Graduation is a huge milestone! While anyone can pick out a Hallmark card with a kitschy congratulations comment inside, it's much more meaningful when the sender takes the time to craft a personal sentiment that truly expresses how proud they are of the graduate. When parents, relatives, and friends take the time to do this, it can have a positive impact on the graduating teen. For those folks who find themselves at a loss for words, we've compiled a grade A list of phrases to write in a high school graduation card!
Graduation Card Messages Perfect for a High School Grad
Just like yearbook quotations, graduation card messages can be happy, funny, honest, and inspirational. There are many types of high school graduation card messages that show the graduate how much you care about them. Here's a roster of the top comments to consider!
Congratulations Messages for a High School Graduate
A high school graduation is a joyous occasion. Write a note that celebrates all their hard work by saying:
- We are so excited to celebrate your accomplishments today and look forward to seeing what your future holds.
- We share in your happiness on this very special day. We are so thrilled for you!
- You've accomplished so much during high school and I am so pleased to celebrate your successes with you.
- Your high school graduation deserves to be celebrated! We are so happy to do so with you!
- I'm so glad to be here with you today celebrating your graduation!
- Cheers to four more successful years! We cannot see the amazing things you do in college. Congrats on making it to this momentous milestone.
- We could not feel happier watching you walk down the aisle to graduate. We are so impressed by your accomplishments.
Funny Graduation Card Messages That Make the Grade
If you have a playful relationship with the graduate, you can write something funny in their card. After all, high school was hard, but there were likely lots of laughs too. You can say:
- I can't believe you are graduating from high school. No, really, I can't. Congrats - I never thought this day would happen!
- Wait, you graduated? How did that happen? Just kidding! All the best to you!
- If I had a penny for all the times I thought you'd get this far... well, I'd be quite poor. Congrats!
- I can't believe you're officially turning into a real grown up!
- What? It only took you four years to graduate high school? I lost money on that bet. Just kidding! You have always been a sure bet!
- Now that you've graduated high school, it's time to embrace your specialty... partying!
- I can't resist... ConGradulations!
- You made it this far! Now just don't poke your eye out when you throw your hat in the air! Congrats!
Sweet Graduation Card Sentiments
Write a touching card for the graduate to tell them how much you love them. A sweet note is perfect if you have a close relationship with the high schooler that's graduating. You can write:
- We hope you always cherish this special day. Congratulations to an amazing person!
- Today is your day! We look forward to celebrating your graduation with you!
- This is a day you will always remember and we hope you look back upon it fondly.
- You are a wonderful person and we hope your high school graduation is a special moment for you.
- You are about to embark on an incredible journey of self-discovery. Enjoy this amazing day and get ready for an exciting future.
- Savor this sweet memory. We are so touched that we get to be here with you on your graduation day.
- Breathe it in. You did it. We are so very proud of you. Enjoy your day. Tomorrow brings your next adventure!
- You can do anything you set your mind to - we can't wait to see what you think up next! Congrats grad!
Short High School Graduation Messages to Put in a Card
Sometimes it's best to keep things short and sweet. After all, it's been a long four years! You can say:
- Don't let the fear of the future keep you from making it the present.
- Thank you for including us today. Congrats on graduating!
- We can't wait to celebrate your high school graduation with you!
- Congrats to you for making it to this special day!
- We wish you the very best on your graduation day!
- Celebrating your hard work and determination! Congrats grad!
Words of Wisdom to Put in a High School Graduation Card
Starting out in the world after high school isn't always easy. Give the new grad some inspiration and wisdom with your well wishes in their card with phrases like these:
- Appreciate the little moments, be present, and stay humble: that's a recipe for success.
- High school wasn't the end of something: it's just the beginning. Stay true to who you are and you'll never go wrong.
- There is nothing you can't do: making it through high school proves it! Congratulations!
- Don't wait for the star - wish on anything you want and make it happen. I believe in you.
- If there's one thing life taught me - it's to always look forward. And remember that there are no mistakes you can't learn from.
- Everyone graduates from high school a little stronger. You're better prepared for your future than you think.
- After high school, you have so much ahead of you. Surround yourself with people who fully know you and love you. They'll help you overcome anything.
Graduation Card Messages From Parents or Grandparents
As a parent or grandparent, a graduation card is a great opportunity to tell your child or grnadchild how proud you are of them. Graduating high school can also be a bittersweet moment as you realize the teen you know and love is moving toward adulthood. Ideas of what to write might be cute, funny, or sentimental:
- May your dreams become your reality, your fears become be vanquished, and may your life be as bright as the sun.
- This day came so quickly. We are so very proud of you and what you have accomplished. We love you so much!
- Breathe in every moment of this incredible day. Congratulations on your high school graduation.
- Watching you graduate today is one of the happiest moments of our life. We are so proud of the person you have become.
- Oh, the places you'll go! We cannot believe that you are old enough to be graduating. You are such an amazing kid and we know that your future is bright.
- We always knew that you would do great things! Today comes as no surprise. You worked hard, you overcame, and you achieved your goals. We are so very proud of you!
- Cheers to a momentous occasion. We are honored to watch you graduate today and proud to be your parents!
- We are truly honored to be your parents/grandparents. You impress us every day with your kindness, strength, and determination. Congratulations on graduating today. We could not be more proud of you. We love you.
Graduation Messages for a Sister
Your sister graduating is a huge milestone for her. Tell her:
- Your time in high school was well spent. I hope the rest of your years have just as much success.
- You are the best sister in the entire world and I am so excited to celebrate your graduation with you today!
- Graduating high school is a wonderful accomplishment for a wonderful sister! I love you so much!
- I hit the jackpot when it comes to siblings. So happy to be here celebrating your graduation with you!
- You have inspired me to be the best version of myself, and for that, I thank you. I know you will continue to make me proud to be your sibling as you embark on to the next phase of your life.
- I can't wait to see what your future has in store for you. You are truly an amazing person. Congrats on this momentous day!
- I am so proud of you, big sis! You are such a great role model. I can't believe that I will soon be in your shoes!
Graduation Card Sentiments for a Brother
When your brother graduates, you can tell him:
- I remember that time we sat on the swings and thought we were invincible. I hope the rest of your life feels like that!
- Your high school accomplishments are something to be very proud of. I am truly inspired by you and I can't wait to see what you do as you enter into this next chapter of your life.
- Congrats on graduating today. I feel so blessed to be here celebrating your high school career with you.
- Knowing I have you as a brother makes me feel beyond lucky. I hope you feel extra special today as we all support your incredible accomplishments!
- I hope I can be there for you as much as you've been there for me. You really are the best brother! Today we celebrate this epic milestone and party!
- I am over the moon excited for you today and can't wait to follow in your footsteps. You're the best and I love you so much!
Graduation Wishes for a Friend
When a friend graduates, it's a great opportunity to wish them well. If you've been through high school together, you have plenty of ups and downs that connect you. Things to say or write in a card to a friend graduating might be:
- They say that the future is only what you make of it. I'm confident that you'll use your skills to make yours amazing.
- Congratulations on making it through high school! I look forward to seeing how much more you accomplish in the future!
- I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop - we can't actually be graduating!
- Growing up and going to high school with you was an adventure. I'm so glad to have the experience of graduating with you too!
- I never thought this day would happen. I still remember trading lunches on the playground and now we have diplomas. Thanks for everything over the years and congrats!
- You've been an incredible friend throughout our high school years and I am so excited to celebrate your graduation with you.
- WE DID IT! Can you believe we made it through ________ class? So proud of you and so thankful to have you as a best friend!
- Ready for our next adventure! Can't wait to graduate with you again from ____________!
- Is there anything you can't do? Congrats on your big day! We will miss you next year!
Graduation Wishes for When You Can't Attend
Just because you can't watch this momentous occasion in person doesn't mean you can't celebrate them in spirit!
- Sending love and congrats from afar! You did it! Enjoy this day!
- Don't think we won't be celebrating your big milestone when I see you next! This is one for the yearbooks!
- Thinking of you from afar on this important day! It is the first day of the rest of your life, and we cannot wait to see where you land!
- I am so sad that I can't be there for you on your high school graduation day, but I will be cheering you on as you walk the stage in spirit! Here's to you grad!
- We are overflowing with pride! You have accomplished so much! We wish we could be there cheering you on, but know that we are immensely honored to have such an intelligent nephew/niece/granddaughter/grandson and we are celebrating you in spirit!
Tips on What to Write in a High School Graduation Card
Knowing what to say or write in a card to a high school graduate just starts with a little thought. Personal touches are always a terrific idea when writing high school graduation card sentiments. However, if you truly want to elevate your message, there are a few other things to include:
Start with their name or a nickname you use for them. This makes the message more personal. You can also start it off with an inspirational quote from a book, song, or movie you know they love.
Recognize Their High School Success
Next, acknowledge the hard work they put in! School doesn't come easy for everyone. Other students juggle an array of activities while maintaining a high GPA. Make sure they know that their efforts were noticed.
Wish Them Well on Their Next Chapter
After noting your excitement and pride for the graduate, take the time to acknowledge their future endeavors! What are they doing after high school? Are they going to college? Do they plan to attend a trade school or certificate program? Is their next step traveling across Europe? No matter what the plan may be, express your enthusiasm for their new adventure.
Share Words of Wisdom
You can also consider sharing some words of wisdom. Remind them to enjoy the coming years and to dip their toe in an array of activities. Who knows, they may find a few more passions while pursuing their current career goals.
Close Your Card With Care
How you end the card will depend on your relationship with the graduate. If you're close, you can put in some loving sentiments about how proud you are of them and how much they mean to you. If you aren't as close, something as simple as 'Good Luck' or 'Best Wishes for the Future' and your name is fine.
Be Thoughtful in Your Message
Take your time when writing your high school graduation card messages for your friend or loved one. You may not realize it, but your words can make a meaningful imprint on the graduate and even inspire them as they enter their next chapter in life!