Savor the flavor of the Big Easy with a dessert-style cocktail that tastes just like a sweet favorite. The bananas foster cocktail has all the caramely, fruity, creamy goodness of the New Orleans dessert, but it comes in a glass, so you can sip it slowly to make it last (or guzzle it... we won't judge).
How to Make a Bananas Foster Cocktail
Put down the flame thrower — there will be no lighting anything on fire today. No need to flambé this creamy cocktail to get all the yummy flavor of bananas foster.
- 1 ounce dark rum
- 1 ounce banana liqueur
- ¾ ounce butterscotch liqueur
- ¾ ounce white crème de cacao
- Grated cinnamon for garnish
- Chill a martini glass or coupe.
- In a cocktail shaker, add ice, dark rum, banana liqueur, butterscotch liqueur, and white crème de cacao.
- Shake to chill.
- Strain into the chilled glass.
- Garnish with grated cinnamon.
Bananas Foster Cocktail Variations
Make your bananas foster martini a bit creamier or with more robust caramel notes and everything in between with these suggestions.
- Use equal parts dark rum and spiced rum for the liquor.
- Swap dark rum for a vanilla vodka or banana-infused vodka. Likewise, you can use a plain vodka to allow the other flavors to shine.
- Include a splash of heavy cream for a richer martini.
- Caramel vodka makes for an excellent choice for a base spirit.
Garnishes for a Bananas Foster Martini
From a graham cracker rim to a simple ground spice, you'll find that any of these garnishes will complete your cocktail with the perfect touch.
- Drizzle caramel syrup on the inside of the glass before serving.
- Give your drink a brown sugar rim. Rub the rim of the glass with an orange wedge and dip the rim into a saucer with brown sugar.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the drink, or even ground nutmeg.
- Garnish with a slice or two of banana on the rim of the glass, or pierce the slices with a cocktail skewer.
Bananas Foster in a Glass
Skip the danger and risk of a dessert going up in flames by going the nontraditional route with a bananas foster cocktail. Capture all the flavors of this classic and beloved dessert in a glass. What could make for a better after-dinner delight?