
- If your child has a temper tantrum, count to ten and remember they are learning how to explain the way they're feeling.
- Tantrums are a child's way of speaking to you about their discomfort.
- Rather than scolding for a tantrum, ask yourself what your child is trying to tell you.
- Even though tantrums are hard to handle, be happy your child feels secure enough to have one.
Funny Quotes Only a Parent Understands
Even through the breakdowns, parenting can be hilarious. It might not be funny at the moment, but looking back on your worst parenting days can give you a good laugh.
- Cleaning your house with children is like trying to mop outside while it's raining.
- Just when you think everything is smooth sailing, the waves crash in.
- Being a parent means falling asleep and having your child wake you up 5 minutes later.
- Children are exhausted until it's bedtime; then they're starving and haven't eaten in days.
- Having children means never sleeping again.
- If you want to worry every moment for the rest of your life, become a parent.
- Trying not to laugh when your child does something bad is one of the hardest things to do.
- Ignoring a temper tantrum is like trying to avoid a tsunami that's staring in your face.
- Being a parent is like being an around-the-clock teacher, but you don't get paid.
- Parenting is watching your child do something you did and trying not to giggle.
Famous Parenting Quotes Because Celebrity Moms Struggle Too
There are lots statements from celebrities that show they're no different than we are; especially when it comes to being parents. Embrace the beauty of parenthood, even on the hard days, with these inspiring quotes.
- Speak with your children as if they are the wisest, kindest, most beautiful humans on earth, for what they believe is what they will become. -Brooke Hampton
- There is no way to be a perfect parent and a million ways to be a good one. -Jill Churchill
- Hugs can do great amounts of good - especially for children. -Princess Diana
- Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. -Elizabeth Stone
Getting Through the Hard Days
Now, there's no denying that parenting is hard. And while it can be incredibly rewarding, it can also be incredibly stressful. There are days when all the joys of being a parent seem to pale in comparison to the stress of everything else going on in your life. But in those moments when things feel like they're falling apart, it's important to remember how much you love your children. And why you chose to parent them in the first place!