Traditionally, greeting cards are given with gifts to expecting parents, but in recent years, a new twist on the gifting tradition has emerged. Guests bring a baby book to the baby shower to start a new nursery library for the baby-to-be. To add to the sentimentality, you usually write a short message in the front cover addressing the family, the baby, and your well-wishes for their future. Knowing what to write in a baby shower book, especially if you're not very touchy-feely, can put even the most confident guest in a tizzy.
Thankfully, there are no strict rules for the messages you can write in the baby shower book you bring. Sweet and funny things can sit right alongside tear-jerking notes, each inscription in your colorful penmanship. You don't even have to be super close to the expecting family to include a lovely message for them in your favorite kid's book. In fact, there's a wealth of different types of messages out there to pick from, and a few examples will help you get it right.
What to Write in Baby Shower Books for Parents-to-Be
While the baby shower book is meant for the baby, it's the parents who'll be reading it repeatedly to them. So, a safe choice is to pick a book that speaks to the bond between a baby and their r parents, as these books will fit the message of love and support to the new parents that you leave in the front cover. Knowing just what to write in a book for a baby shower can be simple if you address the parents; encourage them in this exciting new journey and you'll hit the mark. Just like the perfect clever caption for baby photos, the right baby book message will be unforgettable.
Whether you're the loving grandma or a dear friend of the soon-to-be parents, when you're all out of clever quotes and sentimental phrases to support the new parents in your baby shower book, turn to these great examples:
- Another page turned in the book of life and in the book in your lap.
- They're finally here! Congrats on this newest chapter in life.
- Days are long, and years are short. Take precious moments to cuddle and read.
- Congrats on your new baby! Every single day of your life will become the greatest adventure you ever had.
- Fill your days of parenthood with love, memories, and so many stories.
- These days of parenthood are true page-turners.
- Just when you thought that you had already read every story, a baby came, and the genre of life completely changed.
- What wonderful parents you will be to this new character in your tale.
- Everyone wants to be the hero in the book, and to this baby, that role forever belongs to you.
- One more snuggle, one more book. This brand-new baby will have you hooked.
- As you are reading stories to your baby before bed, know that the look she gives you, the one boring into your soul, is the true look of complete and utter love.
- Hold her/him close. The long nights of rocking, cuddling, and reading won't last forever. Enjoy every minute of them.
- All that wishing upon stars worked. Your little dream is finally here.
Baby Shower Book Messages for Boys or Girls
This new baby boy or baby girl will bring so much joy to the lives of everyone around them, you included! Whether you're an aunt, grandmother, godparent, or best friend, you want to buy a baby book that highlights your wishes, hopes, and dreams for this new human, but don't stop there. You also want to know just what to write in a baby book to send a cute message that parents will be proud to read to their little one. Better yet, someday they'll rediscover that funny note or sentimental phrase you wrote them, and it'll fill their heart with joy. These examples of baby book inscriptions welcome the new bundle of joy with heartfelt emotion.
- We waited so patiently for you, sweet baby, and we can not wait to see the story of your life unfold.
- Baby, your arrival makes everyone believe that fairy tales really do come true.
- Little one, your arrival has certainly been the greatest plot twist to your parents' story.
- Grow your imagination, sweet baby, and never stop dreaming, learning, and living.
- Beautiful, bright, and full of light. Your arrival has brought so much joy to those around you already.
- While your tale is just beginning, we know that the story of your life will be epic.
- Darling baby, wishing you a lifetime of love, health, and adventure.
- Hoping you have a lifetime full of beautiful stories and sweet dreams, little one.
- You will move mountains without fail and we can't wait to hear about your life's tale.
- Here's to a life full of love, a world full of adventure, and shelves full of books.
- May you always find whatever it is you're searching for, dearest one.
- If you can choose to live anywhere, dear one, choose to live within the pages of a good book.
- Dream a little dream, read a little book, live a lot of life.
Children's Book Quotes Perfect for a Baby Shower Book
Sometimes the words that encapsulate the exact sentiment you'd like to share have already been written by the best talents in the literary business. Kids books offer a wealth of ideas for unique ways to stamp your feelings into a baby book in an original way. Pick out one or two meaningful quotes from the book you're gifting to inscribe in the first page as a special reminder. Here are just some baby book quote examples from the brightest writers in print.
- "We love you to the moon and back and around once more." - Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- "Little one, the world is your oyster. Grow big and strong and set the universe aflame." - The Wonderful Things You Will Be by Emily Winfield Martin
- "Darling, when you call, I'll come running." - The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- "When it comes to the family lottery, you hit the jackpot, little baby." - Welcome to the World by Steve Wilson
- "Wonderful baby, wish upon a star. Never forget you are loved for who you are." - I Wish You More by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- "Little caterpillar, grow big, learn lots and become the beautiful butterfly we know you can be." - The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
- "You're off to great places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting so…get on your way!" - Oh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss
- "We all can dance if we find the music that we love." - Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andeae
- "Inside all of us is Hope. Inside all of us is Fear. Inside all of us is Adventure. Inside all of us is - A Wild Thing." - Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- "Baby, if you can dream it, you can be it." - The Wonderful Things You Will Be by Emily Winfield Martin
Sweet Messages to Write in a Baby Shower Book for Anyone
Baby showers are treated much like graduations and weddings; you send out as many invitations as possible hoping that you're going to get a gift in return. If you find yourself heading to a baby shower for someone you're not that close with, this list full of generic sweet things to write in a baby book will impress the expecting parents and maybe pull a tear from their eye. Whether it's a storybook-themed shower or a traditional one with books instead of cards, these adorable messages will make anyone smile.
- I hope your family's story has a fairy tale ending.
- I've loved you since before I laid eyes on you, and I'll love you long after my eyesight's gone.
- Escape to these pages whenever you need a reminder that someone's always looking out for you.
- While you feed your baby's body, let these pages feed their mind.
- There are no better blessings than a baby on the way.
- Two of the best things come in small packages: babies and books!
- Sometimes, all you need to go on an adventure is a clear head and a book in hand.
Funny Things to Write in a Baby Shower Book
Coming up with funny things to write in a baby book isn't always easy, but the effort is well worth the smile you'll get when you're done. Having a baby is filled with big feelings, and you can help keep the emotional roller coaster heading towards lightness and laughter with a funny inscription in the baby book you gift for the shower.
- I can't wait to watch you grow to hate this book after reading it for the 17th time in a row for your bundle of joy.
- This book has exactly what you'll need on those sleep-deprived nights. Lots of pictures and few words.
- This book is a lot like your family. A sturdy cover and lots of joy to discover. Just don't lose your spine as your little one grows!
- Dear baby boy/girl/little one: The sooner you learn to read this, the better prepared you'll be to start applying for those college scholarships.
- Some people say life is an unwritten story, but what's wrong with it being like this children's book? Simple, colorful, and doesn't take too much work to figure it out.
- Dear baby: If I can give you a piece of advice as you grow up, it's this: You should never live without coffee, chocolate, and a good book.
- What do good books and good friends have in common? They'll both take you places you never thought you could go.
- When you get older, you may not remember everyone's names, but you'll always remember your favorite characters.
Personalized Notes to Write in a Baby Book
If you're scrambling to come up with something meaningful, personal, and that will impress the expecting family without looking like you're trying too hard, use these example inscriptions and personalize them with your own ideas. With these prompts, you'll end up with cute, creative notes to write in a baby shower book that takes little effort but shows plenty of heart.
- This was one of my favorite books as a kid. I loved it because ___________.
- Without books, I would never have achieved ____________ or learned ____________. Love books and you will soar.
- When I saw this book, I knew it would be perfect for your baby. It's __________ and __________, just like I know your little one will be.
- Books can be your best friends. They will never ____________ and always _________.
- Turning the pages of a book makes me remember just what is most important in life. _________ and _________.
- When you open the pages of a good book, it will _____________________.
- Never underestimate the power of a good book. It will __________________.
- Flipping through the pages of this book, I'm reminded of the best things in life: __________, __________, and ___________.
- Books are so much more than words on a page. Hold them close to your heart and _____________.
Your Words Will Last a Lifetime
When there's a baby on the way, there's so much to do - showers to plan, baby registries to explore, family to notify, cribs to build, and so on. Just like how late you waited to pick out the quote immortalized underneath your picture in your senior year book, figuring out the sweet message, funny note, or perfect inscription to put in the baby shower book may be at the bottom of your list. Personalize these examples or come up with your own creative message and you won't go wrong when you decide on exactly what to write in a baby shower book. As long as it's from the heart right from the start, the expecting family will love whatever message comes to mind, whenever you manage to write it down.