So, you're single on Valentine's Day. Whether it's the first time or your umpteenth year without a date, there are plenty of reasons being unattached on February 14th is the best, including the fact that you get to spend the day doing exactly what YOU want. Flaunt your singlehood with a funny Valentine's Day quote for singles to express how you feel about the holiday.
Cute and Funny Valentine's Day Quotes for Singles
Between the overpriced dinners and images of diapered Cupids hurling arrows, there's a lot to laugh about on this holiday. Enjoy some funny quotes about being single on Valentine's Day while you dig into the box of chocolates you bought yourself. Don't worry, your secret's safe with us.
- I'm spending this Valentine's Day with my one true love: pizza.
- Valentine's Day: the holiday that means absolutely nothing to single people.
- I'm single by choice, not by chance! Happy Valentine's Day to me.
- Sure, today is Valentine's Day, but tomorrow is Half-Priced Candy Day!
- Cheers to being single and ready to mingle this Valentine's Day.
- I'm celebrating Valentine's Day Han's style… Solo.
- "Being single on Valentine's Day is terrible," said no one ever.
- Oh, I have a Valentine's date. It's with Netflix…
- I'm celebrating not having to celebrate Valentine's Day today. #single
- No partner, no problem. Happy Valentine's Day to me.
- Happy National "My Dog is my Boyfriend" Day
- I may be single on Valentine's Day, but at least my dog loves me.
- I'm only single on Valentine's Day because I haven't met anyone who could handle my awesomeness.
- Not having a date on Valentine's Day just means I get to spend more on making myself happy.
- Don't worry about me; I'll be enjoying every moment of this Valentine's Day doing whatever I want.
- I pepperonly have eyes for the pizza guy, who will be delivering the Valentine's Day gift I got myself any moment now…
- Just saved a bunch of money by staying single again this Valentine's Day. Score!
- I better practice my surprised face for when those flowers and chocolates I ordered myself show up… #single
- It's Valentine's Day, which means I get to buy myself exactly what I want.
- It's basically an unwritten rule that you have to spoil yourself when you're single on Valentine's Day.
- Being single on Valentine's Day doesn't mean I'm not going out for a delicious meal, it just means I won't have to share it with anyone.
Short Captions About Being Single on Valentine's Day for Instagram
Just because you are sans bae doesn't mean you can't post on Valentine's Day. Share a fabulous photo of yourself in all your single glory with a caption that embodies the freedom you feel today and every day. We've got some silly ones, along with a few downright savage single Valentine's Day quotes. Pick whichever resonates with you, then watch the likes flood in.
- Happy Valentine's Day? Nope, Happy ME Day!
- I don't need a Valentine. I need a nap.
- Rose are red, violets are blue, chocolate is cheaper than a dinner for two.
- Why fall in love when I can fall asleep?
- The one where I'm single on Valentine's Day.
- Dear Cupid: please send wine.
- I'm my own Valentine today. #single
- I plan on celebrating Valentine's Day by doing whatever I please.
- Happy Single's Awareness Day!
- I'm spending Valentine's Day with my favorite person: M.E.
- Call me a red cup because I'm spending this Valentine's Day Solo.
- Cupid's arrow missed this year, oh well. #singleonvalentinesday
- I move to rename Valentine's Day as "Self-Love Day." Who's with me?!
- Single and not looking. Happy Valentine's Day to me.
Valentine's Day Quotes for Single Friends
Why not say "Happy Valentine's Day" to all your single friends with a funny quote? Use one of these messages to shower your buddies with love in a text, as a caption on Instagram, or in a card. Whatever method you choose, they'll appreciate the gesture and get some laughs out of it.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, I don't need a Valentine because I have you.
- Let's celebrate not having to celebrate Valentine's Day.
- I may not have a life partner, but I have a partner in crime. Happy Valentine's Day, friend!
- Fries before guys. Happy Valentine's Day to my best spuddies!
- Happy Galentine's Day to all my single ladies.
- Who needs a Valentine when you complete me? Happy Valentine's Day, B.F.F.
- Wishing a very happy Valentine's Day to my squad. You're all I'll ever need!
- Happy Independent Life Day to my strong, independent friends. I love you today and every day.
- I'm not celebrating Valentine's Day, I'm celebrating P.I.C. Day. I love you, my partner in crime!
Famous Quotes About Being Single on Valentine's Day
If you can't find the words to express how you feel about being single on Valentine's Day, consider borrowing a quote from someone else. These iconic writers, singers, and T.V. characters were in your shoes and had a lot to say about it.
- "I love being single. It's almost like being rich." - Sue Grafton
- "If lovers get half price off on Valentine's Day, then singles should just get everything for free!" - Unknown
- "Single and fabulous. Exclamation point." - Carrie Bradshaw
- "Valentine's Day: the holiday that reminds you that if you don't have a special someone, you're alone." - Lewis Black
- "Yeah, I'm my own soulmate. No, I'm never lonely. I know I'm a queen, but I don't need no crown. Look up in the mirror like damn she the one." - Soulmate by Lizzo
- "S.I.N.G.L.E. = Strong, Independent, Noticeable, Generous, Loyal, and Enlightened." - Unknown
- "Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you're pretty sexy, and you're taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with." - Carrie Bradshaw
- "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." - Charles M. Schulz
- "The fact is, sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes. That's why we need really special ones now and then to make the walk a little more fun." -Carrie Bradshaw
Embrace Being Single on Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is just like any other day, but it can be fun to get in the spirit and spread the love, even if you don't have a significant other. Maybe grab your single pals and plan your own outing, like a Galentine's brunch or karaoke night, or treat yourself by indulging in some self-care. We know you deserve it!