Chicken is our usual go-to for easy dinners because we know it's a family favorite. Season and bake it, and you'll have dinner on the table in just one hour. Does it really get better than that? We didn't think so.
Here's a juicy baked chicken thigh recipe to satisfy the entire family.
Baked Chicken Thighs Recipe
This recipe is packed with flavor, and it doesn't take a ton of prep time. The only thing that takes much time is peeling the shallots — but you can speed that up, too. To soften the skins on the shallots so they slide right off, put the shallots in a heat-safe bowl and pour boiling water over them. Allow to sit for five to 10 minutes, then drain and peel.
- 10 shallots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (plus additional for the chicken)
- 6 whole chicken thighs
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, toss the shallots with the olive oil and the ½ teaspoon of sea salt. Arrange them in a large baking pan.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Put the seasoned thighs over the top of the shallots, skin side up.
- Spread the thyme sprigs over the top of the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 165°F, about an hour.
If you like really crispy skin, brown the chicken thighs, skin-side down, on the stove-top on medium-high in a large skillet with two tablespoons of olive oil before transferring to the baking pan, skin-side up. Browning should take 5 to 7 minutes.
Veggie & Starch Sides
Every chicken dish needs a starchy side and some veggies to go with it. Here are some suggestions that will complete your baked chicken dinner.
Turn Yesterday's Leftovers Into a New Dish
Don't let yesterday's chicken thighs go to waste. Quickly turn them into a new tasty dish.
- Chicken casserole — We've got five delicious recipes that come together quickly when you use pre-cooked chicken.
- Chicken tacos — Who doesn't love taco night? Our chicken tacos recipe is quick and easy.
- Gluten-free chicken pot pie — You can use our recipe, or make one with leftover chicken, veggies, gravy, and a pre-made puff pastry crust on top.
- Spicy buffalo chicken pasta bake — If you like buffalo chicken wings, this casserole is going to be a new favorite.
Make Juicy Chicken Thighs Your Go-to Dinner
Experimenting with different spices gives your baked chicken thighs a new flavorful twist. This easy recipe lets the oven do all the work so you can focus on what matters the most, like spending time with loved ones.