Expressing yourself on Valentine's Day isn't always easy, but all it takes to find the right words is a little inspiration. From sweet statements that will melt your heart to funny sayings that will make your special someone smile, these Valentine's Day quotes offer a little something for everyone. No worries if your beloved (or anyone else) has you a little tongue tied - we've got you covered.
Romantic Valentine's Day Quotes
It's pretty great to be able to share Valentine's Day with your someone. These romantic messages will help sum it up:
- You're the one I want to spend every Valentine's Day with.
- Happy Valentine's Day to the one who takes my breath away.
- The best gift of all is getting to spend this Valentine's Day with you.
- Can't think of any place I'd rather be than sitting across from you on Valentine's Day.
- How lucky am I to have you as my valentine? Happy Valentine's Day!
You can personalize a quote in a card or message by adding a little something extra about the person who will receive your valentine. Think of one specific thing you like about them (those eyes!) and mention it along with the saying you choose.
Quotes for Your First Valentine's Day Together
There's something extra exciting about your first Valentine's Day as a couple. Mark the milestone with some special words:
- This time last year, I had no idea how happy Valentine's Day could be.
- Celebrating Valentine's Day with someone like you is a dream come true.
- When I think about all the years I spent this day without you before we got together, it makes me realize what a miracle this year and our relationship really is.
- I hope this is just the first of many years with you as my valentine.
- I've never realized it until just now, but celebrating Valentine's Day with the one you love can be pretty incredible.
Valentine's Day Quotes for Friends
Sure, this is a holiday that's all about love, but it doesn't have to be love love. These non-romantic Valentine's Day quotes are perfect for friends:
- Relationships come and go, but you always have me when you need a date for Valentine's Day.
- Will you be my best friend and my valentine too?
- The perfect Valentine's Day is streaming a show with my bestie and eating a whole box of chocolates together.
- Happy Valentine's Day to the friend who knows me best.
- I'm so lucky to have a friend like you to love.
Short Happy Valentine's Day Quotes for Anyone
Quotes don't have to be long to be meaningful. These short sayings will work for anyone in your life or for any kind of love:
- Hope your Valentine's Day is sweeter than you could ever imagine.
- Love is all around, and today is all about love. Happy Valentine's Day!
- Happy Valentine's Day to someone who makes my life sweet.
- It's love day! Bring on the chocolates!
- Wishing you a day filled with lots of love.
Funny Valentine's Day Quotes
Any nice happy Valentine's Day quote will make someone smile, but it takes a special one to make them laugh too. These are great options if you need something funny:
- I don't need a latte in life - just you and a nice cup of coffee. Happy Valentine's Day!
- I love you a choco-lot. Oh wait. I meant "a lot." By the way, are those chocolates you're holding?
- Your first Valentine's Day together is when you get lingerie. Your 14th is when you get earplugs to block out the snoring. Both are romantic in their way.
- Valentine's Day is the perfect time to tell you that you have a really nice butt.
- They say that all you need is love, but I like Valentine's Day presents too.
Inspirational Quotes About Being Single on Valentine's Day
It's pretty easy to get caught up in the crazy spiral of getting a date for the big night. But trust us - self-love is really where it's at. Whether you're on your own or talking to someone who is, these positive Valentine's Day quotes can sum things up:
- Be the love of your own life - on Valentine's Day and every day.
- You deserve the best, so spring for the expensive chocolates this year.
- The sweetest love story should be the one we write about ourselves. Happy Valentine's Day!
- When you buy a bag of conversation hearts and know they're all things you could say to yourself, you're doing Valentine's Day right.
- I'm spending Valentine's Day with the real love of my life: pizza.
Quotes to Say Happy Valentine's Day From Famous People
Love is a constant in our world, and it's part of so many books, movies, songs, and even in the words spoken by notable people over time. Try a few of these quotes from well-known people if you want your Happy Valentine's message to stand out.
- "But I realize that taking a day out of our busy lives to celebrate the love in our lives is so important and should be every day. Celebrate love in your life - it's what makes the world go around." - Ian Somerhalder
- "Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering." - Nicole Krauss, The History of Love
- When you love someone, you love all of them... you gotta love everything about them, not just the good things but the bad things too. The things that you find lovable and the things you don't. - Shirley MacLaine as Estelle in Valentine's Day
- "My love/There's only you in my life/The only thing that's right... Endless Love, Lionel Richie & Diana Ross
- "All this mean I by Love, that my feeling
Astonishes with its wondrous working
So fiercely that when I on love do think
I know not well whether I float or sink." - Geoffrey Chaucer, Parliament of the Fowls
Love Quotes Always Work for Valentine's Day
If you're still looking for ideas, consider quotes about love. There are lots of sayings about loving your husband, expressing how you feel about your wife, or just sharing your feelings with that special someone in your life. Love is worth celebrating, and it's great that there's a day that's all about it.