If you're looking for a simple dessert to serve after dinner, then you're in luck with this fluffy Jell-O yogurt pie recipe. Kids (and grown-ups) love this jiggly and refreshing dessert, so it will surely be a hit at the gathering. We haven't even gotten to the best part — this recipe requires no baking.
How to Make Jell-O Yogurt Pie
This easy no-bake dessert is the perfect option if you're short on time and need to whip up a dessert fast. This recipe makes about 6 to 8 servings.
- ¼ cup water
- 1 (3-ounce) package Jell-O (in a flavor to match the fruit used)
- 1 pint fresh fruit, stemmed, washed, dried, and peeled
- 12 ounces yogurt (plain or flavored)
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen nondairy whipped topping
- 1 (9-inch) premade graham cracker crust
- Boil water and add Jell-O. Stir until dissolved and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Place fruit and yogurt in a blender or food processor. Blend until fruit is completely puréed or stop when fruit is still in small chunks.
- In a large bowl, mix together the whipped topping and slightly cooled gelatin. Stir in the fruit-yogurt mixture. Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust.
- Chill overnight or freeze for two hours to make cutting easier.
Topping, & Jell-O Varieties
If you want, you can garnish the top of the pie with slices of fruit and a dollop of whipped topping. Here are some of our favorite toppings and flavor combinations for this pie:
- Watermelon gelatin with strawberry slices
- Orange gelatin with vanilla yogurt. Top with mandarin orange slices
- Berry Blue Jell-O with an assortment of berries, strawberries, and blueberries
- Mango gelatin with freshly sliced mangoes and drizzled condensed milk
- Strawberry gelatin with banana yogurt — top with banana and strawberry slices
- Peach Jell-O with creamy vanilla yogurt — top with canned peaches and crushed graham crackers
- Lime gelatin with plain yogurt mixed with mini chocolate chips
Another option is to freeze the pie and serve it as a frozen yogurt pie.
A typical Jell-O yogurt pie lasts for about 3-5 days in the fridge and up to a few weeks if frozen. Add toppings when you're ready to serve your pie to ensure fruits stay fresh.
Endless Options With Jell-O Yogurt Pie
The flavor options are endless with this tasty and refreshing Jell-O yogurt pie. Whether you're looking for a simple recipe to whip up or want a unique way to use Jell-O in your desserts, give this yogurt pie recipe a go. Partly sweet and gorgeous to look at, this simple recipe has both the creamy and refreshing mix of fruits and yogurt.