- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch green onions, stem ends trimmed
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 dried chipotle chili, ground into powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (or leftover grilled chicken)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup pico di gallo or salsa
- 2 ounces crumbled Cotija cheese
- In a food processor, combine the lime juice, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, green onions, garlic cloves, jalapeño, chipotle chili, 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt, and 1/4 cup of the cilantro. Pulse for 20 one-second pulses, or until well combined with the vegetables and herbs finely chopped.
- Pour all but 2 tablespoons of the mixture into a large zipper bag with the chicken. Refrigerate and marinate for four hours. Reserve the remaining 2 tablespoons of the marinade.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil until it shimmers.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until it browns, about six minutes.
- Add the water, chili powder, dried cumin, coriander, garlic powder, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of the sea salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is coated and the water evaporates slightly, about three minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the reserved 2 tablespoons of marinade.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel. Microwave them for one minute.
- To assemble the tacos, spoon the meat on the corn tortillas. Top with the remaining chopped cilantro, pico di gallo or salsa, and crumbled Cotija cheese.
Tasty Taco Night
Serve your tacos by themselves or make a tasty taco night by pairing with other Tex-Mex favorites such as rice and refried beans. You can also take taco night to the next level by serving it with classic margaritas or enjoying a delicious and traditional tequila food pairing.
© 2023 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.