Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, but how much do you actually know about this jolly holiday? Christmas trivia printables can be a great way to test your yultide know-how and be claus-itive about who is the King or Queen of Christmas! Best of all, this Christmas trivia is tailored for the whole family!
Free Christmas Trivia Printable
From popular music and movies to history and traditions, this Christmas trivia covers the biggest headliners of the holiday. Use our Christmas trivia printable as a fun holiday party game that players fill out or play a round robin game by simply reading aloud the Christmas trivia questions listed below!
To download and print the Christmas trivia questions and answers, you will need Adobe. If you need help downloading the printable, check out these helpful tips.
Festive Christmas Trivia Questions
Most people make Christmas movies a part of their annual Christmas traditions. How close were you paying attention over the years?
- Including Rudolph, how many reindeer pull Santa’s sleigh?
- What was the name of the magician in Frosty the Snowman?
- How many “drummers drumming” are there in the song “The 12 Days of Christmas?”
- What does Alvin the Chipmunk want for Christmas in “The Chipmunk Song?”
- What does Ralphie want for Christmas in the movie A Christmas Story?
- How many ghosts visit Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol?
- Where does the Grinch live?
- Where did the McCallister family go on vacation when they left Kevin alone in Home Alone?
- What city was the baby Jesus born in?
- What three gifts did the wise men bring the baby Jesus?
- How did the shepherds find baby Jesus?
- Which state produces the most Christmas trees?
- What is the name of the elf who wants to be a dentist in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?
- The movie Miracle on 34th Street takes place in what city?
- Who kisses Lucy in A Charlie Brown Christmas?
- In the movie It’s a Wonderful Life, how did George Bailey become deaf in one ear?
- What Christmas carol includes “figgy pudding?”
- What fruit does Santa’s nose look like?
- What is the name of the main character in Elf?
- Who kept time with the Little Drummer Boy when he played his drum for baby Jesus?
Christmas Trivia Answers
Is there Claus for celebration? Or do you need to rewatch these classics a few more times? Let's find out!
- Including Rudolph, how many reindeer pull Santa’s sleigh? Nine
- What was the name of the magician in Frosty the Snowman? Professor Hinkle
- How many “drummers drumming” are there in the song “The 12 Days of Christmas?” Twelve
- What does Alvin the Chipmunk want for Christmas in “The Chipmunk Song?” A hula hoop
- What does Ralphie want for Christmas in the movie A Christmas Story? A Red Ryder BB Gun
- How many ghosts visit Ebenezer Scrooge in A Christmas Carol? Four (Jacob Marley, and the ghosts of Christmas present, past, and future)
- Where does the Grinch live? Mount Crumpit outside of Whoville
- Where did the McCallister family go on vacation when they left Kevin alone in Home Alone? Paris, France
- What city was the baby Jesus born in? Bethlehem
- What three gifts did the wise men bring the baby Jesus? Gold, frankincense, and myrrh
- How did the shepherds find baby Jesus? They followed a bright star
- Which state produces the most Christmas trees? Oregon
- What is the name of the elf who wants to be a dentist in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer? Hermey
- The movie Miracle on 34th Street takes place in what city? New York City
- Who kisses Lucy in A Charlie Brown Christmas? Snoopy
- In the movie It’s a Wonderful Life, how did George Bailey become deaf in one ear? He caught a bad cold after jumping into icy water to save his brother’s life.
- What Christmas carol includes “figgy pudding?” “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”
- What fruit does Santa’s nose look like? A cherry
- What is the name of the main character in Elf? Buddy
- Who kept time with the Little Drummer Boy when he played his drum for baby Jesus? The ox and lamb
More Holiday Trivia for Adults
Online games and trivia questions are fun to do by yourself, with another person, or with a group. Christmas trivia printable games can help make holiday parties festive and interactive.
Online Christmas Trivia Options
Play trivia games or answer questions online to increase your holiday knowledge and have some festive fun during the Christmas season.
- RiverSongs has a list of 75 online Christmas trivia questions covering everything from holiday history to music and Christmas gift traditions. Hover your mouse over the "A" to find answers to these Christmas trivia questions.
- Christmas Decorations and Gifts Store has an assortment of trivia facts that test your knowledge on the history of Christmas.
- Brownie Locks has questions focusing on popular Christmas carols. To find out the answers, run your cursor over the "fa" and "la" notes.
- Surfnetkids.com, Inc. has clever questions inspired by the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- BibleQuizzes.org.uk has a list of trivia questions regarding the religious aspect of the Christmas celebration. Don't forget to enter a name, or you won't be able to get your score.
- Christmastrivia.net has holiday trivia for the whole family. See who knows their stuff when it comes to Christmas music, trees, movies, and more!
- Bingo Bongo Learning has a 10-question online quiz all about Christmas. Hover over the question, and the answer is readily revealed.
Printable Christmas Trivia Games
Printable games might be a better option to play at a large gathering. These websites offer excellent options to entertain your holiday guests.
- Reindeer Land has nine different printable games listed in their selection of quizzes. You may have to search a bit to find the red-underlined link to the printable pages with questions and answers. Most questions have a high level of difficulty. There's a kids' printable and an interactive game as well.
- Trivia Champ offers a slew of trivia games for adults that you can print or play online. Select from the Flash, HTML, and PDF printable game options. Topics include Christmas food, Christmas music, Christmas television and movies, and general Christmas topics. Kids' games are also available on this website.
- ChristmasTrivia.net has a pdf printable with questions about popular Christmas movies and television shows.
Christmas Trivia Games for Kids
Since Christmas trivia questions intended for adults can be too difficult for kids to answer correctly, visit the following websites for trivia that's perfect for children:
- EmailSanta has an easy five-question trivia game for young children to enjoy.
- Quizzizz.com has general trivia geared towards kids. Just know that you have to set up a free account to participate.
- Braingle has 12 trivia questions covering popular children's Christmas songs.
- KidPrintables.com features trivia questions for older kids. However, since some questions may require research, this activity may be best for school parties.
- FunTrivia has a Christmas Bible game to help children learn more about the religious significance of the Christmas season. Choose to answer questions one at a time, all on one page, or play the timed version of the game.
- Free-for-kids.com offers a Christmas trivia game with challenging questions for older kids. It's laid out as a fill-in-the-blank questionnaire. Make it easier by offering the multiple-choice version to younger children. Some topics covered are Christmas customs, history, music, and movies.
- Knowalot.org offers an array of Christmas trivia games for kids of all ages. Subjects covered range from the birth of Jesus and Bible trivia to Christmas carols and traditions.
- Xmas Fun features 14 trivia game questions at varying difficulty levels for kids of all ages. Topics include Christmas movies, television shows, songs, and traditions. The "Santa Trivia" game is appropriate for very young children.
Holiday gatherings bring an array of ages together. Another fun way to have a trivia competition that involves everyone in the family is to use quizzes based on age and determine the winner by looking at the final quiz scores! We have Christmas quizzes for kids, teens, and adults to make your trivia nights merry and bright!
Make Memories With Christmas Trivia
Playing Christmas trivia games is a great way to make memories with your family and friends. They are a great icebreaker for holiday parties or a time filler before dinner or while waiting to open presents. This year, start a new tradition by incorporating a trivia game or two into your Christmas celebrations.