Whether you are having a Disney-themed wedding, are a true romantic at heart, or just love the music, Disney wedding songs can add a special touch to your day, from a wedding introduction song to a mother and son song. Select songs based on when they will be used in your wedding.
Beautiful Disney Love Songs for Ceremonies
With a large percentage of Disney movies culminating in the ultimate "happily ever after" of a wedded bride and groom, it is no surprise that many couples choose Disney love songs for their wedding ceremonies.
Processional and Bridal Walk
The processional and bridal walk down the aisle should use songs with strong instrumentals. Even if the songs do have lyrics, consider finding a Disney instrumental version for your wedding processional music. Consider:
- Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas - The crescendo during the latter part is perfect for the bride's entrance once the rest of the party has made it down the aisle.
- When You Wish Upon a Star from Pinocchio - Often played as part of the evening show at Walt Disney World, this song is instantly recognizeable without any words.
- Married Life from UP - While a little faster than most processional songs, it is still a beautiful tune to use as part of your processional.
Songs During the Ceremony
Pick out a tune for the ceremony from these favorites:
- A Whole New World from Aladdin - The ceremony is all about bringing two worlds together - the bride's and groom's - so this song is perfect for the ceremony.
- What I've Been Looking For from High School Musical - This duet from the popular made-for-tv musical is a lovely option for lighting the unity candle or sung as a duet in the ceremony.
- One Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty - Nuptials held in the woods, rustic areas, or other outdoor locations lend themselves wonderfully to this duet from the main characters.
- I See the Light from Tangled - Select this duet for a romantic evening wedding ceremony. It's another good option to play or have sung during the unity candle portion.
Perfect Disney Tunes for the Reception
From the grand entrance to the first dance, the DJ's dance music to the end of the wedding reception's music, Disney songs can aptly fit into the wedding reception plans.
Play a tune that's upbeat but won't distract from the bridal party entrance. Look for ones that celebrate friendship, since the people standing next to you are your closest confidantes. Consider:
- If I Didn't Have You from Monsters, Inc. - A great friendship song that is fun for everyone.
- Be Our Guest from Beauty and the Beast - Invite everyone to the reception festivities while the bridal party walks in.
- Best of Friends from The Fox and the Hound - Let everyone know the bridal party members are your besties.
The first dance can be as sweet or as sassy as your personality. A few Disney tunes to fit your wedding style in the first dance include:
- Beauty and the Beast from Beauty and the Beast - This song is played when Belle and the Beast have their romantic dance, making it perfect for a first dance selection.
- Love is an Open Door from Frozen - Pick this fun duet if you want a lighthearted start to your reception dance.
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight? from The Lion King - A romantic classic for couples who have eyes only for each other.
- Never Knew I Needed from The Princess and the Frog - Not quite a dreamy slow song, but not quite a hopping dance tune, this contemporary sounding track is perfect for couples who want something modern with a Disney twist.
Reception Dance Songs From Disney
Not all songs played at a wedding have to be romantic love songs. Look for upbeat reception dance songs and ones that will get people grooving on the dance floor, like:
- You'll Be in My Heart from Tarzan - Select this meaningful song for a mother-son or father-daughter dance.
- Friend Like Me from Aladdin - Play this during the bridal party dance to honor your friends and family members who are truly your best buds.
- We Belong Together from Toy Story 3 - Another great option for the wedding party dance, this song is festive and fun.
- Everybody Wants to Be a Cat from The Aristocats - A jumpin' and jivin' party tune that all the cats get into, it will surely get everyone to the dance floor.
- Following the Leader from Peter Pan - Kids will get a kick out of this, especially if you form a line to move around the dance floor!
- Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride from Lilo and Stitch - If you need a wonderful beach wedding song, add this fun tune about playing in the sun and sand to your play list.
- Ever Ever After from Enchanted - Top of the night with this song about a happy ending to a fairy tale romance.
Give Guests Disney Wedding Music Favors
If you're incorporating Disney wedding music into your nuptial plans, you may want to consider incorporating into the wedding favors as well. A photo montage on CD or DVD with a background of one or more favorite Disney pieces can be a wonderful favor that commemorates your special day and goes along with your theme and music choices.